• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Nigri thread

6540 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmmm now that you (and my boyfriend) are saying that you're still skeptical about it i'm starting to have doubts as well... My bf told me that maybe Ryan made the patterns for her and she just traced them and sand them, which actually looks extremelly easy and sounds very likely since the most difficult part in cosplay is actually tracing stuff and making patterns... If only i had those materials @ home T^T

Posted

She only half-assed it to try and made it look like she did it.I mean, sure she may have done some of it but until I see actual proof of her doing it all herself, I don't believe it.

I agree.  Until she shows it from start to finish, its whatever.  It's cool she helps and can do stuff, but what she did looks what I do with my BF to  make my armor costumes.  He does most of the work and I do the little things like what she did in the video.  In the end I still say my BF mostly made this and I helped with painting/gluing/sanding etc.  Meh.

Posted

I've seen some cosplayers on youtube do a time lapse of them making their cosplays (not just sewing but making armor and props) and for Nigri to prove that she makes her cosplays I feel that'd be a good option for her

Posted

But she never will since she lies about making everything herself.

Posted

She definitely looked like she contributed a lot to that Deathwing cosplay. She seems to do the armor/prop work and leaves the sewing to someone else. While she is a bit on the lazy side of cosplaying she has learned a lot and I've seen her grow. Her boyfriend obviously helps her but doesnt want to be a glory hog and just lets her say she did it even if she didnt do 100% she still did the majority. Compared to her "sexy pokemon" this is great. This is the kind of stuff we've been waiting to see from her.

She has a personality similiar to my boyfriends. I say personality but more of how his ADHD affects him. Very spastic, 0-60 emotions, forgetfulness and overall the hyperactivity. I've been with him for 5 years and it's not something he can entirely help because his brain is literally different. So when I see her constantly forgetting it's easy to say she a cold-hearted, selfish and just plain mean but I would never want someone to think that of my boyfriend when he is so kind-hearted. For as long as I have been with him I have had to help him with his forgetfulness and how easily distracted he is. I definitely see that in Jessica. Now obviously there are things you can do to help it and I don't think she tries hard enough. Obviously people need to stop doing things for her instead of letting her learn and do it herself.

There are still many things I don't like about her. How she won't admit to her plastic surgery (seriously whats up with that?) claiming she made a cosplay when someone else did (we're talking the whole thing and she just put it on) her fake interests, and why in the world the boobs get bigger every year. But we still have to take it with a grain of salt. We don't know her personally, her struggles, her true feelings, her as a person entirely. We see her outward self, a self made for the cameras. We're so quick to judge, to only see the dark aspects of someones personality. You can't judge someone as a whole if you never look at the whole. I dance around arguments, I never admit my faults, I am quick to say something hurtful, I can seem cold and attention-hogging. BUT that's only ONE side of me. I love to help people out, listen to their problems and give them ways to fix it, I go above and beyond with gifts and put a lot of thought into them, I cheer people up when they're sad, I do a lot of good things and I would hate for someone just to judge me on only the bad parts. Because unless you're murdering people or driving people to suicide on purpose  you're really not THAT bad.

Posted

Glad to see something related to Blizzcon compared to last time. *cough*Umbreon*cough* (or was it another Blizzard-related con?)

Great cosplay, but still, I feel like she has a lot to go. And her fame is sorta fading in my opinion.

I don't hate Jessica, she's just not my favorite and I wouldn't label her as a "cosplay queen". Same goes for Yaya Han, I wouldn't label her as the "queen of cosplay" either. (I used to like Yaya before she got uber famous. I'd say I liked her around the 2004-2008 era.) I prefer the cosplayers that were active around 2003-2008 era, and just cosplay casually nowadays.

I know I don't know Jessica personally, but I'm always hearing about these awful experiences my friends have had with her at con meet ups, not just something on the internet. I would like to meet her in person, but the line to see her, no effing way. And most of her fans are pretty creepy. I saw her at Comic Con last year, meeting with fans, and my god, most of the guys waiting in line are creepy.

Posted

anyone in the know about what she's referring to in her latest video? did her and ryan split up?

Posted

anyone in the know about what she's referring to in her latest video? did her and ryan split up?

I wanna know what you're talking about but I really can't sit through the video lol. I for some reason doubt they split up.

Posted

I highly doubt that. She needs her cosplaying husbando's cosplay sewing and crafting skills to continue climbing the cosplay social ladder.

Posted

You cannot go from the kind of pokemon cosplay, to making something like that, Yaya Han didnt go from Althena to Camilla in a day. Jnirgi did NOT make that, if you look at her bfs work, then anyone can see this. Infact I do think he taught her but I said this once and I'll say it again.... Her actions are going to damage her career and this cospaly was a perfect example of that. No body cares that she made this, shes not getting alot of talk, the prints did not sell out and she went back to posting sexy Harley Quiin cospalys telling people to buy the prints. When you gimmick with sexy poor crafted cosplays/ lies about making cosplys ppl are going to get sick of it, but when she does something like the Lady Death Wing, then people aren't going to believe you made it; and there's nothing for horny neck beards to look at so they won't buy into it. Its a double edged sword. It began like the beginning of this year but shes fading into obscurity.People are seeing thats shes not that cute and there are other way more talented, hotter girls that are ACTUALLY into the stuff. 

Also the more serious her relationship with Ryan gets, the closer she is to retiring. Notice how she used to be  platinum blonde wore low cut tops,  push up bras with cleavage make up contour to make her chest look massive, and hot chick make up, but now she barely shows any cleavge and is wearing ripped skinny jeans  and alternative make up. Her hair is now half shaven and its teal. She gets so invested in this dude that she completely changes her style to the kind of girls he normal goes for. Next thing you know she'll have a sleeve tat. She might as well retire, she hit her popularity peak a long time ago.... shes not going to get anymore attention like that again its over. 

Posted

can someone explain to me how did she get so famous? I mean, I hear about her terrible personality and her looks are nothing noteworthy...:|

Posted (edited)

can someone explain to me how did she get so famous? I mean, I hear about her terrible personality and her looks are nothing noteworthy...:|

Boobies :alpacacrush:

Edited by Heartless
added some love

Posted

Boobies :alpacacrush:

LOL. This. Basically. That and her fake nerd persona and overall "ZOMG I'M SO QUIRKY" attitude. TBH she's been getting overly spazzy and loud. Even more so than usual. It's reaching pewdiepie levels ...

Posted

Thank god I wasn't the only one who noticed. what do you guys think 7ZMMyAv.jpg

i

Posted

Thank god I wasn't the only one who noticed. what do you guys think 7ZMMyAv.jpg

i

It seems quite possible, unless she kept doing a consistent shoop of her nose but I think it may be indeed, a nose job