• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4953 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I thought it was me since Im not native but her English was slurred and unintelligible. Her hands seemed shaky too. Meds or withdrawal syndrome ? 

Shaky hands can also be a symptom of alcoholism.

Slurred language too, but she has a habit of slurring words. I do wonder if she already drank in the past and that's why her language his so hard to understand or if it's just because she cannot/ doesn't want to speak clearly. Both reasons are kind of sad.

Ooooor she doesn't drink alcohol anymore and is only a little nervous. I just can't help now and wonder.
Edited by Strawberries

Posted

I thought it was me since Im not native but her English was slurred and unintelligible. Her hands seemed shaky too. Meds or withdrawal syndrome ? 

As a native speaker, I think that's just how Venus talks. Her English has improved a lot since she started making videos in terms of grammar and natural-sounding speech, but her pronunciation has never been very good and she's always spoken with a kind of slurred accent. Her accent does sound stronger in that video, though - maybe because she's unwell, or maybe due to lack of practice if she hasn't been in contact with many other English speakers?

Posted (edited)

As a native speaker, I think that's just how Venus talks. Her English has improved a lot since she started making videos in terms of grammar and natural-sounding speech, but her pronunciation has never been very good and she's always spoken with a kind of slurred accent. Her accent does sound stronger in that video, though - maybe because she's unwell, or maybe due to lack of practice if she hasn't been in contact with many other English speakers?

Yeah, I doubt she spoke much with British people when she lived in London. Maggot and Venus lived in the West Norwood/Tulse Hill area which has some of the highest crime rates in London. I doubt Venus was allowed to mingle but if she had of done, I don't think she would have been easily accepted with her dolly look. Maggots speech is also worse than Venus' so that's obviously another factor.

Edited by Marilyn

Posted

Venus accent is just pure laziness nothing else. She constantly hears her own voice in videos yet makes no effort to change the obviously mispronounced stuff. Her and Margaret prob didn't even speak English together so I don't think that was a deciding factor. 

I used to think she had bigger problems and that's why it wasn't a focus but she has shown that she just can't be bothered to do anything properly so I don't see why we should keep making excuses for her

Posted (edited)

D5080901-346E-42CB-8648-BFFF12444E21.thu

i was looking for something but then i saw this video! I remember watching it but back then I didn’t find subtitles 

i looked at this comment in comment section 🤯 it was written 5/6 years ago! 

This old lady in the TV show predicated something happened for the last years! Venus and margo screwed up 

Edited by Mystic

Posted

Venus accent is just pure laziness nothing else. She constantly hears her own voice in videos yet makes no effort to change the obviously mispronounced stuff. Her and Margaret prob didn't even speak English together so I don't think that was a deciding factor. 

I used to think she had bigger problems and that's why it wasn't a focus but she has shown that she just can't be bothered to do anything properly so I don't see why we should keep making excuses for her

That's a bold assumption. The fact that she hears her own speech a lot doesn't mean that she even realizes her mispronounciations. And if she does, it still might be hard for her to pronounce things the right way, or it might be hard to kick the habit of pronouncing stuff wrong. Sometimes words just come out of your mouth wrong, no matter how well you know their correct pronounciation. Are you a native english speaker yourself, when you seem so convinced that fixing your pronounciation is easy?

Posted

That's a bold assumption. The fact that she hears her own speech a lot doesn't mean that she even realizes her mispronounciations. And if she does, it still might be hard for her to pronounce things the right way, or it might be hard to kick the habit of pronouncing stuff wrong. Sometimes words just come out of your mouth wrong, no matter how well you know their correct pronounciation. Are you a native english speaker yourself, when you seem so convinced that fixing your pronounciation is easy?

spoiler cause a bit ot 

I am not a native speaker and I just recently broke a speaking habit i had had for 4 years after just paying a bit of attention. If she actually speaks as many languages as she does it shouldnt be hard. I speak 4 languages and every new one tends to be easier to learn as you get different skills on each, if she actually knows as many as she claims then it wouldnt be a problem. Venus definetly hears her mistakes, when she started hanging out with taylor it seemed like she was making an effort to speak a bit better but she somehow got worse as the years went by. She probably thinks its cute so she keeps herself mediocre.

ofc some people just don't care but in a media context where that is the language you choose to reach your audience in you should care as it shows respect for your public.

Posted

I have no words.

Posted

Venus went full circle and is back to cringy weeb

Posted

I have no words.

I guess she read here the past few pages and this is the result... "weeb tantrum"?

Posted (edited)

Edited by Acchan's lips
I'm speechless wow

Posted

Am I the only one who never felt she got her head together? People have been saying she is slowly getting back together when all I see is very random videos and not a direct audience. 

Posted (edited)

Ok! She is friends with some weeaboos like her (cathy cat / and etc) 

here is what is happening and what is going to happen

venus is drunk and think this is hilarious to share which is not (it is super cringey and creepy to act as a child)

venus’s hilarious side is not actually hilarious, it is super cringey thing from a socially awkward person

then 

we -gosship- about her being drunk and asking WTF

and finally

venus deletes the video and posts explaining why she deleted and that she regretted or/filmed it while not being sane

then 

u reupload the video to be forever online

then

video (youtubers) include it in their venus’s videos

add/ she is trying to create drama again

Edited by Mystic

Posted

How am I supposed to have dinner now.

Posted

I... why did she do this. Why.