• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Venus Angelics Videos

4991 posts in this topic

Posted

Something that really bothers me about her videos is that lately they’re all promotional (other than her streams and the deleted vid). Like the only videos she’s posting are about the play or her studio which is related to her business. It just feeds into the theory that she doesn’t care about her youtube career at all and isn’t willing to put in any effort for her videos. Like does she think her audience doesn’t care and will watch anything? Even her food videos were better than this half assed crap at least they were edited properly 

Posted

I think Venus looks cute in the costume but she really looks like she just had too much to drink, groggily ride the bus, sleep then after waking up she is still not sober and have a headache

That’s pretty much how she was. This video was filmed on 8/22 (almost 6 weeks ago,) she posted about it on her insta stories at the time:

44E41C71-2ADC-4037-A42D-1D3CCA4E2F02.thu

She had been up past 1AM the night before uploading the ‘Reacting To My 16-Year Old Self’ video on Youtube, then had about 3 hours of sleep before getting up at 4AM for the shoot.

All of her videos recently have been filmed weeks ago. The drink with Venus bar event, the Date With Myself video and now this one.

Posted (edited)

That’s pretty much how she was. This video was filmed on 8/22 (almost 6 weeks ago,) she posted about it on her insta stories at the time:

44E41C71-2ADC-4037-A42D-1D3CCA4E2F02.thu

She had been up past 1AM the night before uploading the ‘Reacting To My 16-Year Old Self’ video on Youtube, then had about 3 hours of sleep before getting up at 4AM for the shoot.

All of her videos recently have been filmed weeks ago. The drink with Venus bar event, the Date With Myself video and now this one.

Lel, thank you for that, damn, I was wondering how is she able to go to shoots at this time when she is going to events in bars and getting drunk, that explains it

Edited by Kween of Moderation

Posted

Does anyone else really NOT CARE about "HashtagAbsometal"? It looks like a weird live action anime that hasn't been trendy since the early 00s. That new manager seems sketchy AF and it looks like Venus got roped into promoting a Z-List weeb play that is totally not relevant to her target audience. The majority of her followers are not in Japan and speak English since she obviously built her channel in that language. Therefore there's no chance any of them would be interested or able to attend a japanese play. Searching Absometal on Google gives virtually no english results and she doesn't really explain what it is either. There are just constant plugs and references to it in her story, but nothing definitely like "This is a webseries you can watch at XYZ" or "This play has opening night on XYZ in Tokyo. Get tickets here!" With more context people might be able to understand that's going on, but I just phase out at all the hashtags and anime references since nothing makes sense. 

Posted

Does anyone else really NOT CARE about "HashtagAbsometal"? It looks like a weird live action anime that hasn't been trendy since the early 00s. That new manager seems sketchy AF and it looks like Venus got roped into promoting a Z-List weeb play that is totally not relevant to her target audience. The majority of her followers are not in Japan and speak English since she obviously built her channel in that language. Therefore there's no chance any of them would be interested or able to attend a japanese play. Searching Absometal on Google gives virtually no english results and she doesn't really explain what it is either. There are just constant plugs and references to it in her story, but nothing definitely like "This is a webseries you can watch at XYZ" or "This play has opening night on XYZ in Tokyo. Get tickets here!" With more context people might be able to understand that's going on, but I just phase out at all the hashtags and anime references since nothing makes sense. 

tbh the concept intrigues me, but idk how it will play out in...a play. i can see an episodic anime or live action film, but a play is a little weird tbh. when it comes out ill probably still see it (if i can find subs). i just mor concerned with how serious venus is taking this

Posted

Does anyone else really NOT CARE about "HashtagAbsometal"? It looks like a weird live action anime that hasn't been trendy since the early 00s. That new manager seems sketchy AF and it looks like Venus got roped into promoting a Z-List weeb play that is totally not relevant to her target audience. 

Oh it’s definitely something this clueless “I make big business deal with Famous Youtuber!” manager came up with. 

28E47DE7-9A3F-461B-B59A-00CF50402652.thu

Also the skeevy bar “events.” The guy is creepy. Wonder how he found Venus (or she found him)? His business address and mailing address are both in Cambodia.

Posted

The guy is creepy. Wonder how he found Venus (or she found him)? His business address and mailing address are both in Cambodia.

Maybe he hangs out in bars, waiting for “cute” foreign girls who look desperate for money or a visa (though I think he can’t supply one).... he looks totally creepy and doesn’t seem to know a lot about how social media works! 

Posted

Venus doesn't really have a target audience nowadays anyway? Even back then her vids are random depending on the subject, and let's be honest here, would any big project plays or company would want a low of the bin weeb who slurs in both english and japanese in their work?

She jumps between project to project without any clue on how to handle it (lazy), never enthusiastic except *IM GONNA DO I-yea no lemme get drunk bye*, also lack of promotion, Margo probably never teaches Venus much outside of *do makeup vids and eat on camera*

Venus definitely needs a manager but not this clueless Kitano guy, she had a manager last time on that Malice character that went nowhere

Posted

I'm always surprised about how different the perceptions are from what Japanese audience considers to be fun or entertaining compared to the rest of the world. I believe it's part of a cultural difference, because these type of shows are still wildly popular among young generations, unlike western countries where we stopped consuming that type of 'Power Rangers' shows altogether about 20 years ago. 
Venus doesn't have any target audience as stated on the previous comment, but most definitely no one outside Japan will be even slightly curious about Absometal whatsoever.

Posted (edited)

I am really curious of Venus's part in this play so I tried my hardest to search for it, I found nothing except promo and the guy who practiced that laugh line with her channel and he interviews Venus I guess? In Japanese, I have no idea what they are saying but yea

The play she's in seems to have Vol.4 in the title so it can't be that unpopular or considered Z-list there

(Might be surprising but there is still Power Rangers audience today in the west)

(Of course its not as popular as it's once before but they still are able to make a show and the audience seems pretty diverse in age range based on the comment section)

Edited by Kween of Moderation
I have way too much time on my hand haaaaa

Posted

Well yeah I mean Kamen Rider is still pretty popular in Japan, and Masahiro Inoue (the actor who interviewed Venus) is a beloved character in that franchise and recently appeared in the most recent KR series, so this stage has some following at least in Japan. But I can't still comprehend how Venus was able to keep her job, she seemed so exhausted. 

Posted

Well yeah I mean Kamen Rider is still pretty popular in Japan, and Masahiro Inoue (the actor who interviewed Venus) is a beloved character in that franchise and recently appeared in the most recent KR series, so this stage has some following at least in Japan. But I can't still comprehend how Venus was able to keep her job, she seemed so exhausted. 

Her part in the play is tiny though. She’s the voice of the character that’s a teddy bear and that’s about it. I don’t know if she even appears onstage and after her performance in that voice acting video it’s questionable whether she’ll even be able to keep the small role she has.

Posted

I can’t even decide which one is worse, her acting or her makeup skills 😅 

it’s amazing she could get even this tiny part at the play, maybe a huge effort from her ‘manager’. I believe that was a strategy to try making her popular amongst Japanese audience, hence her insistent uploads on tiktok but no one in Japan gives a shit about her lol.

Posted

Her part in the play is tiny though. She’s the voice of the character that’s a teddy bear and that’s about it. I don’t know if she even appears onstage and after her performance in that voice acting video it’s questionable whether she’ll even be able to keep the small role she has.

maybe she will appear because in the video they said that the teddy became human.

Posted

I am really curious of Venus's part in this play so I tried my hardest to search for it, I found nothing except promo and the guy who practiced that laugh line with her channel and he interviews Venus I guess? In Japanese, I have no idea what they are saying but yea

The play she's in seems to have Vol.4 in the title so it can't be that unpopular or considered Z-list there

That video was uploaded 2 months ago, the same time when Venus was mentioning being in the play. She hasn't mentioned it ever since, nor are there any newer videos or photos with her in Absometal. It's been speculated before that they dropped her, and then she had her drunk streams and then drinking events.