• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2107 posts in this topic

Posted

Youtube pays A LOT. I know this because I have someone very close to me who does youtube videos. That's why Wengie can afford to do them full time, she would be earning quite a lot. I'm guessing that's why she chose to make makeup tutorials instead of continuing to be a dance instructor. She's tried dance videos on youtube as well as singing videos.. she settled for makeup tutorials and other related things because they were most popular i think. :)

Posted

Youtube ads actually don't make all that much.

Most money is made from sponsored videos, merchandise, etc.

Posted

So, I finally got around to watching a few of her videos and holy crap she is the biggest asian koreaboo ever sweet jesus. She's completely lost her heritage in all that makeup and plastic surgery, it makes me uncomfortable.

Posted

So, I finally got around to watching a few of her videos and holy crap she is the biggest asian koreaboo ever sweet jesus. She's completely lost her heritage in all that makeup and plastic surgery, it makes me uncomfortable.

Yeah it's a shame when people try to erase their cultural/ethnic features , i wish people would embrace their natural selfs a bit more

Posted

Wengie looks like a gangnam ajuma or maybe that's the look she's going for :harharplz:

Posted

wengie is actually super obsessed with another asian youtuber called bubzbeauty and i feel like she's trying to copy her in so many ways.. She has talked about her several times and she stated that she actually started youtube because of her. She  also stated in one of her videos that her dream was to get married so she could have a honeymoon in Bora Bora which is exactly were bubzbeauty had hers.. i don't know guys, seems like her obsession is pretty clear.

Posted

Wengie looks like a gangnam ajuma or maybe that's the look she's going for :harharplz:

LOL OH GOD

Posted

I found one of her newest video's kinda funny >.< Whenever it is some well known Asian beauty/makeup stuff, to her it's always KOREAN, KOREAN, IT'S KOREAN, but as soon something is Japanese, it's just asian :harharplz: LMFAO :harharplz:

Posted

I found one of her newest video's kinda funny >.< Whenever it is some well known Asian beauty/makeup stuff, to her it's always KOREAN, KOREAN, IT'S KOREAN, but as soon something is Japanese, it's just asian :harharplz: LMFAO 

she used to be super obsessed with japan too if you look at her older videos! the first video i saw of her was "japanese diet tips" (or something along those lines) where she talked about how japanese managed to stay so slim, she constantly bragged about having a japanese friend which she visited a lot which is funny how she went from a weeb to a koreaboo.. can't she be happy about her being chinese instead of striving to be something else? she often says"before someone asks: no i'm not korean :happee:"  lol bitch i didn't even think you were 

Posted

I found one of her newest video's kinda funny >.< Whenever it is some well known Asian beauty/makeup stuff, to her it's always KOREAN, KOREAN, IT'S KOREAN, but as soon something is Japanese, it's just asian :harharplz: LMFAO :harharplz:

So that no one misunderstands me, no, I do not have a problem with stuff being Korean :alpacadone: What I'm simply trying to say is "Korean tinted lips", "Korean glowing skin", "Korean straight eyebrows", "Korean style eyeliner", Korean this Korean that, isn't necessarily a Korean thing, even tho Wendy want it to appear like it is. :hmm: /Sarcasm "Because Korea is so much better that China, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and all of those other Asian country's all together:hoplz:".. All of them (makeup styles listed above) is popular all over Asia, and has been for quite a while, so her labeling everything Korean, is really just another "proof" of what a Koreaboo she really is :frowny: Sorry, it just makes me kinda mad/sad when people put one country in front of another.. Especially when someone chooses another country in front of their "Motherland" (where they're from) :amgplz:

Posted

So that no one misunderstands me, no, I do not have a problem with stuff being Korean :alpacadone: What I'm simply trying to say is "Korean tinted lips", "Korean glowing skin", "Korean straight eyebrows", "Korean style eyeliner", Korean this Korean that, isn't necessarily a Korean thing, even tho Wendy want it to appear like it is. :hmm: /Sarcasm "Because Korea is so much better that China, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and all of those other Asian country's all together:hoplz:".. All of them (makeup styles listed above) is popular all over Asia, and has been for quite a while, so her labeling everything Korean, is really just another "proof" of what a Koreaboo she really is :frowny: Sorry, it just makes me kinda mad/sad when people put one country in front of another.. Especially when someone chooses another country in front of their "Motherland" (where they're from) :amgplz:

she's born and raised in australia so she's hardly an advocate for how asian makeup techniques work :alpacadone:

Posted

After watching her makeup video a couple of things: true she at least mentions that it is a Japanese makeup look, but she down plays it by only saying once it's Japanese, if it were a Korean look I feel every 5 secs she would emphasis that it is Korean makeup style, Korean makeup Korea Korea Korea...

I personally don't find her attractive... girl looking like she has the mumps or something her face so puffy and bloated looking... :notimp: Maybe that's why her makeup looks a bit off to me. 

Posted

I feel like it would be interesting to do a before/after image of Wengie, showing her plastic surgeries.

Because when you search for a celebrity a lot of the time those pop up, and it's interesting to see, but I searched that for Wengie and couldn't find anything.

Posted

Well the straight eyebrows have been in a trend some years (many years) back in China and Taiwan, I think? It's just we're running out of ideas and Korea has brought them up again and pulled an (yeah sue me) American and pretended like they made it. 

This woman has identity issues, though..