• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2186 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I'm bothered by her reaching 3million, and I found why. Her subscriber count has jumped significantly since April of this year. In the most unnatural way (no viral content, nothing imaginative on her channel). 

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/wwwengie/monthly

Just...I'm curious as to whether she's bought a lot of subscribers.Or did something happen? I want to know. It's all so suss. 

I even did a comparison with two other Youtubers (Sallyjo, a NZer who's quite sweet, and Pony because if there's one person who doesn't need to buy subscribers, it's her) to show just how suspicious it is.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/compare/wwwengie/sallyjo/ponymakeup

Sorry if this has been discussed before! I don't remember it but I may have missed it in my mass reading of the thread. 

mmmmh I don't think she's the type to buy subscribers she's not dumb and knows how to sell herself afterall, PLUS she has the HUGE giveaways with the macbook and ipads and shit she does regularly so most people keep subscribed idk...

Posted

mmmmh I don't think she's the type to buy subscribers she's not dumb and knows how to sell herself afterall, PLUS she has the HUGE giveaways with the macbook and ipads and shit she does regularly so most people keep subscribed idk...

if she has enough money to buy and give away MacBooks, it's not farfetched that she would buy subs

Posted (edited)

^ agree with @anon2016. Most female YouTubers who make those types of videos grow big very quickly and rather abnormally because of it.

After doing a lot of research, I've discovered some foolproof ways to gain subs fast on YouTube:

1. Make videos about Life Hacks, Excessive and Repetitive Routines, How Girls Do This and That, Girls vs. Guys, Etc.
  2. Turn up your video's saturation and vibrance to 200%
  3. Use 1 minute intro with shots of you making "cute" poses, tacky transitions and loud overused background music
  4. Make sure you've drunk at least 3 cups of coffees before filming so you can appear more hyper and obnoxious during your talking part
  5. Don't forget to state that you are "weird" and "random" every few sentence.
  6. Remind people to give your videos a billion likes because goaaallllssss yasss
  7. Giveaways, giveaways AND MOAR GIVEAWAYS!!1!

this is sadly true but it's getting tiring.the moment i realise the youtuber is like that im like "lmao im outta heree~"

i've come to appreciate calmer youtubers who don't do these things bc even though they may not have the most original content out there at least they don't follow this formula

i wanna see what trend wengie will follow when some of these trends start to die out(i HOPE they do)

Edited by Iiris

Posted

She definitely is the type to buy subs and followers. I know for a fact that she did buy youtube subs and instagram followers at least at the start of her career. I guess her spamming the shit out of other people's blogs and her boring ass monotone personality wasn't appealing to enough people.

Also, if you look through other forums, people have mentioned that she pays for views too (as they have been paid to view her content).

It's so disgusting that she's such a cheat but hey, girl gotta get views to pay off a life time supply of plastic surgery and fillers after all. Once you start down this path there's no turning back. 

Posted (edited)

So, I'm bothered by her reaching 3million, and I found why. Her subscriber count has jumped significantly since April of this year. In the most unnatural way (no viral content, nothing imaginative on her channel). 

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/wwwengie/monthly

Just...I'm curious as to whether she's bought a lot of subscribers.Or did something happen? I want to know. It's all so suss. 

I even did a comparison with two other Youtubers (Sallyjo, a NZer who's quite sweet, and Pony because if there's one person who doesn't need to buy subscribers, it's her) to show just how suspicious it is.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/compare/wwwengie/sallyjo/ponymakeup

Sorry if this has been discussed before! I don't remember it but I may have missed it in my mass reading of the thread. 

I am almost positive that its due to her click baitty hack videos she has been doing lately. Her thumbnails call for viewers (overly saturated, colorful, bold titles etc.) so some of them made it to the recommendation list so she gained alot of exposure.

If she really brought her subs the views would have stayed like before(even though you can also buy your views but its highly unlikely that she did so). And again why would she buy 2mil subs when she was a pretty huge youtuber before

Edited by zakka

Posted

I stand corrected then e.e I thought she was smarter hah....:alpacadone:

Posted

This sounds weird but I'm pretty sure the reason why she gets so many views is her hair, because it's so "tumblr pastel aesthetic". Her hair hacks video has like 6 million views. 

Posted

This sounds weird but I'm pretty sure the reason why she gets so many views is her hair, because it's so "tumblr pastel aesthetic". Her hair hacks video has like 6 million views. 

Whats ironic about that is that she doesn't even know how to take care of of her own hair. Its super dried and fried, but she likes to Photoshop it on Instagram to make it look nice. :alpacabored:

Posted (edited)

These are all excellent points, thank you so much!

I suppose, as someone closer to Wengie's age than her viewers, it's mind-boggling to me that someone can get so many views and subs simply for clickbait and 'tumblr pastel aesthetic'. Surely it'd be better to think long-term and try to appeal to older audiences in order to grow as a brand that can function outside of Youtube, right? Or is that wishful thinking?

^ agree with @anon2016. Most female YouTubers who make those types of videos grow big very quickly and rather abnormally because of it.

After doing a lot of research, I've discovered some foolproof ways to gain subs fast on YouTube:

1. Make videos about Life Hacks, Excessive and Repetitive Routines, How Girls Do This and That, Girls vs. Guys, Etc.
  2. Turn up your video's saturation and vibrance to 200%
  3. Use 1 minute intro with shots of you making "cute" poses, tacky transitions and loud overused background music
  4. Make sure you've drunk at least 3 cups of coffees before filming so you can appear more hyper and obnoxious during your talking part
  5. Don't forget to state that you are "weird" and "random" every few sentence.
  6. Remind people to give your videos a billion likes because goaaallllssss yasss
  7. Giveaways, giveaways AND MOAR GIVEAWAYS!!1!

This makes a lot of sense, thank you! It's all very headache inducing. 

Edited by importantfurnace
wording

Posted (edited)

hands under chin AGAIN

helium voice... kind of creepy

at least her deer look was ok (was it a deer in the intro?) 

but yeah it's a pretty long video... 

Edited by trixchia

Posted

hands under chin AGAIN

helium voice... kind of creepy

at least her deer look was ok (was it a deer in the intro?) 

but yeah it's a pretty long video... 

Goddamn it I was just about to post it ahahah. The helium voice was scary i couldn't make it past the 30 second mark

Posted

Isnt helium dangerous for your brain yet she keeps on inhaling to it once her voice comes back to normal wtf

Ohmygod another harleyquinn 

Posted (edited)

Isnt helium dangerous for your brain yet she keeps on inhaling to it once her voice comes back to normal wtf

I don't know about its effects on your brain but I think it's bad for your respiratory system. but most people don't care especially on YT. it's funny and potentially dangerous(things ppl want to watch) and suddenly people want to mimic it. I myself have tried it but yeah I kept in mind it's effects and made me stop after one full inhale. 

ppl in the comments kept saying everyone's gonna be harley. i mean sure it may be a popular costume but EVERYONE? literally wengie showed a few other looks in the video. hence it being a long one but nothing came through to her audience. wtf?

Edited by trixchia

Posted (edited)

Yeah it's... not a very good one at that... If you want a really good SS Harley Quinn makeup tutorial though, Klairedelys Art's Anti-Sexy Harley Quinn is the best I've seen.  It's the messiest look out of them all, she uses fake tears and adds electricity burns and bruises to the look. She's a professional make up artist, and it shows. (Link is in the... bar below. I wasn't sure how it was gonna show up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbeVo--mgyM

Though, at least it's not just a Harley Quinn video. I'm not saying her Katana and Enchantress looks were great, they're kinda... meh. The entire video was on the shitty side of average. Like, Nigri did a better pokèmon go look than she did...  She really seems like she's desperate for views. 

Edited by I V vi IV