• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Korean Beauty Youtubers

91 posts in this topic

Posted

I doubt she was lying about the bullying for being tan. She said it was when she was younger, aka probably around her elementary/middle school years. Yes, now she's tanning herself at the salon for the aesthetic but yeah... a little kid don't do that for clout. She did say that when she grew up, her skin color faded which obviously is nothing abnormal. When I was younger, I used to be nearly as tan as my dad (think Manny Pacquiao) but now that I've grown up and become a social recluse, my skin is pale to the point where people genuinely think I'm part/half white. "Asian Ariana Grande" is a good overall summary though LOL  The emoji thing is big yikes lmao I just use the yellow apple default. 

I feel like she's pushing the boundaries for views. I think she mentioned in a video (I forgot which, sorry :() that she had surgery on her eyes or something and it most definitely wasn't the typical Gangnam style double eyelid and protruding aegyo sal surgery. It's super slanted and ngl it's kinda pretty but the first time I watched her vids, I was wondering whether or not she was using tape to pull her eyes upward. 

My point is that if she needs to tan to be that tan (its not even super dark if you look at her foundation without editing it) I highly doubt she was tan in the first place, if you take a look at her IG her tone is so unconsistent too. 

Posted

My point is that if she needs to tan to be that tan (its not even super dark if you look at her foundation without editing it) I highly doubt she was tan in the first place, if you take a look at her IG her tone is so unconsistent too. 

That's a good point but tan is a pretty broad spectrum in Korea. If you're the slightest bit darker than other people, you're "tan". Tan pretty much varies from country-to-country. Tan in the USA imo is sandy beige or even darker. 

Her tan skin is obv edited on. Not surprised to hear that it's inconsistent on IG. I don't follow her on there lol.

Posted

That's a good point but tan is a pretty broad spectrum in Korea. If you're the slightest bit darker than other people, you're "tan". Tan pretty much varies from country-to-country. Tan in the USA imo is sandy beige or even darker. 

Her tan skin is obv edited on. Not surprised to hear that it's inconsistent on IG. I don't follow her on there lol.

I dont follow her either, but doesnt this apply as blackface or something similar? Its honestly as annoying to me. 

Posted

I dont follow her either, but doesnt this apply as blackface or something similar? Its honestly as annoying to me. 

I'm honestly not too familiar with the topic of blackfacing and/or blackfishing but I don't think she applies to either of them. This imo is the equivilent of a white lady going to get a spray tan at some salon. Jella is not calling herself black nor is she trying to pass herself as black. It's obvious that she's Asian but she looks more Southern Eastern?? So like a British lady trying to look Italian I guess.

I really want to like Jella since she seems like a nice person but she's just rubbing me the wrong. 

Posted

I really want to like Jella since she seems like a nice person but she's just rubbing me the wrong. 

Idk why but I get that "vibe" from her and it's not in a good way lol. There's just something off about her. 

Posted

Um Jella is NOT naturally dark skinned. She tans like crazy. She admitted to it in a youtube video 

If your skin is able to tan in UV rays then yes that is your skin color and it is natural. People can get tanned and lose the tan. Asians can get VERY tan but they avoid it on purpose. 

Some people cannot tan at all and just become burnt.

I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to go get a tan..........black people are not the only people that can be brown colored and she is not even that dark. Seriously, what is the big deal?  

Posted

Idk why but I get that "vibe" from her and it's not in a good way lol. There's just something off about her. 

Somehow I have the same feeling. She doesn't look tanned, she looks spray-tanned. Especially if I look at her hand.

Posted (edited)

Do y'all know Heizle? Tbh I used to like her but now she comes off as extremely conceited to me so I unsubscribed. Also her Jennie obsession is a bit much, like in one of her videos she was bragging about how she kinda looks like Jennie and could be her cousin LMAO. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.14.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.14.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.15.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.15.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.15.28 PM.png

Edited by flulffyomurice

Posted

I loved Heizle before her last trip to the plastic surgeon and before her excessive kpop tutorials :/ Her old fairy like makeup, snow inspired makeup were all so gorgeous. :alpacaworry:

Posted

I used to like Heizle for her hair tutorials but then her weird Jennie obsession became too much for me as well. It’s not on the same level as Joan’s and at least she can kind of pull off looking similar to Jennie but it’s still weird.

Posted

Didnt heizle release a collab with some makeup brand? Ive watched her a few times but she didnt really stand out to me

Posted

I used to like Heizle for her hair tutorials but then her weird Jennie obsession became too much for me as well. It’s not on the same level as Joan’s and at least she can kind of pull off looking similar to Jennie but it’s still weird.

Stopped keeping up with her when she started titling her videos as "Human Chanel Makeup" "Human Dior" "Human Gucci Makeup" "Human YSL Makeup". Her videos were good up to her "Hanbok Makeup" video and then she started getting obsessed with Jennie.

Posted

I don’t think Jella is talking about it, but has anyone followed the copyright strike issues with Miss Darcei? 

Posted

new here lol, but just wondering it myself aswell cuz none of the other ones featured in her series filed a copyright strike. Is the copyright strike recent?

I don’t think Jella is talking about it, but has anyone followed the copyright strike issues with Miss Darcei? 

Posted

What happened?