2037 posts in this topic

Posted

New to this thread here, so...

Have so much to say about Wengie but basically it has already been said before

Can't remember if anyone has ever pointed this out before but OMG "______ HUG!!!" at the start of each video is absolutely cringey. You're freaking 31 ughh

Even when I try to put myself into the shoes of her demographic (aka tweens, little kids) it still creeps me out

That hug is one of the most uncomfortable things about her videos. I'd think it's just me since I only like hugs from people I'm close with but those hugs make me INSANELY uncomfortable... Like just stop.

Posted

I am also someone who has lurked every now and then without bothering to make an account. I actually used to really like her. I always knew her makeup skills were pretty much non-existent, but at least she seemed chill. 

I really hate the type of Youtubers who are super energetic, loud, fake, and childish. Plus I don't care for DIYs and life hacks since most of them don't do much other than waste supplies and space. 

I kept following her content and was subscribed to her for a long time (well, maybe it was only about a month... but it sure felt like a long time) after she changed her entire personality/channel simply because I used to like her videos. I actually don't care much about how she changed her content to match her new target audience. Whatever makes her the money, right?

The only real thing I am kind of annoyed about is how she ignores people asking for beauty related videos and has pretty much turned into a new person overnight (which I am sure is 1000000% a fake persona). 

I suppose this also has to do with the fact that I despise grown-ass women (and men.. if there are any) suddenly going on about how magical unicorns/rainbows are and how much they LOVE them. I, too, once had a unicorn phase. I thought they were the best ever. (Although my obsession was because they had pointy horns and could stab people, but to each their own.) This phase lasted about a week or so. When I was 8 years old. They act more childish than actual children!! Does this bother anyone else? Or is it just me? 

That's what I'm always confused about! Seriously what's with the whole obsession with unicorns by adults in recent years? Remember when the unicorn emoji came out people were losing their shit. And what's up with those generic ass youtubers who obsess over them? Superwoman for one, even her tour movie was called A Trip to Unicorn Island. Childish much. The only time I was ever mildly into unicorns was when I was reading the 'My Secret Unicorn series'. And that was 15 years ago. 

Posted

I know nothing about Wengie or her fiance... but what?! That's gotta be a joke, right? Surgeon?

There's a clip in this vlog where Wengie appears as a speaker. 

Posted

I know nothing about Wengie or her fiance... but what?! That's gotta be a joke, right? Surgeon?

There's a clip in this vlog where Wengie appears as a speaker. 

I seriously hope she's just making that up. It'd be pretty sad if it's true.

Posted (edited)

"Becoming a surgeon is a lengthy process, generally requiring four years of undergraduate school, four years of medical school and 3-10 years of residency and fellowship training."

http://study.com/articles/Surgeon_Career_Summary_and_Required_Education.html

Unless he got into undergrad at 18 and then immediately did his graduate school finishing at 26 and already completed his surgical residency between 29 to 36 years old.. He doesn't look that old.. then Yeah sure. Lmk if you ever seen a multi colored hair surgeon.

I believe Wendy as much as I can believe her American accent (if you can even call it that)

Edited by RobRocks

Posted

Even if he somehow did become a full-fledged surgeon at his age (whatever that may be), she really expects anyone to believe that one would give up all that schooling/training and their career, which is not a fucking easy task to achieve in the slightest, to simply drop all of it and go the youtube path? 

Gosh how scripted did she sound talking tho? 

Posted

Gosh how scripted did she sound talking tho? 

Ikr? And people laughing at.. at what did they even laugh? She said nothing funny..  its like a bad sitcom. ''And even my husband left his job as a surgeon to join me!'' ''HAHAHA'' ..what. :notimp:

Posted

Since people where sharing their story about wengy, I'm going to share mine too. 

It all started when I got this blogger about gyaru fashion in early 2010. Wengy was spamming my blog to follow her. I was so annoyed and decided to investigate about her. She look so cringey and it seemed that I wasn't the only one that she spamed back in the days. I was surprised and shocked that she found me because my followers weren't that big. And also my blog was in another language. 

I decided to follow her so she could stop spamming me and I noticed that a lot of her followers were because of that. And guess what? After following her she still was spamming my blog and keep asking to follow her. I wanted to block her but I didn't do it, because she wasn't mean she was annoying that's all. 

Anyway after gyaru fashion dyed my blog did too. But I always asked to myself what happened to her and one day I found her doing ulzzang faahion. I decided to follow her because it was cringey and I have this weird hobby of watching cringey stuff. Also I wanted to see how long her YouTube career lasted. 

Anyway found her thread here. Got updated on how bad as a person she was, the lies, the scams and surgeries. Followed her how she just changed into an more horrible person than she was and nowdays I can't stand her new persona. But I'm still curious on what kind of new unicorn she will evolve next.

Posted

Guys, not directly Wengie-related, I know, but I just stumbled over this here. Superwoman made a DIY Parody (a few months ago) and it's so... Wengie LMAO. Even people in the comments are basically calling Wengie out for having that attitude.

Posted

In her most recent video, the first prank was fake breaking her nose. I really thought she was gonna take her plastic nose off.. wt...

Posted

In her most recent video, the first prank was fake breaking her nose. I really thought she was gonna take her plastic nose off.. wt...

😂

Posted

Her new DUMB LIFE HACKS video is so "lit"

LMAO *gag* she's still trying to sound relevant it's so cringeworthy.

Posted

the thing about the dumb hacks video is that she had proposed one of the hacks(the one with the toaster on the side)as an actual hack in an older video of hers.it's funny how she calls it dumb now while she had said it's legit in the past

Posted

She has posted her new single on Spotify. has anyone checked it out? Does anyone know Mandarin? It sounds completely auto tuned.

Posted

"Becoming a surgeon is a lengthy process, generally requiring four years of undergraduate school, four years of medical school and 3-10 years of residency and fellowship training."

http://study.com/articles/Surgeon_Career_Summary_and_Required_Education.html

Unless he got into undergrad at 18 and then immediately did his graduate school finishing at 26 and already completed his surgical residency between 29 to 36 years old.. He doesn't look that old.. then Yeah sure. Lmk if you ever seen a multi colored hair surgeon.

I believe Wendy as much as I can believe her American accent (if you can even call it that)

Actually it's different in Australia! You can start medicine as an undergraduate at 18 and finish at 22-23, depending on the length of your course. Then you do an internship for one year, then do your residency for one year and apply for a specialty. I know surgeons who have completed their fellowship at 32. 

Also wengie is pretty intelligent. She went to one of the highest ranking academically selective schools in Sydney (North Sydney Girls). You can't pay to get in, you have to sit a state wide entrance exam. For her final year highschool exams she also got 4 out of 5 subjects, scoring above 90+. 

You can find her here:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/DSACH_2003_12_H14.htm