• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

2194 posts in this topic

Posted

Newer video:

I don't mean to be a huge dick but she is honestly the worst at blending anything.

Foundation, concealer, shadows. Really, I'm not sure how she doesn't see there's mistakes there and huge chucks of missing foundation/etc.

And I don't know what's up, but her skin is always so bad. There's always so much texture, not sure if she needs to exfoliate more, or apply her base makeup with a different brush/sponge, but there's gotta be some way she can improve that.

Also not sure what's going on in the last clip where she's filling in her lips. Not only are her lips a wreck (why are they always dry and peely???), but she ends up getting product all over her teeth (or at least that's how it looks, it could be the natural shadows falling on them), and furthermore she gets really shaky while concealing and ends up with a really messy/sloppy lip.

Wengie do you need a hug? Are you alright girl?

Not trying to be mean. I like Wengie but her aegyo sal looks horrible I feel like her eye bags are about to explode:alpacaworry2:

image.jpeg

As you said, they do look bad, and I really enjoy the aegyo sal look, but recently hers look very bulgy and overdone. And you can see it more in her videos, like the one above. I can't be certain of what she's done to them, but whatever it is, it does not suite her.

Posted

I haven't watched this one yet, but didn't she already do a Korean vs American makeup a while back? Running out of ideas Wengie are we? :haiplz:

And yup her aegyo sal was a big fail. She looks much better without them, they look too unnatural (but I'm assuming she doesn't care about looking human anymore at this point).

Posted

Wengie looks more overdone than ever..:beardo:

Posted

First off, why is she wearing circle lenses for the American look? So many Americans have brown eyes.

Also, what is going on with the Japanese eyebrow? It looks like my Greek father's eyebrows (and Greeks have super bushy eyebrows).

Honestly, why does she even try? Her skin is shit, she can't do makeup to save her life, the aegyosal is just plain awful to look at, and she really needs to drink some water and buy some chapstick

Posted

wtf..... do all aegyo sal fillers look that bad!? at one point I was considering it, but holy shit, not if it looks like that I'm not :amgplz:

I'm also a (half) Chinese-Australian and although I'm only a halfie, I'm kind of offended that she pushes away Chinese culture and obsesses over Korea and Japan, even though as a Chinese Australian... How would she know what Korean and Japanese people do specifically???????

im confused about her

girl, stick to ur own culture. China is cool 

Posted

There are even comments on the video asking why her aegyo-sal look so nasty. Honestly...

Posted (edited)

I don't even need to see the video to know how terrible of a job she did. Judging from the thumbnail, she did a poor execution of both. Maybe it's her face that messes up the look. But those eyebrows. Oh man.

I'm also a (half) Chinese-Australian and although I'm only a halfie, I'm kind of offended that she pushes away Chinese culture and obsesses over Korea and Japan, even though as a Chinese Australian... How would she know what Korean and Japanese people do specifically???????

Words from the Koreaboo herself from this blog post:

After all you don't choose what ethnicity you were born into so if you didn't choose it why stick to it just for the sake?

China after all is a incredibly money driven culture, which I'm also not a huge fan of.

I also don't enjoy the rudeness of some Chinese people when I go back

Edited by holita
Added source of where she said that

Posted

what.. she said that? :waatplz: ethnicity is who you are and what you're born with.. you can't choose not to stick with it? tf

Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_23.54.41.thumb

she looks scary tbh.. why did she do this to herself

Posted

She kinda looks like an old lady who put a bunch of filters in that picture:darth: You can see her nasolabial folds even with her face resting-- even the people in the comments agree she looks scary.

It's too bad she's so ashamed of her ethnicity, but you can't just up and drop it.

Posted

So I watched the video and damn, I could fit my entire house in those eyebags. While she’s still not the best at makeup, I can see some slight improvement since the beginning of her channel (still not « beauty guru » material though). It looks good from a distance, up close it’s a mess. :lamasad:

Like someone has mentioned, her skin is in bad condition. Wengie if you’re reading this, try drinking more water and cutting on sugar/salt/processed food… Unless it’s hormonal idk.

I have to say I really like the blue hair on her. I remember how washed out the blonde made her look, couldn’t keep my eyes open without feeling blinded especially with the horrible lighting she had at the time. Good luck on keeping that hair from burning from all the bleaching though o.O

Posted

I don't even need to see the video to know how terrible of a job she did. Judging from the thumbnail, she did a poor execution of both. Maybe it's her face that messes up the look. But those eyebrows. Oh man.

Words from the Koreaboo herself from this blog post:

WHAT!? how dumb is she.... There's rude people in every culture! You can't just swap your ethnicity for another just because you prefer one stereotype over another!

So it seems she doesn't only enjoy stereotyping Koreans and Japanese, but Chinese too....

Posted

Yeah that's what I hate the most about people like her. Not only is it offensive to Korean and Japanese people that she's mocking or the Chinese people she's dissing, but she's also insulting her family who probably worked hard as Chinese immigrants going to a completely new country and having to work harder and learn English. How do you hate where you come from because of stereotypes? I mean yeah, mainland Chinese people kinda have a bad rep for being rude but seriously not every single Chinese person is like that and it's quite pathetic and racist to say that about your own race.

Posted

There we go again... Japanese this, Japanese that. The makeup doesn't even look good tbh

Posted

A chinese girl who makes a japanese make up tutorial that is supposed to make her look like a caucasian baby =.= My brain just exploded. 
I don't think the make up is bad though, i kinda like it actually. Also seems like, now that she was in japan for a bit, she's focusing on japan more again.

About her aegyo sal i wonder..i heard before that she said she got fillers but don't like them, and won't do it again.. i wonder if she did it again or if they just still didn't wear off.. 

Posted

Her aegyo sal is so distracting, ugh. I really, really hope she doesn't get that done again. Also, it seems to me like the more she accents it, the worse it looks.

The makeup isn't terrible, but the eyebrows really bug me for some reason...