• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Nigri thread

6540 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll admit, I've done a few WCW on Instagram ^^; But more towards cosplayers (and youtubers) that barely get any recognition and are a thousand times more talented than JNig.

Oh I didn't mean to bash any one who posts those D: Its totally fine to do so, I just personally don't get it.

Posted

@22:55:45 lel

Jessica? Focused? Disciplined? Those are the last words I'd use to describe her.

Posted

Jessica? Focused? Disciplined? Those are the last words I'd use to describe her.

She's focused on the discipline of getting people to do everything for her.

Posted

She's focused on the discipline of getting people to do everything for her.

LOL ain't that the truth though? xD Speaking of getting people to do everything for her because we know she has no talented cell in her body, her latest cosplay was posted earlier this morning. It looks pretty good tbh but I wonder what little of its inception were made by her hands. She claims her and her bf made their cosplays for Blizzcon in like 2 weeks. Sounds like she's gloating, and is that timeframe even true?

FB_IMG_1446882283029.thumb.jpg.136dadedb

Posted

LOL ain't that the truth though? xD Speaking of getting people to do everything for her because we know she has no talented cell in her body, her latest cosplay was posted earlier this morning. It looks pretty good tbh but I wonder what little of its inception were made by her hands. She claims her and her bf made their cosplays for Blizzcon in like 2 weeks. Sounds like she's gloating, and is that timeframe even true?

I guess if she's not doing anything else in her life, then it's possible(?). Looks pretty good, but I keep thinking her boyfriend did most of the work.

Oh and look, same side bangs wig. O.o but eh, armor looks cool, but at the same time, I don't really care.

Posted

Wouldn't this take longer than 2 weeks?
I mean that much detail would take some time, especially if the person did both costumes...

Posted

She claims she did the work but we know she's made the same claims in the past and we found out those were lies.  She originally said she'd be documenting the whole process on snapchat. She ended up posting NO pictures. Not even one.

Isn't it also strange that she never made cosplay of this quality  in the past until she got a boyfriend that is actually a good cosplayer. Either he taught her some stuff or....he probably made most of it. Sadly he won't ever admit to it until they break up. 

Posted (edited)

Making a costume in 2 weeks is possible if you focus on it, spend some nights working on your project instead of sleeping. Since it's probably made out of worbla, I'd believe it if she would tell me she made it in 2 weeks, since worbla is easy to work with and don't need any extreme talents in general ( seriously ! It's a matter of overlapping pieces and shaping them ). Now did she have some help ? Probably, even I'd say that she had some for sure, and I'd say that she didn't do the paint job ( if you look at the shading done and all that, it's a lot better than her actual painting skills ).

I'd say that she probably made if with some help. I worked with worbla myself and it's super easy, making patterns, cut them in foam, and then worbla, shaping, done. Everyone can seriously work with that, even Nigri, I promise lol

We can still see the classical boob popping she has in her costume, but at least the focus isn't on them this time since the colors and the details keep your eyes away from her rack. The kind of jaw she has was probably super annoying tho :douge:

@goaniie : I guess she makes more elaborated cosplays since she's with her current boyfriend because she wouldn't have as much attention as he has if she would still make her skimpy cosplays. He makes some REALLY nice stuff and I'm sure that people tends to talk to him a lot more than to her since they want to know his techniques, what he used to make it, etc. We all know Jnigs wants attention so if she would keep the same style in cosplay, people wouldn't be interested by her, so that's probably why she's making more elaborated stuff now, but that's my opinion and I'm saying that by personal experience, maybe her reasons are different than that ^^

Edited by Ermac
wanted to add a message

Posted

Oh man, if I ever see them at a con next year, I think I'll try to ask her boyfriend about cosplay armor advice. Most of his works do look incredible.

Posted

Actually Ryan is an amazing propmaker! His armors and props are awesome so there's no doubt that Jessica got help from him.

Posted

It's. About. Damn. Time.

She finally uploaded the video she promised she would showing how her most recent costume was made. It was mostly voice over of her explaining the process. I wish there was a little more time lapsed footage of her actually working on it. Mostly what I was thinking the whole time was shes annoying as fuuuck. She simply can't speak in normal sentences without having to add weird sounds and screeches to the end of them. Like "hey guys, so I used this material to get this result and yeah SCREEEEEEECHAAAAAARGGGBAAAAAHHIMSOQUIRKY" 

Posted

It's. About. Damn. Time.

She finally uploaded the video she promised she would showing how her most recent costume was made. It was mostly voice over of her explaining the process. I wish there was a little more time lapsed footage of her actually working on it. Mostly what I was thinking the whole time was shes annoying as fuuuck. She simply can't speak in normal sentences without having to add weird sounds and screeches to the end of them. Like "hey guys, so I used this material to get this result and yeah SCREEEEEEECHAAAAAARGGGBAAAAAHHIMSOQUIRKY" 

Woooow it does look messy in the close-up but that's a really good job she did, good thing that she has enough money to buy worbla, black worbla and tons of eva foam @[email protected] I'm from Mexico and eva foam is expensive, worbla costs a fortune and black worbla is like a dream... you can only use it in your dreams. xD 
She makes it look super easy!!!! I really hope she makes more stuff like this, she has the materials and an excellent propmaker helping her so i hope that she actually becomes better with time, regarding what Ermac said, well i've only worked with craft foam and it's a pain in the butt because if you want a thick piece of anything, you have to glue a lot of layers together but i guess that using eva foam and worbla must be really easy.
OT: I made a couple of claws for my latest crossplay [Him from PPG] and used a total of 12 layers of foam for each claw [for both the big and small part] and it took me like 4 days because i covered them with skinlike fabric and it was a lot of work... Jessica having all those materials could have done the exact same thing (but using worbla instead of fabric) in a couple of hours.

Posted

It's. About. Damn. Time.

Thank you for saving me 13 mins of my life.

Posted (edited)

@SirMarty No problem friend! I must admit that even I didn't watch the full thing. I watched the first few minutes and then started skipping around. 

I'm glad she did this but I'm still skeptical. Seems like she DID have some help. If I remember correctly she EXPLAINS everything that was done, but we don't actually SEE her doing all of those things. We see her doing a few things like shaping the material with a sander and gluing stuff. There was a lot of footage of her just showing the material and explaining what was done to it/what it was used for/how it was used.

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

@SirMarty No problem friend! I must admit that even I didn't watch the full thing. I watched the first few minutes and then started skipping around. 

I'm glad she did this but I'm still skeptical. Seems like she DID have some help. If I remember correctly she EXPLAINS everything that was done, but we don't actually SEE her doing all of those things. We see her doing a few things like shaping the material with a sander and gluing stuff. There was a lot of footage of her just showing the material and explaining what was done to it/what it was used for/how it was used.

She only half-assed it to try and made it look like she did it.
I mean, sure she may have done some of it but until I see actual proof of her doing it all herself, I don't believe it.