• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Nigri thread

6614 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe it's just me, but her face looks super stiff in these. Usually when she does "silly" faces she puts emotion into it, but it looks like she can barely make the expressions here.

20190922_201453.jpg

20190922_201341.jpg

For a hot minute, I thought this was Momokun not Jessica... But damn, she needs to loosen up and relax, it project better instead of her being stiff and trying so hard

Posted

she can't close her mouth now, to much lips injections :hurrplz:

70558807_157046785376974_535961588602390431_n_proc.jpg

Posted

Wow, She's starting to not look like herself anymore. 

Her mom aged gracefully. Jessica could have done so but she's ruining her face/lips/etc with all these procedures. 

Posted

Wow, She's starting to not look like herself anymore. 

Her mom aged gracefully. Jessica could have done so but she's ruining her face/lips/etc with all these procedures. 

honestly from old photos of her without makeup agin gracefully isnt something i think that would have hapoened for jessica. She always looked pretty rough without makeup and almost a decade older than her actual age. Its crazy to me that me and her are the same age yet im black with no wrinkles meanwhile without makeup she looks like she is pushing 40 at times.

i don't really get her appeal looks wise there are objectively plenty of white women in the codplay scene with prettier faces than her. I guess it her boobs. 

Posted

Lol!! :hurrplz:

haHahAha.jpg

Wow. No. Neither one of them looks good here. Terrible angle for both of them - neither one has any hips at all and it makes both look deflated. Additionally, terrible thongs for the glute shape. Thongs should have a curved cut around the top of the glutes to round them out. Shame on the photographer for:
Taking this at a straight-on angle instead of slightly upward (to catch the roundness of the glutes)
Allowing them to cover their waists with the coats so that it completely hides their shapes and their asses look like square blocks

Posted

honestly from old photos of her without makeup agin gracefully isnt something i think that would have hapoened for jessica. She always looked pretty rough without makeup and almost a decade older than her actual age. Its crazy to me that me and her are the same age yet im black with no wrinkles meanwhile without makeup she looks like she is pushing 40 at times.

i don't really get her appeal looks wise there are objectively plenty of white women in the codplay scene with prettier faces than her. I guess it her boobs. 

I think it's mainly the fact that she was the "first" sexy cosplayer. She kinda started the hype train 

Posted

It helped that she was at the very beginning of the cosplay hype.  Her fiance at the time, Vann, was a marketer and marketed the shit out of her facebook and social media.  And I suspect Vann also rigged the IGN Lollipop Chainsaw contest and that time (he was the lead marketer for that and she just so happened to win? lol)  IGN was also one of the biggest websites at that time.  It also helped that her friends were good friends with Dave Days (who was friends & business partners *running Maker networks* with Kassem G & Phillip Defranco at that time). They promoted the shit out of her.  It was definitely a luck thing and once you get the popularity...its hard to get it taken away.  She has the numbers from a long time ago but is rarely shared on social networks and theres other cosplayers who do better on patreon but because of the old numbers...it appears she still has the popularity

Posted

It helped that she was at the very beginning of the cosplay hype.  Her fiance at the time, Vann, was a marketer and marketed the shit out of her facebook and social media.  And I suspect Vann also rigged the IGN Lollipop Chainsaw contest and that time (he was the lead marketer for that and she just so happened to win? lol)  IGN was also one of the biggest websites at that time.  It also helped that her friends were good friends with Dave Days (who was friends & business partners *running Maker networks* with Kassem G & Phillip Defranco at that time). They promoted the shit out of her.  It was definitely a luck thing and once you get the popularity...its hard to get it taken away.  She has the numbers from a long time ago but is rarely shared on social networks and theres other cosplayers who do better on patreon but because of the old numbers...it appears she still has the popularity

NGL how you described it it doesnt sound like luck at all but that it was set up for her the whole time. Have a ex who was proficient in Marketing during a time of a big boom. Also it is normally agreed that it was Rigged for her contest due to her ex having a huge hand in it. Basically everything was given to her and she learned how to maintain it. I dont think she was lucky besides that Cosplay during that time was taking off HARD. It doesnt seem like she worked really hard at the start but when she found it to be beneficial she decided that it was best to take it seriously. So she did. 

Posted

For how much I heavily dislike Nigri, it doesn't feel fair to place conjectures on how she won the contest: yes, her ex had a hand in it but there were other people involved in the judging and whatever have you so it feels highly improbable that everyone would have shut up and took money or a bribe just to see a nobody win in lieu of someone having a hand in the contest.

Iirc and if I'm reading right from his LinkedIn profile, Vann worked only as an eSports Coverage and Social Media Manager during the timeframe Nigri became famous and while, yes the entire part of him micromanaging her medias to make her become famous through careful marketing is true, I don't think he had enough leverage to simply bribe everyone involved in deciding who Juliette was gonna be...

And, to be perfectly honest: she was already leaps above most of the contestants; some did not present themselves with a fitted costume (only one, as far as I'm seeing), some were completely off-type from the character and, at the end of the games, Nigri's Juliette was almost the only viable one. (Introductory Video)

39cba1777ee21e1c132fb5f7dadaef26.png

You can pick and pull all of them apart and Nigri still remains the "best" made of them all. In short, no, I think the contest was won because of her overall presence, a decent costume and decent props. Let's also remember that prior to his employ in Marketing and Social Media Management, Vann was only a Paypal employee. 

In any case, she scarcely deserved the fame that came after and she is slowly dwindling on time and patience to make her own pieces. She will slowly grow to be a being made 90% of plastic so that her following keeps up with the Patreon payments and so forth.

Posted

For how much I heavily dislike Nigri, it doesn't feel fair to place conjectures on how she won the contest: yes, her ex had a hand in it but there were other people involved in the judging and whatever have you so it feels highly improbable that everyone would have shut up and took money or a bribe just to see a nobody win in lieu of someone having a hand in the contest.

Iirc and if I'm reading right from his LinkedIn profile, Vann worked only as an eSports Coverage and Social Media Manager during the timeframe Nigri became famous and while, yes the entire part of him micromanaging her medias to make her become famous through careful marketing is true, I don't think he had enough leverage to simply bribe everyone involved in deciding who Juliette was gonna be...

And, to be perfectly honest: she was already leaps above most of the contestants; some did not present themselves with a fitted costume (only one, as far as I'm seeing), some were completely off-type from the character and, at the end of the games, Nigri's Juliette was almost the only viable one. (Introductory Video)

Hidden Content

You can pick and pull all of them apart and Nigri still remains the "best" made of them all. In short, no, I think the contest was won because of her overall presence, a decent costume and decent props. Let's also remember that prior to his employ in Marketing and Social Media Management, Vann was only a Paypal employee. 

In any case, she scarcely deserved the fame that came after and she is slowly dwindling on time and patience to make her own pieces. She will slowly grow to be a being made 90% of plastic so that her following keeps up with the Patreon payments and so forth.

However since Vann was working with Lollipop Chainsaw at that time.... I wonder how much of an advantage Jessica had?!? Was she informed earlier than other girls of the contest... did she get told to make the costume or given funds to do so... was she told more detail on what they wanted....Was she given more time with the employees of Lollipop Chainsaw/IGN.....etc...

I of course dont think she would have won if she walked in drunk wearing a trash bag..... She did good in the contest but you can't overlook the advantages that she probably had since her fiance was working for the company.  Most of the other chicks probably are actresses that were told of the contest the day of the audition.

Posted

However since Vann was working with Lollipop Chainsaw at that time.... I wonder how much of an advantage Jessica had?!? Was she informed earlier than other girls of the contest... did she get told to make the costume or given funds to do so... was she told more detail on what they wanted....Was she given more time with the employees of Lollipop Chainsaw/IGN.....etc...

I of course dont think she would have won if she walked in drunk wearing a trash bag..... She did good in the contest but you can't overlook the advantages that she probably had since her fiance was working for the company.  Most of the other chicks probably are actresses that were told of the contest the day of the audition.

I'd like some source on this, mostly because for the life of me I can't find anything: LolCow only has one message regarding Vann Childs and how he "collaborated" with Suda51 - but no proof of it), KiwiFarms has no actual discussion aside from the cheating scandal and, more importantly, googling him in any shape or form only results in a Twitter that hasn't seen any movement ever since 2017 and a FB page mostly privated... and his LinkedIn profile. Which bears no speech of ever working as a PR for Lollipop Chainsaw or being involved in any of it - you'd think someone would put it on their resume, though. I also cannot find any other hint of at him handling the PR for the event if not for your messages.

I can't overlook them, but since I can't find proof of them, for me these are speculations and I'd hate to stomp on something and get mad at it if there's no tangible proof. Because if it were true and people knew of this (like you and that one user), then there's reason to be mad a whole bunch. 

Posted

I'd like some source on this, mostly because for the life of me I can't find anything: LolCow only has one message regarding Vann Childs and how he "collaborated" with Suda51 - but no proof of it), KiwiFarms has no actual discussion aside from the cheating scandal and, more importantly, googling him in any shape or form only results in a Twitter that hasn't seen any movement ever since 2017 and a FB page mostly privated... and his LinkedIn profile. Which bears no speech of ever working as a PR for Lollipop Chainsaw or being involved in any of it - you'd think someone would put it on their resume, though. I also cannot find any other hint of at him handling the PR for the event if not for your messages.

I can't overlook them, but since I can't find proof of them, for me these are speculations and I'd hate to stomp on something and get mad at it if there's no tangible proof. Because if it were true and people knew of this (like you and that one user), then there's reason to be mad a whole bunch. 

He used to have a resume up on a site about working for Lollipop Chainsaw. He said he was the social media marketing manager and lead the contest with IGN. He also mentioned he traveled and worked with their promotion team at conventions. I can't find his site/resume anymore unfortunately. I wish I would have kept a screen shot.  On his resume, he also mentioned working as Jessica Nigri's marketing manager. If anyone remembers where this resume was uploaded...please let me know. I can probably get a cached version of it.

The closest I can find anymore is his resume here.... https://www.wayup.com/profile/Vann-Childs-973a399ae7/

He does mention working for Lollipop Chainsaw and working for Jessica here.  The other resume site was much more in depth on what he did but here's what he says about Jess on this site:  He says he...

• Worked closely with cosplay talent, Jessica Nigri, to develop her brand and social media presence in the industry. • Handled schedule and travel logistics, arranged promotional events and developed prop and costume concepts. • Advanced Miss Nigri’s Facebook fan base from 5.0K to 2.7M, making her a top ranked cosplayer in the world. 

vann.thumb.png.fd80741b46d1193bf5f3dcc82vann2.thumb.png.bf0bcdbf2a0f296dfc0c6758

Posted

I like my tea with biscuits, thanks, yay! I apologize if I sound suspicious or off about asking for proof, but if the claims are true, then her entire stepping stone would be corrupted to the very core. And it doesn't reflect well on IGN in any way shape or form - despite being the butt of the joke nowadays.

Without going too much in the realm of whether she had her ex-fiancé buy a ticket to cosfame, I do believe she had an unfair advantage at large: Vann has literally made her fanbase jump from a couple K's followers to millions and even without 'handling' the contest, a good PR and a good presentation for her would have done the trick, to be fairly honest. A lot of the girls that presented themselves did not seem to have a "team" behind them, while Jessica had a one-man-army doing the job. Sell 'the product' well like he did on Instagram? There we go. IIRC there was the rumor that he was the one to suggest the Pikachu cosplay too. So the guy knew what to do.

He seems to have largely disappeared from every social media on hand at the moment but I can't guess what would have made him sweep under the carpet such information. It's weird at the very least and maybe tied with how tea about her was being spilled all over in recent years. 

Posted

I like my tea with biscuits, thanks, yay! I apologize if I sound suspicious or off about asking for proof, but if the claims are true, then her entire stepping stone would be corrupted to the very core. And it doesn't reflect well on IGN in any way shape or form - despite being the butt of the joke nowadays.

Without going too much in the realm of whether she had her ex-fiancé buy a ticket to cosfame, I do believe she had an unfair advantage at large: Vann has literally made her fanbase jump from a couple K's followers to millions and even without 'handling' the contest, a good PR and a good presentation for her would have done the trick, to be fairly honest. A lot of the girls that presented themselves did not seem to have a "team" behind them, while Jessica had a one-man-army doing the job. Sell 'the product' well like he did on Instagram? There we go. IIRC there was the rumor that he was the one to suggest the Pikachu cosplay too. So the guy knew what to do.

He seems to have largely disappeared from every social media on hand at the moment but I can't guess what would have made him sweep under the carpet such information. It's weird at the very least and maybe tied with how tea about her was being spilled all over in recent years. 

Oh no, I totally understand wanting proof. I'm happy to post the stuff I find.

Jessicas lucky that Vann seems to be a decent guy and isn't publicly calling her out (other than his joke post about how he's gonna become a cosplayer and get a boob job too lol). He definitely seems to have been a huge reason why she had success in the first place and at least he's taking credit for it in his resumes...lol...I love how he also mentioned he helped her with prop/costume concepts (aka coming up with her famous Pikachu)  I think he'd have a big backlash in his job industry if he ever flat out told everyone he rigged the Lollipop Chainsaw contest for his fiance at the time. It might even have a worse impact on his life than Jessica's nowadays. I dont think most people even realize how she became popular.

Posted

If we count the following she still has and that still puckers up for every lie she has spun over the years? He would definitely be the one to lose everything. Which is a damn shame.