• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

2088 posts in this topic

Posted

I actually saw her in real life before and we ate at the same place. am not a subscriber but ive watched a couple of her vids before. she looked horribly old in real life and her make up was really bad. after i saw her i googled images of her and the difference was huge. in real life she looks legit like a 35 y/o with cutesy make up on but in her vids she looks 25? 

Posted

ha! her comments section is FULL of people wanting to get likes...

also this one is pretty special-- 

cring.thumb.png.f8f91815e4a2a5e70184b3df

follow up as i'm watching--

-hey wendy, can I get some WAATER?

-hahaha her inconsistencies. says cylinder differently just a few seconds apart.

Posted

the reason why she looks old in real life but young in her videos is because she uses a filter on her videos.

wayne goss made a video about it and tbh the difference with using one is astounding. according to goss, you can get one for about $100 and it's super easy to use. You can adjust the intensity and the lighting of the filter. 

I initially thought youtubers had good lighting because they use a ring light but I realized many actually use a filter which is like "video photoshop". it explains why their skin looks so flawless and their makeup does not look cakey when in reality it probably looks really heavy

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.43.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.43.15 PM.png

damn.. I should get this filter and start a youtube makeup guru career as well. :hoplz:

Posted

the reason why she looks old in real life but young in her videos is because she uses a filter on her videos.

wayne goss made a video about it and tbh the difference with using one is astounding. according to goss, you can get one for about $100 and it's super easy to use. You can adjust the intensity and the lighting of the filter. 

I initially thought youtubers had good lighting because they use a ring light but I realized many actually use a filter which is like "video photoshop". it explains why their skin looks so flawless and their makeup does not look cakey when in reality it probably looks really heavy

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.43.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.43.15 PM.png

actually lighting still makes a HUGE difference. . .if you take pictures in a studio you wanna do a slittle editing as possible thats why you use specific lighting to get the most out of your 'product'
If you use two huge softboxes your face will look soft and even, glam and gore made a fantastic video about it if you wanna watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zDDgk72Z4 

Posted

Screenshot_2017-02-20-06-07-03.thumb.pngScreenshot_2017-02-20-06-06-55.thumb.png

oh please...

Posted

Screenshot_2017-02-20-06-07-03.thumb.pngScreenshot_2017-02-20-06-06-55.thumb.png

oh please...

trying to justify her screwed up face..

no but seriously, what skill does she have again that we can judge her on?

Posted

Just adding my 2 cents here... i found amount of her subscribers, like/dislikes, views and comment are pretty odd. Especially since her video just repetitive hacks and tips.

Let me compare her channel to well known diy channel, threadbanger

1.thumb.JPG.406891421b74f3244985b86f6531

top comment in this video:

11.thumb.JPG.cae89caf34e7eae7f7be62124ab

Theradbanger has more than 3 mil subbscribers. Their watching ratio are usually good. This vids has more than 1,5 mil watch, 80,000 like/ 800 dislike. Even though the amount comment only 7,264. the top comment receive more than 1000 likes. and you can see people only write something, not just spamming and beg for  likes.

No, let's look at wengie vids:

2.thumb.JPG.3b28177cc8a39662d248d1851747

22.thumb.JPG.608293de140ec1f1c79892938e3

The amount of likes in her video are riddiculous for this kind of hack vids. she has more 11,689 but most of her vids comment are begging for likes. The more weird things are her top comment is begging for likes comment. This just beyond suspicious. She seem like buying views, like and subscribers. For a channel only filled with life hacks and incompetent beauty tutorial. 

Posted

oh please...

man im all for not being judgemental and being yourself etc ya cant be preachin that shit if youve got that much work done to your face. a lil i think is ok cause insecurities are insecurities and you might never be happy with that one feature but come one hun,,,,,,, ur plastic,,,,,,,

Posted (edited)

Depends on what kind of men Wengie, with the rise of mediocre-skilled-young-men-doing-makeup, what makes you think they're aren't as vicious as women when making a comment on a girl's appearance?

Edited by Cherrydoe
Idk y but it sounded weird to me so i changed my post

Posted

ha! her comments section is FULL of people wanting to get likes...

also this one is pretty special-- 

cring.thumb.png.f8f91815e4a2a5e70184b3df

follow up as i'm watching--

-hey wendy, can I get some WAATER?

-hahaha her inconsistencies. says cylinder differently just a few seconds apart.

7.37 - "handSORE" it's fucking handsaw idiot

Posted (edited)

oh please...

aww yeessss

wtf.thumb.PNG.c7bf8645f1a74f42e24f315633

BTW! It doesn't take an hour to get ready sometimes, and you're a YouTuber without a 9-5, so you have all the time in the world to put on your face... You even have time to change the whole structure of your face... Get a grip.

Edited by GentleMonster

Posted

aww yeessss

BTW! It doesn't take an hour to get ready sometimes, and you're a YouTuber without a 9-5, so you have all the time in the world to put on your face... You even have time to change the whole structure of your face... Get a grip.

not only has she all the time in the world for it..but its also kinda her goddamn job.  Eventho she stopped with her beauty/makeup tutorials and is only doing h4cKzZ.

Posted

aww yeessss

Even this heavy video filter cannot hide her apparent surgery and messy eye makeup... @GentleMonster

Posted

When I first saw Wengie, I knew she's gotten her face done cause she has the typical surgical face in East Asia. However, that didn't bother me cause everyone has the right to make themselves beautiful.

What pisses me off more and more is her faker & faker persona & her copycat videos. I think it's very unfair that channels like hers, full of copied ideas, are rewarded with money & fame, while the original creators remain unrecognized. 

I once saw a video from another channel that is filled with Wengie's fans accusing the channel for copying Wengie's ideas. Although that channel also collects info from the internet, I still got a bit angry because come on, your holy Wengie is not original at all. 

I also suspect that she's been buying views. We have all witnessed how much her channel has grown since she started making hack and stuff like that videos. I mean the contents in these videos are not new at all; they're all over the internet. How do they get 200,000+ view within an hour. I have yet to see similar videos & channels that have millions of subs get such high view ratio that quick.

Thank you for bearing with my rant :alpacacrush: