• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4953 posts in this topic

Posted

Didn't she say that the color will fade and become a lot lighter and that her natural color isn't that dark? She called the current color dark brown but it looks black to me but that probably doesn't matter if it fades. But we'll see how it turns out in few days.

Posted

To be fair, people with brown hair who have dyed it that many times usually remember their natural color to be darker than it actually is, even if there are pictures to prove otherwise. I've done this too, and I actually WANTED my natural hair to be lighter, but I convinced myself that it wasn't. So I don't think Venus is doing it just so she can seem more Asian. I'm inclined to believe that it's just a distorted memory issue

Posted (edited)

I used to dye my hair a lot when I was younger, and once I decided to dye it black when I wanted my real hair colour back. Not because I thought my hair was black, but because the is going to fade no matter what. And it faded into the same shade as my medium brown hair colour after a couple of months due to exposure in the sun, showers and other activities. So it is a very logical thing to do if you ask me. 

Edited by boopa

Posted

I said this before, but she did this same thing the last time she dyed her hair back from blonde. She dyed it black and everyone had this same discussion, that she's trying to be Asian because she thinks black is her real hair color....But in the end it did fade to her normal brown and she left it that color until she decided to go blonde again. If she really wanted it to seem like her real hair color was black, then I think she would keep dying it that color to keep up the illusion... I really think she's just waiting for it to fade, and had dyed it again to get rid of the blonde patches that were left (in her bangs etc).

Posted (edited)

It's very possible for her hair to be such a dark brown that it appears black. My hair is like that and when I was young people used to tell me I had black hair all the time. When compared to someone with actual black hair it's obviously brown (my mother has black hair as does my husband), but yeah ... it's about perspective as well. Also, it's hard to tell because hair color changes in different lighting. I have natural reddish highlights, but you won't see them unless I'm under the sun.

Also, I get that her channel is Japan focused, but the comments like "She's trying to be Asian" are a little out there.

It's not only Asian people who have naturally black hair.

Edited by momentomori

Posted

Last video 

Not that bad. I have to be honnest I would never have thought of mixing coffee and jam. Especially not strawberry jam. I like the fact that she didn't just showed us the idea, the video is not too empty. She talked to us about the japanese capital of strawberries, told us how she got her idea, even tested an instant strawberry flavored coffee! And I still find her funny.

She's making a little bit more effort on each video. It's slight, she still needs to get out of her bedroom, but I don't lose hope.

Posted

Ok, fuck. She looked really cute in that video. That soft pink blouse-thingy really suits her! 

Posted

I honestly don't hate this video. The pacing was good, the topic was fine, the editing was good, she didn't make me want to stab my ears with forks.
I hope she goes down this route, it's pretty cute and fun.

Posted (edited)

I know she did by the end but I couldn't resist xD

10536o.jpg

Other than that, the topic was really interessting. I'm a coffee lover but I would definitly try that strawberry jam thing ^^

Edited by chaixchai

Posted

Venus looked hella cute here . It's been a long time since i've seen her wear anything dolly, its quiet cute. Im a bit upset it isn't a parody but she seems alot happier in each video which is good

Posted

Actually....I really liked the content of the video. I am a huge coffee fan myself, and found the idea quite interesting (I am actually tempted to try it), plus, she gave out some decent information about Japan and the stores she went (I'd have love to see some footage of such stores), and she even reviewed a Japanese product providing actual reasons why she didn't like it (not like in that salmon-candy video).

Not so fond of her attire, but that just a personal opinion. I believe that if she feels confident dressed up like that, she should definitely do it (although, I personally prefer her with her more casual clothes). She also needs to improve the whole "looking at the camera" but I can definitely say I am -finally- seeing an improvement. I am actually intrigue as to what she will upload next Friday.

Also, I'd love to propose an idea to Venus (if she ever reads this)

You have a quite cute, yet sophisticated taste in clothing (according to some of your IG photos). I think it would be a nice idea for a video, for you to share some tips for us "older gals" on how to achieve a cute, yet mature look. There are many videos online on how to look "kawaii" and "young" and so and so, but most of them are oriented toward people less than 18 years old. As you approach your fabulous 20's, wouldn't it be nice to appeal to that demographic by proving you can dress cute and mature, without (a) having to look childish, and (b) being Japanese (I always see nice outfits on J-dramas, but always on Japanese people. I'd love to see how the would look on a Western person)? 

Posted

At least she's targeting her audience with her content. I feel now that she's signed with Fullscreen, she has to keep it more lively in her videos or whatever, often I think she's trying too hard to be funny and it just becomes unfunny. 

Posted

L-O-L

she mentioned starbucks :haiplz:

i didnt find her funny like in the other video BUT at the end with the sheep saying boo bye bye boo i just..could...resisit. laughing alot.

Posted (edited)

That video was actually pretty hilarious. Can't say I've ever laughed at her attempts to be funny before. I give it a thumbs up. 

Brb, making strawberry coffee.

Edited by Twenty

Posted

Those of you that are going to try strawberry jam coffee should make a short review for us that are too chicken to try something new or don't usually have coffee/jam at home xD