• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2097 posts in this topic

Posted

I bet this is exactly what she's planning. If she left a six-figure marketing job to do YouTube full-time then she certainly knows how to market and grow a brand - even if it is trash - and a brand channel is a logical next step. She can pump out tons of advertiser-friendly content and tweak it on each channel to suit slightly different demographics. And, like you mentioned with Smosh, as she ages and her surgeries start to look even worse she won't have to be on camera herself. She can just work behind the scenes, planning the video ideas and managing the "talent." 

I actually really admire her business sense. If only she used it for something useful instead of rainbow life hack diy garbage.

Honestly, I highly doubt she ever had that 6 figure job. I mean we only have her words without any proof. Plus, according to earlier discussions about how she had been spamming other bloggers by advertising herself under their posts (but failed to get recognized) before she started YT, we can tell she's always wanted to be internet famous 

Just my speculations. 

Posted

I agree with the above

If wengie did have a 6 figure job I would seriously doubt her mom will let her just quit and pursue in youtube, especially when she wasn't even popular on youtube back then. She started out as a blogger and that failed before she switched to youtube. (Plus that hoarding ep, wengies mom looked like a really hard working woman who struggled to bring up her kids so I SERIOUSLY doubt she'll let her daughter quit a good paying job)

Wengie saying she held a 6 figure job is like how Lily Maymac keeps trying to tell everyone she held a degree in medicinal science and worked in a law firm... which turned out she was just a receptionist and did like an Art degree...

Posted

Honestly, I highly doubt she ever had that 6 figure job. I mean we only have her words without any proof. Plus, according to earlier discussions about how she had been spamming other bloggers by advertising herself under their posts (but failed to get recognized) before she started YT, we can tell she's always wanted to be internet famous 

Just my speculations. 

I agree with the above

If wengie did have a 6 figure job I would seriously doubt her mom will let her just quit and pursue in youtube, especially when she wasn't even popular on youtube back then. She started out as a blogger and that failed before she switched to youtube. (Plus that hoarding ep, wengies mom looked like a really hard working woman who struggled to bring up her kids so I SERIOUSLY doubt she'll let her daughter quit a good paying job)

Wengie saying she held a 6 figure job is like how Lily Maymac keeps trying to tell everyone she held a degree in medicinal science and worked in a law firm... which turned out she was just a receptionist and did like an Art degree...

Now that I think about it, you two are right. I thought I had seen proof of her having a marketing job, but I probably just read it in an interview with her or something like that. My mistake!

Posted

has anyone posted this before? I came across this recently LOL oh, Wengie :alpacadone:

Screenshot_51.png

Posted

has anyone posted this before? I came across this recently LOL oh, Wengie :alpacadone:

Screenshot_51.png

"You look so ulzzang" :phftt:

Posted

Screenshot_51.png

the cringe is real...:darth:

Posted

Why would anyone quit a 6 figure job? You could probably just do Youtube on the side if that's your passion. Unless you're treated poorly or you're in some other situation where you absolutely HAVE to quit there's really no need to.

Screenshot_51.png

Ugh, cringe. Is she REALLY 30?? She's acting so immature.

And ew, "You look so ulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzang." Please no. Don't feed her koreaboo-ness.

Posted

you can check out her linkedin to view her work experience + education in regards to the comments about her past job(s).. so it's not too unlikely, i think (idk if this is OK to post -- just let me know and i'll take it down..)

Posted

you can check out her linkedin to view her work experience + education in regards to the comments about her past job(s).. so it's not too unlikely, i think (idk if this is OK to post -- just let me know and i'll take it down..)

Actually having a look through it from the 'limited' access, I can say for sure, she DEFINITELY did NOT have a 6 figure paying job. Her most recent achievements are all based on her WonderfulWorldofWengie brand, titling herself as the CEO does not mean 6 figure paying especially when the website doesn't even load, added most of her other work is mainly based on little side projects and her online presence. 

Assuming she graduated 2007 (as stated) and worked until her online career (starting 2010) this gives her a time frame of 3 years I assume 1 year of which she was doing her 'online marketing/advertising' job which she was suppose to help kickstart and promote other people to their online career before using her skill to put herself as an online 'celebrity' (noting her blog started in 2010 and she did say she only started it after doing her online marketing/advertising work in a small company), leaving herself with 2 years straight out of Uni with a bachelor of accounting.

Assuming she is as talented and career focus person she puts herself to be, 2 years in an accounting firm and lets say a super good one in Sydney, I still doubt she'll be earning 6 figure sums. At best 50-60k which is very average.

Most roles available with a 6 figure package goes to senior/manager/analysts. 

Posted

Actually having a look through it from the 'limited' access, I can say for sure, she DEFINITELY did NOT have a 6 figure paying job. Her most recent achievements are all based on her WonderfulWorldofWengie brand, titling herself as the CEO does not mean 6 figure paying especially when the website doesn't even load, added most of her other work is mainly based on little side projects and her online presence. 

Assuming she graduated 2007 (as stated) and worked until her online career (starting 2010) this gives her a time frame of 3 years I assume 1 year of which she was doing her 'online marketing/advertising' job which she was suppose to help kickstart and promote other people to their online career before using her skill to put herself as an online 'celebrity' (noting her blog started in 2010 and she did say she only started it after doing her online marketing/advertising work in a small company), leaving herself with 2 years straight out of Uni with a bachelor of accounting.

Assuming she is as talented and career focus person she puts herself to be, 2 years in an accounting firm and lets say a super good one in Sydney, I still doubt she'll be earning 6 figure sums. At best 50-60k which is very average.

Most roles available with a 6 figure package goes to senior/manager/analysts. 

this is very well put. There's absolutely no way she could have just jump started up to 6 figures just a few years out of school.  Even engineers dont jump up to that amount. Unless you're civil engineer but you'd have to put in your experience and time. I think she's ill. She went to an all girl school too, so maybe this contributed to her need for attention.  Because she didn't get that in hs. I have no idea I'm just speculating. 

Posted

ugh... you guys make really good points. I can't believe she would lie about something like that. its beyond easy to get caught. she has guts...

Posted

Not to mention that if she had such earnings she would make it to 30 under 30 list or something like that

Posted (edited)

I'd just like to add onto the salary discussion here since I just graduated :D. I think it's definitely possible that she made 6 figures. A lot of my current friends going in the tech field (esp start ups or big companies) are making six figures straight out of undergrad (in US) and with bonuses, say 85k base pay + 15k bonus would easily make that much. I don't know about Australian companies or her specific company background but the idea of her salary being high is very plausible if the place she worked at has good networks/reputation? \

EDIT: Ok I just checked out her Linkedin and she worked with Johnson & Johnson for several years and at Optus??? And interned at Coca-Cola during college??? O.o I'm actually just thought she worked at some random startup but she started off at big name companies.

Edited by vellichor

Posted

I'd just like to add onto the salary discussion here since I just graduated :D. I think it's definitely possible that she made 6 figures. A lot of my current friends going in the tech field (esp start ups or big companies) are making six figures straight out of undergrad (in US) and with bonuses, say 85k base pay + 15k bonus would easily make that much. I don't know about Australian companies or her specific company background but the idea of her salary being high is very plausible if the place she worked at has good networks/reputation? \

EDIT: Ok I just checked out her Linkedin and she worked with Johnson & Johnson for several years and at Optus??? And interned at Coca-Cola during college??? O.o I'm actually just thought she worked at some random startup but she started off at big name companies.

It's not common in Australia, possible but not common. 
I have friends who work IT jobs and they are close to earning a 6 figure salary. You need to be in reasonably high positions to earn that sort of cash, I believe. Well, my sister earns 6 figures in training people but she has been doing that for years and built a solid reputation of doing her work and beyond that companies are willing to pay that much to keep someone like that around. Though, I don't think Wengie is that focused and skilled in any of her skills, imo.

It's possible she did but I am usually cautious about snowflakes and their claims.

Posted

It's not common in Australia, possible but not common. I have friends who work IT jobs and they are close to earning a 6 figure salary. You need to be in reasonably high positions to earn that sort of cash, I believe. Well, my sister earns 6 figures in training people but she has been doing that for years and built a solid reputation of doing her work and beyond that companies are willing to pay that much to keep someone like that around. Though, I don't think Wengie is that focused and skilled in any of her skills, imo.

It's possible she did but I am usually cautious about snowflakes and their claims.

I don't know much about the Australian job market so you probably have better insight in that area than I do! I think that Wengie, based solely on her Linkedin resume and companies she worked with, did seem to be making above average income for a time at least. Idk if she's ever talked about her experiences in marketing in the past but I'd rather watch a video about that than her false persona, "i luv unicorns + colors" and trend-hopping ones.