• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

2050 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Actually it's different in Australia! You can start medicine as an undergraduate at 18 and finish at 22-23, depending on the length of your course. Then you do an internship for one year, then do your residency for one year and apply for a specialty. I know surgeons who have completed their fellowship at 32. 

Also wengie is pretty intelligent. She went to one of the highest ranking academically selective schools in Sydney (North Sydney Girls). You can't pay to get in, you have to sit a state wide entrance exam. For her final year highschool exams she also got 4 out of 5 subjects, scoring above 90+. 

You can find her here:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/DSACH_2003_12_H14.htm

mmmm slightly incorrect in re to surgeons. I'm pretty sure its at least 5 to 7 years to become a consultant level post med school. Med school itself for surgeon is approx 5 years.

After the 5 years in med school. You do internship for 1 year, registar for 2 years, fellow for 2 years then its consultants. Even then you need to sit exam to do your speciality. But then also its so competitive depending on speciality to speciality. 

Also, north sydney girls are smart yes. But the actual highest ranking school in nsw is james ruse. Like others said, its a pity she doesn't use her smarts for good. 

Edited by appleseeds
Added stuff

Posted (edited)

Also wengie is pretty intelligent. She went to one of the highest ranking academically selective schools in Sydney (North Sydney Girls). You can't pay to get in, you have to sit a state wide entrance exam. For her final year highschool exams she also got 4 out of 5 subjects, scoring above 90+. 

You can find her here:

If only she actually sounded intelligent and expanded her vocabulary to include other words apart from super!! Literally!! 

Btw how bored were u to look up those stats to promote wengie on this forum? She graduated high school In 2003.. 14 years ago lol

Edited by lindannn

Posted

Her nose looks so off here  

Screenshot_20171107-182448.png

Posted

Are those the official fonts...? That looks so embarrassing...

Posted (edited)

She has posted her new single on Spotify. has anyone checked it out? Does anyone know Mandarin? It sounds completely auto tuned.

Her Mandarin is good, which is not a surprise cos she is Chinese. Doesn't sound very auto-tuned to me though. It's more like the sound editing after the audio recording. 

I personally don't hate the song. It is quite cutesy.

Edited by Matcha

Posted

1. Why does she look absolutely nothing like herself??

2. What is that font doing there??????

Posted

I didn't even notice the font but I AM DYING at it now. The song is cute tho. Nothing special but I guess we've heard her vocals in the past. 

Posted

So I just noticed Wengie has somehow gained 1.4 million subscribers since August.
In the 60 Minutes Australia | Under the influence video at 2:16 it shows her as having 8m subs, that video was posted in August. Her sub count is at 9.4m now...
What is going on here??

Posted

So I just noticed Wengie has somehow gained 1.4 million subscribers since August.
In the 60 Minutes Australia | Under the influence video at 2:16 it shows her as having 8m subs, that video was posted in August. Her sub count is at 9.4m now...
What is going on here??

Probs bought it ?

Posted

mmmm slightly incorrect in re to surgeons. I'm pretty sure its at least 5 to 7 years to become a consultant level post med school. Med school itself for surgeon is approx 5 years.

After the 5 years in med school. You do internship for 1 year, registar for 2 years, fellow for 2 years then its consultants. Even then you need to sit exam to do your speciality. But then also its so competitive depending on speciality to speciality. 

Also, north sydney girls are smart yes. But the actual highest ranking school in nsw is james ruse. Like others said, its a pity she doesn't use her smarts for good. 

Note I said, ONE of the highest? I did not say the highest lol. 

Actually, I have a friend who is 32 and a fully qualified Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon, and she is also part of the FRACS and I am a 4th year medical student lol. 

Also at UNSW Med school is 6 years. After 5-6 years in med school. It's 1 year internship, 1-4 years residency (depending on how LONG you take), then you apply for a specialty, sit the exams/interviews and yes qualification is stiff. You don't just 'do a fellowship', you have to get into the specialty first, then successfully complete training to become a 'fellow'. All up 10+ years but he's in his 30's so it's plausible. 

https://www.myhealthcareer.com.au/become-a-surgeon

Also its pretty easy to find her name up on board of studies, it takes less than 5 minutes!

I know I'm OFF TOPIC SORRY but I just think Wendy's bf being a surgeon isn't too off the mark. 

Posted (edited)

Note I said, ONE of the highest? I did not say the highest lol. 

Actually, I have a friend who is 32 and a fully qualified Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon, and she is also part of the FRACS and I am a 4th year medical student lol. 

Also at UNSW Med school is 6 years. After 5-6 years in med school. It's 1 year internship, 1-4 years residency (depending on how LONG you take), then you apply for a specialty, sit the exams/interviews and yes qualification is stiff. You don't just 'do a fellowship', you have to get into the specialty first, then successfully complete training to become a 'fellow'. All up 10+ years but he's in his 30's so it's plausible. 

https://www.myhealthcareer.com.au/become-a-surgeon

Also its pretty easy to find her name up on board of studies, it takes less than 5 minutes!

I know I'm OFF TOPIC SORRY but I just think Wendy's bf being a surgeon isn't too off the mark. 

i didnt say 32 is impossible. All im saying is timing is off... like the allocation of time per step. And yes, depending on speciality. Great you go to med school. But i work in a hospital with various specialities. All im saying is, yes its possible that max maybe a surgeon, but the break down of timing is off in your explanation. And I know some registrars are having difficulty to even get fellowships in their chosen speciality. So like I said depending on speciality.

Yeah that one was my own fault. I skipped over the word one. Sorry

Edited by appleseeds

Posted

Another Aussie Youtuber Chole Morello just posted a video about buying followers and she used a website called socialblade to track her growth. She said all her channel growth is 100% organic. So let's compare her statistics with Wengie's.

CM.thumb.JPG.e38158eaed93ae83c33d6e248ec

WG.thumb.JPG.be1962ef0178b8a42f15a8436eb

So I guess a natural growth should have ups and downs throughout whole youtube career. Ups may represent one or a few videos being uploaded in a short period of time. Then it goes back to normal growth rate until next upload. 

Question is ---- how is Wengie's growth SO STABLE before July 16 and what happened after that?

Posted (edited)

Another Aussie Youtuber Chole Morello just posted a video about buying followers and she used a website called socialblade to track her growth. She said all her channel growth is 100% organic. So let's compare her statistics with Wengie's.

So I guess a natural growth should have ups and downs throughout whole youtube career. Ups may represent one or a few videos being uploaded in a short period of time. Then it goes back to normal growth rate until next upload. 

Question is ---- how is Wengie's growth SO STABLE before July 16 and what happened after that?

on june 2016,she had posted her firsts hacks video(ironically,about hair,while wengie's is in bad condition lol),which got lots of views and she then shifted from beauty to hack videos since those got her millions of views while beauty ones got her barely a million

not that it's unlikely she bought subs,but ppl finally got to know her thanks to the hack videos

Edited by Iiris

Posted

I don't think her pre July 2016 growth is so stable, it just looks like that because she wasn't getting as many daily subscribers as she is now. If you look closer at the pre july 2016 growth, there's little bumps. I'm sure if it was zoomed in on those years it'd look like Chloe's

Posted

Actually it's different in Australia! You can start medicine as an undergraduate at 18 and finish at 22-23, depending on the length of your course. Then you do an internship for one year, then do your residency for one year and apply for a specialty. I know surgeons who have completed their fellowship at 32. 

You can find her here:

It's already established she's somewhat smart - she was in marketing. She's made a career out of carefully cultivating her features to appeal to pre-teens and teens. It doesn't make her a good Youtuber. And on that note, can we not use education as a measure of smartness? Just because she did well in school doesn't make her a better person. 

i didnt say 32 is impossible. All im saying is timing is off... like the allocation of time per step. And yes, depending on speciality. Great you go to med school. But i work in a hospital with various specialities. All im saying is, yes its possible that max maybe a surgeon, but the break down of timing is off in your explanation. And I know some registrars are having difficulty to even get fellowships in their chosen speciality. So like I said depending on speciality.

Yeah that one was my own fault. I skipped over the word one. Sorry

Not to mention, depending on speciality, you can't stay at the same hospital every year for fellowship training (e.g, neuro). And the brutal reapplications that occur, regardless of chosen medical profession and hospital, every year (as I'm sure you're very familiar with). I've already expressed my doubts over Max being any kind of doctor beyond GP, but hey, maybe he was in plastics. Or maybe ortho. 

As for the growth of Wengie's channel...good marketing or buying subs...hard to say. I always thought she bought subs, but maybe there's just a lot of kids who like Wengie...