• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

How do you guys discover new YouTube channels?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I recently stumbled upon hiding in my room yourube channel. I accidentally stumbled upon channel because me and my gf were watching travel videos. 

How do you guys discover new channels?

Posted

By accident lol

Posted

Friend recommendations, searching for a certain topic, random YouTube suggestions. 

Posted

Usually just recommendations, but sometimes if i search up a certain topic/product/company etc

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by hahasofunny
I left

Posted

I click on random profiles in the comment sections.

this sounds like a good idea! searching for stuff on YT doesnt bring me channels i'd be interested in. just those 'viral'ones i cant stand ewwww

Posted

i usually watch stuff that youtube recommends to me or just fall into a rabbit hole clicking on videos until i find something interesting lol 

Posted

recommendations via youtube/friends online, clicking random youtube videos, and scrolling through the comments of a video to discover new channels.

Posted

Usually by accident lol or when i'm frantically searching for info for homework or when I'm feeling down.

my newest find is someone I actually love: Roedah Mansour https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFTq7XGLdh4h9sOo6K8GBmg/videos she's really sweet imo just kinda wanna give her a fat hug. wish we could see more of her personality outside of just self care and poetry, haven't got a full read on her just yet. it's interesting though, cuz she's a muslim asian speaking fluent ass english talking about important things and not just doing mukbangs, beauty or reactions.

Posted

Sometimes by accident, when watching a video from a channel I usually watch. Other times it could be recommended channels from people from blogs, or from youtube's algorithm(when its not acting up). 

Posted

Usually it's completely random based on YouTube algorithms.  My problem is that my suggestions are a bit wonky because my 7 year old daughter uses my laptop and is signed in to my account, so I get suggestions for things related to Gasha Life,   Roblox, random educational riddle videos, etc.

Posted (edited)

Spent my time on youtube since 2006. thousands of channels have gone by over the years and now I only watch a few niche ones. It takes a long time if possible at all to find a good channel anymore these days in my opinion, my system is this: if their titles/thumbnails are clickbaited, their content is unoriginal and they constantly urge you to subscribe and follow their social media and join their patreon/donate money, (which is 99% of channels now) it's a definite no for me. Also if they sound annoying/immature.

Which is why I only watch a handful of youtube channels about things I like that I stumbled upon with enough searching and luck and all of them are not in it to make easy money, these guys do it on the side because they enjoy it, and I dont mind if they take their time with new videos.

I know it's nice to make a easy career out of youtube videos but a lot of people really feel stale and fake, no passion is there.

There are rare cases where a for profit youtube channel is good though. 

Edited by Gogeta