• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2188 posts in this topic

Posted

talking about lazy

omg you guys... my mind's in the gutter. look at that thumbnail. tell me that doesn't look  sexual at all...

guess who jumped the vegan train-- or at least getting to vegans' good side.

you know what i don't like? when she showed the winners of the fucking macbooks it was so quick... I actually had to pause you know...

Posted

Is it me or the colors are too bright and hurts my eye??

Posted

In her lazy life hacks video, she joked about eating her cat like wow I didn't think she would stoop that low to enforce Asian stereotypes -_-

Posted

omg you guys... my mind's in the gutter. look at that thumbnail. tell me that doesn't look  sexual at all...

you know what i don't like? when she showed the winners of the fucking macbooks it was so quick... I actually had to pause you know...

Lol not white-knighting anyone, but i don't really see how the thumbnail is sexual...

And, surprisingly, the pause button exists for a reason...

Posted

She might be able to afford lash extensions but she hardly maintains them

just look at this straight from her video thumbnail!

Screen_Shot_2016-09-25_at_2.21.35_AM.thu

Her right eye (our left) she has lashes literally falling off. Lazy to the extreme! Wouldn't be surprised though she doesn't do giveaways because shes selling the freebie products to sustain her fancy lifestyle.

Since she lives in an apartment, highly doubtful she has enough room to horde makeup and she doesn't look like she has enough friends to give freebies to either...

Yeah, they're jacked as fuck. They look like russian volume lashes, which do take a bit of maintenance over regular extensions (speaking from experience). And she definitely won't be maintaining them if she's using so much makeup on her eyes still. So many beauty gurus (iamkareno comes to mind) don't seem to realise that you don't need falsies or mascara on your extensions. To each their own, I suppose...

is it me or are the colours more vibrant than usual?that colouring also makes her skin look weird.and well the whole video

and that character she adds is kinda creepy at times.i bet she will keep it for the "quirk" factor

also a couple of those weren't even hacks.i realise it was a joke but still

The whole lightening was way off. Heavy on the brightness and contrast. Greaaaaaaaaat editing /s. Joke or not, what's the fucking point of these videos? Especially the whole 'meal in a mug' that's all over the internet. "Marinara sauce", it's napolitana ffs. What is this, Buzzfeed for children? Get a bowl for your chips, wash a goddamn plate, stop with the hacks.

Posted

Lol not white-knighting anyone, but i don't really see how the thumbnail is sexual...

And, surprisingly, the pause button exists for a reason...

Posted

Well.. I just think the arrow is a bit weirdly/unfortunate placed.. that's it tho lol

Posted

That doesn't look sexual at all. You're placing a completely innocuous picture into sexual context for no reason lol

It just seems like you're trying too hard to find something to complain about lol

Posted (edited)

wth guys ..what happened to her channel?? I stopped watching her around the time that she got that ugly blue and pink ombre on her hair but I went back today to see that:

- she suddenly reached 3 mil subs and her videos have gotten tacky as hell. I didn't like her to begin with but know its a whole other level. Plus I realized how her voice became super high and fake like those beauty gurus bullshit.

I am baffled ...

-Another thing I have been thinking for a while her vlogging channel might probably be the worst one on youtube

breakfast in a hipster cafe  (THE CAFE LATE EVERY DAMN TIME)+HER CAT that no one cares to see+her boyfriend +oh and netflix

-Also anyone too finds it weird how she doesn't have any top comments. I bet she deletes them 

Some more came to me while reading here: th fact that we dont need to forget that wengie is an entrepreneur to begin with! For the people who have been following her since the uzzlang phase remember how she started hard with all the equipment and the good quality intros. Also remember how before youtube she at multiple time appeared in the medias for random shows. She from the beginning was looking for that fame, she follows the crowd with motive: fame and money from my perspective. Since we never saw her genuine side never ever. She is just a social media puppet

Crazy how someone can change so fast, she went from reviewing lenses to doing cliche hacks videos that have been seen over and over again everywhere on youtube. 

Edited by zakka

Posted

I've been following her for sooo long before and I genuinely enjoyed watching it, It didn't once came to my mind her face was not natural until I found about this forum but I still watched all her videos and kind of supported her until now

but wtf happened ?? like I was maybe blind but now it's just so cringy and why is her voice so high-pitched suddenly ? and why does she speek so quickly ? also her content is nothing she has invented herself but stupid hacks you can find all over pinterest/instagram. And now on top of that she reached 3 millions subscribers and I'm afraid it'll just sound as an inducement for her. I don't usually unsubscribe but there was no other issue to this problem

Posted

I've been following her for sooo long before and I genuinely enjoyed watching it, It didn't once came to my mind her face was not natural until I found about this forum but I still watched all her videos and kind of supported her until now

but wtf happened ?? like I was maybe blind but now it's just so cringy and why is her voice so high-pitched suddenly ? and why does she speek so quickly ? also her content is nothing she has invented herself but stupid hacks you can find all over pinterest/instagram. And now on top of that she reached 3 millions subscribers and I'm afraid it'll just sound as an inducement for her. I don't usually unsubscribe but there was no other issue to this problem

I always wondered if she had plastic surgery besides her aegyo sal, she always looked a bit odd to me (mainly her cheeks). I found her alright and looked at her videos about dying Asian hair since I'm interested in doing mine.

She seems to speak a bit slow imo, a bit of a drawl. A friend of mine told me my voice has a bit of a drawl to it as well, but it could be because I speak Cantonese like Wengie. These threads opened my eyes on some Youtubers I followed.

Posted

@petty

omg you guys... my mind's in the gutter. look at that thumbnail. tell me that doesn't look  sexual at all...

That doesn't look sexual at all. You're placing a completely innocuous picture into sexual context for no reason lol

I bolded "my mind's in the gutter" because it really is usually that means something is seen as sexual in my mind but others do not see it

you know what i don't like? when she showed the winners of the fucking macbooks it was so quick... I actually had to pause you know...

It just seems like you're trying too hard to find something to complain about lol

again, I bolded "I had to pause" because I really had to pause. you saying there's a pause button seems like an afterthought because I ACTUALLY HAD TO PAUSE. which means I know where and why there's a pause button. 

Posted

@trixchia pls stop derailing the thread, you literally wrote "tell me that doesn't look sexual" so @Petty did lmao 

lets not argue any further pleaaaaaseee :darth: 

Posted

So, I'm bothered by her reaching 3million, and I found why. Her subscriber count has jumped significantly since April of this year. In the most unnatural way (no viral content, nothing imaginative on her channel). 

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/wwwengie/monthly

Just...I'm curious as to whether she's bought a lot of subscribers.Or did something happen? I want to know. It's all so suss. 

I even did a comparison with two other Youtubers (Sallyjo, a NZer who's quite sweet, and Pony because if there's one person who doesn't need to buy subscribers, it's her) to show just how suspicious it is.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/compare/wwwengie/sallyjo/ponymakeup

Sorry if this has been discussed before! I don't remember it but I may have missed it in my mass reading of the thread. 

Posted

It's because she changed her content to suit the interests of her 12vie viewers. She probs did the first DIY/hack vid for fun and then noticed the drastic increase in views and since then has kept the hack vids going