• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone! 

I would like to talk about Coolsculpting.

Coolsculpting is a non invasive method of fat "removal" in trouble or stubborn areas that resist exercise and proper diet(s). 

(You can find out more about it here: https://www.coolsculpting.com/)

It has been getting a lot of popularity and I feel pretty confident a lot of potential snowflakes or online personalities have probably done it publicly or secretly. It hasn't really been mentioned or talked about here and I am curious as to what you guys think about it and if any of you guys have done it and actually have seen results either from yourself a colleague, family member, friend etc. If you feel comfortable, please do share before & after pictures! ^_^

Posted

What a lot of doctors won't tell you about Coolsculpting is that it is actually a complete waste of money. My mother had it done, and my fiance who works in the medical field says a lot of his bariatric patients get it done as well. In both instances (my mom and my fiance's patients) they never got the results they were looking for, and that it was a waste of money. Coolsculpting claims its supposed to shave a few inches off of your waistline, but in reality, all it does is freeze the fat in your stomach, which causes it to become really hard. My mom did not see a difference at all with her shape. The doctors are touting it as if it is supposed to be an alternative to liposuction, but the reality is it doesn't work. I remember speaking with my mom's plastic surgeon to get his opinion on how he felt with Coolscuplting. He said he has had multiple patients who have gotten the Coolsculpting done before they had lipo, and he told me (I'm about to get pretty graphic) that when you go in to remove the fat with the canula, its next to impossible because the fat cells have become so hard, you actually have to chisel it out before you could make any real progress on the patient. It's almost like an ice block.

So yeah, I would definitely avoid it at all costs. This isn't the first time I have heard a story like that either. The only thing that really works to reduce fat is lipo unfortunately :alpacadone:.

Posted

What a lot of doctors won't tell you about Coolsculpting is that it is actually a complete waste of money. My mother had it done, and my fiance who works in the medical field says a lot of his bariatric patients get it done as well. In both instances (my mom and my fiance's patients) they never got the results they were looking for, and that it was a waste of money. Coolsculpting claims its supposed to shave a few inches off of your waistline, but in reality, all it does is freeze the fat in your stomach, which causes it to become really hard. My mom did not see a difference at all with her shape. The doctors are touting it as if it is supposed to be an alternative to liposuction, but the reality is it doesn't work. I remember speaking with my mom's plastic surgeon to get his opinion on how he felt with Coolscuplting. He said he has had multiple patients who have gotten the Coolsculpting done before they had lipo, and he told me (I'm about to get pretty graphic) that when you go in to remove the fat with the canula, its next to impossible because the fat cells have become so hard, you actually have to chisel it out before you could make any real progress on the patient. It's almost like an ice block.

So yeah, I would definitely avoid it at all costs. This isn't the first time I have heard a story like that either. The only thing that really works to reduce fat is lipo unfortunately :alpacadone:.

good to know I was looking to “quickly” loose some stubborn weight for my wedding. I was thinking of trying coolsculpting out to help my problem areas when it got closer to the date, but after hearing this I would rather hold onto my money. 

Posted

i'd love to get rid of the fat on my stomach and thighs specifically since i find it to be pesky and i will have inclination towards cellulite buildup even if i continue to stay skinny and don't exercise enough, even when i was at my most fit i had jiggle... i really can't afford it and it'll probably come back if i am not cohesive enough to maintain my body (facing it, i probably won't be)

i'd rather not do it if i don't have to, it seems like an easy way out, but i can't afford it nor do i think itll last