• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ember Whann

1.thumb.jpeg.9c81ea094e3f0b7ee185bb88331

Instagram: @temporarygoddess
Lolcow Thread
Kiwi Farms Thread

Ember Whann is a 22 year old woman from Honeoye Falls, NY, USA. She is mostly known for running a pro-ana blog on Tumblr, photoshopping her photos, and lying constantly. She is also infamous for cyberbulling and harassing another blogger on Tumblr, Emilyologist. Ember deletes social media accounts rapidly depending on what phase she is currently in, so screenshotting her posts is essential in documenting her behavior. As of October 4th, 2018, her Instagram account has 24.3k followers. 

Please note: The more I research Ember, the more I uncover. I will be continuously adding to this post, because WOW there’s a lot to unpack here!!

Pro-Ana Days (ED TW!!)

Ember has claimed to have suffered from anorexia nervosa from a very young age. On her Tumblr blog she would post photos of her emaciated body. Many people suspect that Ember has edited her body to look "sicker". All of Ember’s tumblr pages have been deactivated, but you’ll still see people mention her blog names (fairypxle, starvinggkitten, fleshpale, Etc). Ember has made pro-ana Instagram pages before as well.
3.thumb.png.49cc6e7cbe39397eb11f36a7d196

2.thumb.png.53b6286e63ec85dd8f52a5e31707
5.thumb.png.1de1fd5d37d606b8ea884aa1a55f
13.thumb.png.3393579ac3610155d0a8bf70641
11.thumb.png.f4736df4180418ec010d235c8dd

Harassing Emily & Sockpuppeting

If you were on Tumblr during this particular time period, you probably remember the drama between Emily and Ember. Ember was jealous of Emily’s eating disorder, also Ember made a blog to impersonate Emily. After Emily called Ember our, Ember went on a cyber bullying tyraid. 

06FD2483-F936-4554-90A7-8FEDC8DD0833.thu5D7603C2-9FC8-4816-8F88-119D616C718D.thuFF82F828-AFE9-4E46-A160-FEDCA080FAC2.thu95931D5E-01AC-43C5-98F3-F6FF2EC3B5B6.thu

65A87D4C-57CD-424D-A7AD-E33D2BF86540.thu

Link to Tumblr post

“Sept 2013, I was messaged anonymously about a blog with the username “thincapacitated” who was copying everything about me and copy and pasted my whole FAQ and coping skills page word for word, even called herself “Em”. At this time in my blogging career (lol) I was going by the username “thinsignificant” so boom number one right there she did the walmart knockoff version of my URL. It was then that I realized she was mimicking and posing exactly the same in every single picture as I was, making her captions similar, and her personal posts were identical to mine in regards to my eating disorder. Everything she had put on that blog was fabricated and was a pathetic scraggled mirror image of an attempt to be me.

As far as the Ember situation, I messaged her once a while ago when I was going through her blog and realized that she copy and pasted my FAQ onto hers so I called her out on it. We talked it through and I’m naturally a very forgiving person at heart so we had become “friends” over the course of a couple weeks or so. I dismissed the incident as a funny way to bring people together. One day out of the blue I received a great deal of hate messages about Ember, and anonymous hate about me. One of the messages, Ember forgot to click the ‘anonymous’ button, and I felt betrayed. I called her out once again, publicly. After that she would continuously post about me on her tumblr calling me a vagina, bitch, etc… and then started to post about it on twitter and tagged me in it to make sure I would see. That’s when a lot of the anonymous hate began. I would start receiving upwards of 50+ messages a day calling me “fat, chunky, ugly, bucktooth, failure, never be as pretty as Ember Whann.” Always had to be I will never be as X as Ember in there somewhere.
That’s when I invested (my time) in statcounter and xkit. Statcounter allowed me to track the visitors on who views my blog by their IP address location, Town, City, State, Country… And it shows the URL of the pages they are on at and at what time/date right down to the second they are there, how long they spend on the page, etc.. Xkit is a tumblr extention that allows me to see what time and date a message in my inbox was sent. Using these two applications, I can track the town, and the personal IP address to see who is sending me any particular message.
I noticed over 400 page clicks and views from one IP address in Rochester, NY, and lo and behold the 50+ hate messages every single day had been coming from Ember Whann-onymous. She was on my page for over 8 hours every single day, constantly checking, refreshing, sending anonymous messages to me about herself in hopes that I would acknowledge her. 
This went on for a couple months, she then had found some of my family members, my friends, and my boyfriend through my personal social media accounts, made fake profiles, and tried to befriend them; pretending she knew me and sucking information out of their mouths like a leech. When they called her out on being creepy, or when I told them it was a fake profile, when I told them Ember Whann was stalking not only me, but my friends, family, my worplaces, and boyfriends family as well, Ember had backlashed. She then started sending hate to all of them too, sending personal information that I had once told her in secrecy for a brief moment of what I wanted to be friendship. She harassed others close to me so severly they hit a breaking point of where she had severely damaged my relationships that to this day I have not been able to completely mend. 
The flat out stalking and harassing was irritating and destroyed me. My self harm got worse. My eating disorder got worse. My substance abuse took off. All in that time, but I hadn’t told anyone in fear of being that fucking person that is textbook definition of what happens when you confront/talk to strangers on the internet and share your secrets like you would at a slumber party when you were 10 years old. Her anonymous hate progressively got more detailed and sickening over time. What started out as “You will never be as pretty or as thin as Ember,” turned into “don’t you see how fat you’re getting?! Wow looks like someone’s been loving their chocolate cake little too much nice muffin top :’)”. That had turned into “Don’t you see that cellulite rolling and fat folding all over your body? Cut if off you fat cunt.” Which turned into “Slit your wrists you pathetic low life alcoholic junkie whore. Kill yourself now and save everyone else from your existence you fat slag.”
Needless to say I have grown very, very thick skin due to the verbal and psychological abuse from this woman who wants to wear me as a skinsuit; And who claims that I am the one who is stalking her. If you ask her at any given time, I am the psychotic one, she’s the sane one, I harassed her family and friends, sent hate (etc), not the other way around.
I learned I could block messages and IP addresses from viewing my blog so I did the best I could to block her from my life. After a while of no incidents, in 2015 she created a blog called ecelebcopycats.tumblr.com where she would post 24/7, trashing me, obsessing over every little thing I did, picking apart nitty gritty details of every aspect of my life to take the monster status off herself and pin it to someone else. She did well covering her tracks for a while until she started posting death threats to me on Ecelebcopycats (ECC), posted my home address, my cellphone number, home number, my workplace and address, and my family’s contact information. That’s where I drew the line and went to the police in December of 2015. My local PD was not very helpful, they had no idea what the fuck a tumblr was and when I was sitting lifelessly crying my statement, the most they could do was find the general area of where the blog was created, but that would narrow it down to (depending on the location) a few thousand people. It just wasn’t worth it, but I kept my chin up, made a false post (Yes guys, the ECC post content was a lie, but the outcome was not) online about how the police had traced the origin of the blog owner to Rochester NY and that was all the information they could tell me and honestly, that was all I needed to know who it was. December 25, 2015, the blog was deleted. 
The way that Ember had gone about with her harassment towards myself and my family and others around me was so cunning and insidius way, that it was not punishable by law, no matter how much harm she had caused; no matter how many times she “anonymously” told me to starve myself and throw up my meals because I’ll never be as skinny as her; no matter how much danger she put me in by spreading my personal information by publicly posting a stalkers wetdream of where and when to find me and everything about me for all to see; no matter how many “anonymous” messages she sent graphically telling me to slit my throat/wrists and end my life because no one would miss me.
There’s a difference between people I don’t like, and people who are bad. That was the very bulk of the reasons why Ember Whann falls under the category of people who are bad in my book. This was not meant in any way to be a sob-story of any sorts. But I have been getting an influx of anonymous messages pondering and babbling about Ember Whann, so I wanted to take my time to write all this out the best I could so there is no more questions. 
Since that incident there hasn’t been much but petty copycat related ~i want 2 be emily~ esqe aesthetic going on. This is the least of my worries, more amusing than anything and in comparison to what she had done, it’s not in the least bit harmful. It does peeve me, though. Her copying my hair color right after I dye it, my outfit choices, makeup application, the way I pose for selfies, my blog themes, etc.. 
She still has fake sock accounts, keeps me on post notifications so she knows when I post and she can see it immediately. Since 2013 this has been going on, and I am not going to go more into her wanting to be me fashion statement because that’s easy to look up on your own time. But I’ve never sat down and wrote out the timeline of events on what happened and what set off our “rivalry”. Since I haven’t spoken about it, it’s a lesser known side of the story. I’ve spout off bits and pieces here and there but for the most part of what I can remember, this is how it began.”

"Recovery" Blog (ED TW!!)

Ember has run multiple eating disorder "recovery" blogs and instagram pages. These blogs usually show Ember getting thinner and thinner, and there is usually little to no recovery featured in these "recovery" blogs. Her “recovery” Instagram hasn’t been used since October 3rd, 2017, but it can be found HERE.
7.thumb.png.36707d68c7c0ff82005ac58eacfd
8.thumb.png.e9d5b3576f49c07098d7b5725ccd
9.thumb.png.68d3c111fccc45ba45049d88018a
10.thumb.png.49cacf8280356ef2080d1dac93e

Vegan Wiccan Phase

Ember dabbled in Wicca and veganism. Ember was accused of using both Wicca and veganism as an aesthetic. She also has the worst eyebrows during this time!
6.thumb.png.583d41c0e5d23dbc696ef12a02da
12.thumb.png.7dc9ef92f2cb4c6c54a54d57d17
14.thumb.png.5db6bc5e5e01dd19808aaadd280

4F93B50B-5C76-4E28-93F7-3CBE9D6AF14B.thux

Lies

Ember has faked papers stating her mental health and eating disorder diagnosis.
4.thumb.gif.71d84ce5b0777be01fd3d4bee308 
Ember has also been accused of lying about being abused by her ex-boyfriend. 

15.thumb.png.0de4456ec7cd3a72e8b745b2103

Gossip blogs on tumblr always have a lot to say about Ember. 

BA08C440-6AD9-430B-BD73-9D62244943F3.thu212B072A-CC71-4946-850D-F1F4AF5D0FC6.thux

Current Phase

Now Ember claims to be a makeup artist on her instagram. She also seems to have ditched her vegan Wiccan lifestyle for a instabaddie one. Ember’s “modeling” page can be found HERE.

9185C949-091E-4152-A967-04E958B9D263.thux

78215993-D8BB-4E03-9167-B92AEB26109C.thux

1B67017F-C386-45CA-942F-7F39B02CEE00.thux

A0FBB816-2BCA-4AB8-9B03-DB7FE418E7E2.thux

85F632E6-9A43-40E3-B6C6-4D022339FFBB.thux

It seems like people definitely still remember the vile person Ember has been in the past. 

9F13CF35-4C8F-40A3-8D7C-799BC7602432.thux

It probably doesn’t help that Ember promotes Teatox (aka laxative tea)!

A4F67F29-CD37-4F5C-B55A-B1053D4F6377.thux

Edited by SadBlythe
I’ll add more info as needed! Please let me know if I missed anything!!

Posted

The link posted for her instagram doesn't work. I need a working one to verify her follower numbers. 

Posted

The link posted for her instagram doesn't work. I need a working one to verify her follower numbers. 

I’m sorry about that! It should be fixed now! 

Posted

I remember this girl from when Failice Fawn was still on tumblr.. cant believe shes still relevant now. 

Posted (edited)

I remember this girl from when Failice Fawn was still on tumblr.. cant believe shes still relevant now. 

Idk if she’s really relevant anymore, but she seems to have found herself a small following. She’s creating and selling merch for herself, but I have a feeling that a lot her followers are fake and/or bought. 

FCA358F0-6F6C-476D-B22B-ED1A0E38008E.thu

ETA: She reposted the picture with this caption 

E051D270-CE90-411F-ABBE-3A70157A7E71.thuF08B16AE-1102-433E-98C1-E77706916F19.thu

Edited by SadBlythe

Posted (edited)

Ember Whann has been harrassing and stalking my daughter for 3 years now.  It all started out of jealously towards my daughter because she was modeling.  Ember has threatened her and has also had my daughter falsely arrested.  This placed an order of protection against my daughter and while it was in place, ember continued to stalk and harrass via Instagram and Snapchat and also showing up to her job and hanging out near my daughters place of residence.  I just want her to get some serious psychological help and for her to stop harrassing people. 

Edited by Jen

Posted

Are people actually buying that merch? Lol I can't imagine someone wearing that in public. 

Posted

THANK YOU. Awe I miss the ol' Felice Fawn time period where all the wannabe's crawled out from the shadows desperately wanting what Fawn had. Those were fun times. I was wondering why there wasn't anything about Ember on PULL, it's about time lol

Posted

Oh shit this bitch! RIP the Felice Fawn tumblr days, it's such a different aesthetic from the instabaddie look today. Weird to see Ember trying to jump on that bandwagon, she suits this look better than her previous ones imo. Her "merch" is just straight up tragic lol.

I love that she's a banned topic over at lolcow.

Posted

Don’t make this bitch relevant, she tries to be relevant so bad it hurts 

Posted

Ember is now scamming her “followers”.  Claiming she never received money people are paying for her merch .. this started a series of screen shots proving to her they sent her the money.  She is still manipulating and conniving.  

1FA99636-27B1-499F-A0BC-9F86A0690DA7.png

Posted

I’m so happy to have found this thread , it really helps in venting the constant harassment my daughter receives from Ember .. on January 11,2019, she posted on Reddit.com defamation of my daughter and continues to bash her any chance she can get .. I don’t understand how ember is able to get away with continually hurting others.  She really is sick in her emotionally state of mind.. if anyone knows what we can do to stop ember from hurting anyone else in the future please contact me .. 

Posted

I’m so happy to have found this thread , it really helps in venting the constant harassment my daughter receives from Ember .. on January 11,2019, she posted on Reddit.com defamation of my daughter and continues to bash her any chance she can get .. I don’t understand how ember is able to get away with continually hurting others.  She really is sick in her emotionally state of mind.. if anyone knows what we can do to stop ember from hurting anyone else in the future please contact me .. 

Would you mind elaborating on this?