• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Dealing with dry lips

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I've had this problem for ages. I used tons of lip balms, scrubs for lips, tried applaying normal moisturizer but nothing works :alpacaworry: 

Maybe someone has some tips for reaaaally dry lips? I've searched the internets, but I couldn't find any solution that would work for me :alpacadone:

Posted

Maybe you read it already, but have you tried honey on your lips?
I heard this from my doctor the other day when she saw my lips...
Just apply some honey to your lips and leave it on there for quite a while, but be sure not to lick it off.
Also you have to drink enough water to make sure your lips don't dry out.

Sorry, nothing special I know. :alpacaworry2:
Probably you heard/read all of this already, but the honey always helps me
Good luck!

Posted

You should think also about the food you eat. There are tons of reason sometimes, or you lack something and also how much water you daily drinking.

Posted

You should think also about the food you eat. There are tons of reason sometimes, or you lack something and also how much water you daily drinking.

Could you specify what should I eat? I've never actually cared about my diet so I think that could be a reason behind my problem

Maybe you read it already, but have you tried honey on your lips?
I heard this from my doctor the other day when she saw my lips...
Just apply some honey to your lips and leave it on there for quite a while, but be sure not to lick it off.
Also you have to drink enough water to make sure your lips don't dry out.

Sorry, nothing special I know. :alpacaworry2:
Probably you heard/read all of this already, but the honey always helps me
Good luck!

I read about scrubs using honey and sugar(? I'm not sure). And simple methods are the best :3 I will definitely try :alpacacrush:

Posted

Describe me what you normally use to eat.
(Even when everybody's body is different there are things which work. For example I know when I shouldn't eat specific food in certain time.)
And also was thinking about more things. Do you sleep with your mouth open? If yes try a humidifier.

Posted

Describe me what you normally use to eat.
(Even when everybody's body is different there are things which work. For example I know when I shouldn't eat specific food in certain time.)
And also was thinking about more things. Do you sleep with your mouth open? If yes try a humidifier.

Nah, mouth closed.

I eat basically everything. A lot of bread, chocolate and sweets, but also huge amounts of vegetables. Not much junk food.

Sorry if this doesn't help, I'm awful at keeping track what I eat :alpacadone:

Posted

Nah, mouth closed.

I eat basically everything. A lot of bread, chocolate and sweets, but also huge amounts of vegetables. Not much junk food.

Sorry if this doesn't help, I'm awful at keeping track what I eat :alpacadone:

Sugar! try to reduce it, I know its hard :D
Drink a lot of water and the vegetables are ok

The bread, chocolate and sweets are very bad.

Posted

Sugar? That's going to be hard :alpacaworry2:

Thank you sooo much ^^ Maybe this will help ^^

Posted

Sugar? That's going to be hard :alpacaworry2:

Thank you sooo much ^^ Maybe this will help ^^

Yeah, sugar is the biggest reason for skin to age fast too.
Just reduce it first until your body and lips improve and then you can eat it from time to time :D

Posted (edited)

Yeah, sugar is the biggest reason for skin to age fast too.Just reduce it first until your body and lips improve and then you can eat it from time to time :D

does sugar in fruit count as well?

I've had this problem for ages. I used tons of lip balms, scrubs for lips, tried applaying normal moisturizer but nothing works :alpacaworry: 

Maybe someone has some tips for reaaaally dry lips? I've searched the internets, but I couldn't find any solution that would work for me :alpacadone:

i get dry lips often because i use matte and satin lipsticks and hate having moist lips so i use mint julips lip scrub from lush. you can make your own with less ingridients like honey and caster sugar. It makes my lips really soft and if you're like me and hate having moist lips then try using a lip balm (preferably with honey) at night when you're asleep.

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 16.42.16.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 16.41.20.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 14.44.56.png

Edited by Sugar Plum

Posted

Lush has some really good lib scrubs, and they've worked well for me (I also have really dry lips). I think using those occasionally, and drinking more water would help a lot.

Posted

does sugar in fruit count as well?

i get dry lips often because i use matte and satin lipsticks and hate having moist lips so i use mint julips lip scrub from lush. you can make your own with less ingridients like honey and caster sugar. It makes my lips really soft and if you're like me and hate having moist lips then try using a lip balm (preferably with honey) at night when you're asleep.

Hidden Content

Its a big difference lol. We did learn this in 4th grade elementary school.

http://www.cancercenter.com/discussions/blog/natural-vs-refined-sugars-whats-the-difference/

Posted

OMG!!!! Thank you @Mamechiko for making this thread!!! I have really dry lips and want to get rid of them TwT i try putting lip balm but it doesn't work, i'll try the honey thing for sure but @Kaluwa is it supposed to be bee honey or can it be any type of honey? :/ There are various types as long as i know ówo or maybe us mexicans just like to make honey out of everything (like maple syrup... we call it honey as well :B).

Posted

Its a big difference lol. We did learn this in 4th grade elementary school.

http://www.cancercenter.com/discussions/blog/natural-vs-refined-sugars-whats-the-difference/

i know theres a difference but i wanted to know if natural sugar makes you age too.

OMG!!!! Thank you @Mamechiko for making this thread!!! I have really dry lips and want to get rid of them TwT i try putting lip balm but it doesn't work, i'll try the honey thing for sure but @Kaluwa is it supposed to be bee honey or can it be any type of honey? :/ There are various types as long as i know ówo or maybe us mexicans just like to make honey out of everything (like maple syrup... we call it honey as well :B).

bee honey

Posted

i know theres a difference but i wanted to know if natural sugar makes you age too.

Yup. The sugars found in fruit etc. also contribute to aging. In general high glucose isn't too good for that... The sun is the number one source of aging (keep in mind UVA rays penetrate through glass so even if you're inside) but sugar is pretty major too.

I've actually had to go to the doctor before for extremely dry lips they were that bad lol. He gave me some free samples for things. Stuff like aquaphor is good.