• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Korean Beauty Youtubers

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Um Jella is NOT naturally dark skinned. She tans like crazy. She admitted to it in a youtube video 

Posted

Um Jella is NOT naturally dark skinned. She tans like crazy. She admitted to it in a youtube video 

She was born with darker skin. She has talked about how she was teased for it when she was younger but as she grew up, her skin lost that color. So yeah, we know she does tanning.

I feel as if she's tanning herself to get more views and stand out from all the K-Beauty YouTubers (which honestly is working out quite well)  But like we said before we doubt she has any ill intentions, especially after collaborating with Holika Holika to create a darker shade for foundation. At this rate though, I'm waiting for her to get clouted by someone. Specifically the ones that have been calling out the blackfishes recently :/ 

Posted

is haley kim fits into this category?

she's korean but her video in english maybe because she's going to UK's uni. i like how she embrace her own skin tone and she's not using those blurring filter. the only tea about her is probably almost all of her makeup look seems similar because she's embracing natural makeup i guess.

Posted (edited)

This girl is the only one I follow since I found her tutorials 

Edited by arinbunny

Posted

This girl is the only one I follow since I found her tutorials 

omg i love leesu!! she's one of the only beauty gurus (forget korean) that im subscribed to. she's seriously so pretty! i dont know what it is abt her since she's practically almost the same as Pony in terms of vibes and video content but i just rlly like her?? i wish she uploaded more videos. her Dark Red Devil makeup look was really cool

and this is the moment i found out im gay

Posted

i wonder if any of you guys recognize this girl on youtube and what do you think about her? so far that i know she’s korean but fluent in english

her youtube channel is soo beauty

3CF2C928-7822-4201-8DE5-58D94AA14C7C.jpeg

Soo beauty, right? Something bothers me about her. I hate how she randomly pronounces words in a different accent; some examples are channel like chanel and pore like po-reh.... sounds so damn annoying. Unless she's lived abroad and her accent got mumbled, I think it's reallyyyy unnecessary. 

Posted

omg i love leesu!! she's one of the only beauty gurus (forget korean) that im subscribed to. she's seriously so pretty! i dont know what it is abt her since she's practically almost the same as Pony in terms of vibes and video content but i just rlly like her?? i wish she uploaded more videos. her Dark Red Devil makeup look was really cool

and this is the moment i found out im gay

omg i am subscribed to her too and yet i forgot about her but i agree with your entire post. LMAO. i am so envious of her skin and i love how her eyebrows are not the typical straight line.

Soo beauty, right? Something bothers me about her. I hate how she randomly pronounces words in a different accent; some examples are channel like chanel and pore like po-reh.... sounds so damn annoying. Unless she's lived abroad and her accent got mumbled, I think it's reallyyyy unnecessary. 

she has lived abroad, but it's 5000% intentional. she does it to be quirky. i do agree it's unnecessary, but i don't watch her videos that much so i'm not too bothered by it.

Posted

I think Lamuqe has her own thread but it was revealed a week ago that her boyfriend passed away due to liver cancer after being diagnosed this year. :( She posted on Instagram about his passing but some people in the comments were awful to her speculating about their relationship and saying it was suicide. I don’t watch too much of her because personally I wasn’t a fan of her style of videos and being friends with ssin but she seems very sweet.

Posted

oh that’s way too dark :/ She does lighten it with concealer after, but it’s still way too dark for her skin.

She's doing reverse contouring (applying a dark base and lightening the normally lit part of her face) -- I feel like it appearing dark might have to do with the undertone being wrong (I have the same issue being neutral olive) or probably bc she picked a shade too dark. But it's wayyy too warm I agree esp in the begining shots. I wonder if it's because she seems to boost saturation and edit the white balance though? Her insta pic of this look looked fine imho

Also I'm not trying to WK by the way but I can't help but tick at the mention of makeup clinging to bumps of her skin : that's what makeup does lol

I mean more and more people use filters to smooth out their skin so maybe it's a bit surprising but I'm part of the people that are very glad Jella doesn't shy away from showing her skin texture in close ups? I don't think she cakes on makeup though maybe she puts a bit too much foundation on to my liking. I've seen gurus do worse than that and they looked like wax figures lol

Posted

I did some research about Jella and no, she is not that tan naturally, she is like an Asian Ariana Grande, she said she goes to the salon to get tanned, she is doing this 100% for aesthetic, also this is the foundation she uses (3N) its not even that dark, probably edits her videos too 

Dior-Backstage-Foundation-swatches.jpg

So she basically lied about being bullied for being tan? If you are naturally tanned you dont need to go to a salon, you just STOP getting bleaching shoots. Also some people pointed out she uses the darkest emoji and that making them uncomfortable, thats up to each person I guess, what bothers me is that she uses light colored lenses like dark eyes wont look good with tan skin.  

Posted

I think Lamuqe has her own thread but it was revealed a week ago that her boyfriend passed away due to liver cancer after being diagnosed this year. :( She posted on Instagram about his passing but some people in the comments were awful to her speculating about their relationship and saying it was suicide. I don’t watch too much of her because personally I wasn’t a fan of her style of videos and being friends with ssin but she seems very sweet.

She seems to be diving into work since her boyfriends death by uploading more videos often. I hope she’s coping well. 

I think she’s very sweet and kind. She dropped a certain collab with Innisfree after there was a controversy where one of the female employees working there was abused or something? Plus she seems quite genuine when it comes to interacting with her subscribers. 

Posted (edited)

I did some research about Jella and no, she is not that tan naturally, she is like an Asian Ariana Grande, she said she goes to the salon to get tanned, she is doing this 100% for aesthetic, also this is the foundation she uses (3N) its not even that dark, probably edits her videos too 

Hidden Content

So she basically lied about being bullied for being tan? If you are naturally tanned you dont need to go to a salon, you just STOP getting bleaching shoots. Also some people pointed out she uses the darkest emoji and that making them uncomfortable, thats up to each person I guess, what bothers me is that she uses light colored lenses like dark eyes wont look good with tan skin.  

I doubt she was lying about the bullying for being tan. She said it was when she was younger, aka probably around her elementary/middle school years. Yes, now she's tanning herself at the salon for the aesthetic but yeah... a little kid don't do that for clout. She did say that when she grew up, her skin color faded which obviously is nothing abnormal. When I was younger, I used to be nearly as tan as my dad (think Manny Pacquiao) but now that I've grown up and become a social recluse, my skin is pale to the point where people genuinely think I'm part/half white. "Asian Ariana Grande" is a good overall summary though LOL  The emoji thing is big yikes lmao I just use the yellow apple default. 

I feel like she's pushing the boundaries for views. I think she mentioned in a video (I forgot which, sorry :() that she had surgery on her eyes or something and it most definitely wasn't the typical Gangnam style double eyelid and protruding aegyo sal surgery. It's super slanted and ngl it's kinda pretty but the first time I watched her vids, I was wondering whether or not she was using tape to pull her eyes upward. 

Edited by *sips tea*

Posted

Love EVA! Especially her college vlogs. She also seems cool, can think for herself and has a good head on her shoulders 

Posted

I have my doubts about how tan she was as a kid to get bullied because when I visited Korea I was made fun of for my skintone when I’m at most considered a light-medium. And in Korea they think it’s humorous to call EXO’s Kai the “dark one” of the group.

Posted

I think one person already mentioned her but i really want to share EVA Channel. She's a beauty/vlogger channel who I think is one of the least problematic K-beauty Youtubers. She seems like a kind girl who genuinely cares about her content, She's a college student who makes videos about her life in college some of her most famous videos are her vlogging months and weeks of her school days (Most of them are like 1 hour long so if you have the time to relax and watch i highly suggest you do.) and occasionally makes videos on makeup tutorials (lately its been mostly vlogs and some hauls which is why i said occasionally but her channel began as a all  beauty channel). I've been following her for a while now and the way she edits her videos is very simple and clean but it's effective in getting your attention.

eva.png