• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

2050 posts in this topic

Posted

I honestly think age shouldn't matter when it comes to music. 

It's probably due to copyright that's why she uses remixes of songs but they are so annoying and high pitched majority of the time. it's better just to leave it out altogether imo

Posted

I don't understand how she manage to skyrocket from 80k (in 2013) to almost 3mil now. Perhaps she just threw all the content under the bus and tried to the Asian Zoella.

Posted

edible school supplies.. wengie should make an edible office supplies video. oh but that wouldn't work for 14 y/o who most of them don't work... 

Posted

Lmao when i saw this i thought of that youtuber glitterforever17 who makes edible this and that and i was like ugh no

Btw there was a huge difference between the serious characters and the dorky one she was acting out.she was trying way too hard being quirky with the dorky character it was very annoying.that teacher character she was doing seemed like what a usual 30 year old woman is acting like in contrast to how she acts in general

Also she finally gave an actual shoutout to max's channel in her video and added it in the list of channels with her vlog one

/i wonder if this is coincidence or not though:hmm:/

Posted

This forum is quite interesting. While many things that go on here are a bit strange and far reaching to me I think it is good that there is a fairly uncensored place to talk about public personas, outside of their often monitored comment sections.

Wengie used to be quite articulate and calm in how she presented herself and her views however these days she has raised her voice about two octaves, switched her calmer composure for hysteria, dropped all her eloquence and reduced her vocabulary to "like" "awesome" and all the empty and cringe worthy expressions that are "in" with teenagers these days ("the struggle is real guys!") and so on. It is like her mental age dropped from late twenties to 12 in two minutes..

But honestly, the thing that disturbs me about this is not that a 30 year old woman acts and talks like an annoying 12 year old. I am a few years younger than Wengie and I know that there are certainly people like that, who for some reason genuinely posses the general behavior and speech levels of teenagers, well into their late 20s or early 30s, because that is their personality. It is annoying, but it is genuine. While people like that certainly may annoy me, the thing that really annoys me about Wengie is that this is not who she is and it is not a natural change in personality that happened over a period of time (we all certainly do change over time, and there is nothing disingenuous about changing or evolving over time). This is not that, and we all know that, because we've seen the drastic (almost over night) change. She went from eloquent to 12 year old in half an hour.

This is also not the first time. She went from ulzzang aegyo machine (when that was in) to more mature and plain (resembling the sort of video style that Etude House did on their channel, and many other Korean beauty channels), then she went on the Kylie Jenner American style bandwagon and now to the tumblresque-unicorn-12-year-old (I probably missed some stages too). Not only did her style change and adapt drastically with the current trends (which never last long, but which I can somewhat understand since she is a beauty related channel, and she seems to have no actual personal style of her own but rather always follows the current trends) but her entire persona changed, which is what is not reasonable to expect. It is not rational to think a persons entire persona would change that fast, over such an immensely short period of time. The only way that happens is if someone puts on an act and forcibly changes their entire vocabulary and behavior. It is not a natural development over time, your vocabulary is so deeply ingrained that it takes actual effort to change the way you speak fast. It is simply an act. That is the only logical explanation. 

If she were to constantly hang out with teenagers who act like this, I would say it would be reasonable that she picked up their behavioral and linguistic traits in time, but we all know that is not the case. That would require that she changed her entire social circle every time her persona changed, and through her daily vlogs she's been very open about her social circle. There are no unicorns in her social circle... She must simply have realized what is trendy these days among this specific demographic and adapted her persona entirely according to that. It is disingenuous and deceitful and entirely a marketing trick to reach a larger audience. That is the only logical and reasonable explanation for her sudden "transformation".  It is absolutely her right to do so (and it is clever), but it is not our obligation to like or support it, and we are free to criticize it if we want to. She is deceiving her "family" by not being herself, all the while pretending to be genuine and that is what is disturbing to me.

You are a very observant and articulate individual who has expressed most i not all of the thoughts i have/had of Wengie. I give you a thumbs up. Thank you.

Posted

In my opinion, she looks so much better before aher "beauty guru" days really took off.

Look at her in the DDR video. Her hair covers a lot of her face, so she may feel some level of insecurity, but she is obviously not unattractive. If she hadn't followed the path she chose with surgery and over the top "lifestyle" choices, imagine how much more genuine she would be.

I say genuine because to me she comes across as ingenuine most of the time. She admits to being a shy and socially awkward person, and I'm sure many can relate (I 100% can). Otherwise, she seems to be living a life meant for someone else. Perhaps the person she wanted to be- and unfortunately the person she wants to be isn't realistic, heartfelt, and lacks substance. 

Invest in your true self, not a false projection. 

Posted

In my opinion, she looks so much better before aher "beauty guru" days really took off.

Look at her in the DDR video. Her hair covers a lot of her face, so she may feel some level of insecurity, but she is obviously not unattractive. If she hadn't followed the path she chose with surgery and over the top "lifestyle" choices, imagine how much more genuine she would be.

I say genuine because to me she comes across as ingenuine most of the time. She admits to being a shy and socially awkward person, and I'm sure many can relate (I 100% can). Otherwise, she seems to be living a life meant for someone else. Perhaps the person she wanted to be- and unfortunately the person she wants to be isn't realistic, heartfelt, and lacks substance. 

Invest in your true self, not a false projection. 

I know... I'm not even mad at the nose procedure she got in the DDR video because she looked better there, healthier too. i'm not skinny shaming but imo she looks better with more meat on her bones. but after that maybe she saw that a little tweak helped her face  a lot so she went and got more and more and more and more. she got addicted and now i don't think she can go back to her prettier face. so... 

Posted

I know... I'm not even mad at the nose procedure she got in the DDR video because she looked better there, healthier too. i'm not skinny shaming but imo she looks better with more meat on her bones. but after that maybe she saw that a little tweak helped her face  a lot so she went and got more and more and more and more. she got addicted and now i don't think she can go back to her prettier face. so... 

na dude, once u have 1 procedure done, your mind fucks u over and u just wanna perfect everything cos "u might as well since u already got something done now anyway".

Unfortunately, that's the way the human brain works.. why u think there are so many people including the famous with fucked up faces.. She's just gonna continue and her face is just gonna be a playground for surgeons like Park Bommie :(

Posted

na dude, once u have 1 procedure done, your mind fucks u over and u just wanna perfect everything cos "u might as well since u already got something done now anyway".

Unfortunately, that's the way the human brain works.. why u think there are so many people including the famous with fucked up faces.. She's just gonna continue and her face is just gonna be a playground for surgeons like Park Bommie :(

she got addicted and now i don't think she can go back to her prettier face. so... *shrugs*

Posted

I thought she was quitting the fucking vlogs... also what's up with the filter(it softens and blurs) on her vlogs. has it always been there?

why does she keep on putting her fingers behind her chin. like gurl that is not flattering. 

Posted

I thought she was quitting the fucking vlogs... also what's up with the filter(it softens and blurs) on her vlogs. has it always been there?

why does she keep on putting her fingers behind her chin. like gurl that is not flattering. 

she said she would be quitting daily vlogging and that she would make like a couple of them a week or something i dont remember well

that thing with the fingers under the chin bothers me too ugh:alpacadone:

Posted

Was looking through her recent IG posts. Since joining PULL, I've really been noticing her jaw and Photoshopping. 

In the first picture, you can see that she's hiding her jaw with her hair. 

In the second, there has been obvious smoothing, not only to the facial surface, but of her jawline as well.

In the third picture, she has no jawline and a go-go-gadget extendo chin. 

A short post, but I wanted to contribute. 

Afterthought- she really needs to cut back on the saturation and exposure of her pictures and videos. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Posted

Was looking through her recent IG posts. Since joining PULL, I've really been noticing her jaw and Photoshopping. 

In the first picture, you can see that she's hiding her jaw with her hair. 

In the second, there has been obvious smoothing, not only to the facial surface, but of her jawline as well.

In the third picture, she has no jawline and a go-go-gadget extendo chin. 

A short post, but I wanted to contribute. 

Afterthought- she really needs to cut back on the saturation and exposure of her pictures and videos. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

her photoshop skills are horrendous. She elongates her face TOO much.

Posted

image.png

legit horrified at first look of this pic. I thought the straw was the space from her chin to her neck...