• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Venus Angelics Videos

4532 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait but Venus wasn't homeschooled?? Didn't she do a ton of "what I wear to school" and "what's in my school bag" videos? I mean she could have done them if she was being homeschooled too though, and I think in one of her old "how I lose weight" videos (ill see if I can find the video) she said that she went ice skating after school.

When she still lived in the Netherlands (moved from London to The Hague) she went to school here because homeschooling is rarely allowed here.

Posted

the ai reminds me of a knock-off version of celestia ludenburg from danganronpa lol

Posted

I feel like I had already heard about that channel somewhere but I can't remember where... maybe she mentioned it on like twitter and then deleted it??

Posted (edited)

Wait but Venus wasn't homeschooled?? Didn't she do a ton of "what I wear to school" and "what's in my school bag" videos?

She did those because they were popular at the time. If you watch her my strange addcition story thing she says she was homeshcooled by margp 

Also I forgot to add venus has sworn before but only during sicne last year I believe she started using swear words more openly

Edited by Uchi

Posted

Ok but like Jabberwocky Malice sounds like the name one of my weeaboo friends back in middle school would have given their mediocre OC.

Posted

I haven't followed Venus for a long long time but I've noticed a giant decrease in video views. Out of pure curiosity, what do y'all wish she would do videos on?

Posted

I haven't followed Venus for a long long time but I've noticed a giant decrease in video views. Out of pure curiosity, what do y'all wish she would do videos on?

Personally my favorite videos from Venus are the ones where she’s going to various interesting places in Japan. Not only do I enjoy seeing popular places like Akihabara, but I like when she’s goes to smaller and more quaint places. The video of her exploring that forest and eating in the rural little cafe was nice. I seem to remember her saying that Manaki’s parents live in rural Japan so it may be interesting for her to get footage there if they ever were to go for a visit. Anyway though that’s what I’d like to see more of. 

I’m not a fan of her makeup tutorials (or anyone’s for that matter) because unless I’m trying to recreate the look, I don’t see a point in watching. I haven’t really cared about makeup in years anyway. And I don’t think Venus is particularly gifted with makeup. But sadly that’s all she’s done lately :/ 

Posted (edited)

It is because she isn't uploading fast enough. Youtube these days is all about quantity. Look at Taylor R. For the content I agree with AnrachyStocking I like it the most if she shows us interesting places in japan. She is one of the very few with an interesting vlogging style. But I guess as a part of her threapy concept she is adivsed not to mix up personal and work-life too much anymore.

I also enjoy cute-funny clips with Manaki or more interesting cute but not too childish more mature fashion styles like in her last videos/photos . I would love to see her in a very fancy kimono dress-up like so many foreign tourists do or getting make-up in a japanese beauty salon. I also enjoy some artistic nonesense she puts out here and there so long it is not too much like the pickachu march.

Edited by Veeja

Posted

Long time lurker on this topic...

I think that all this Jabberwocky Malice thing it's like a new way to express herself more openly and doing things that she thinks that don't suit her main channel, I was watching this video:

And found a bit interesting the part that starts at 3:12, I know Malice it's just a fictional character and that I may be looking for things that aren't there but somewhat I think what she said there could also be Venus thoughts about why she created the channel, maybe under this fictional persona she's not afraid of being criticized of what she does since she's just on the backstage of the videos.

Posted

I feel like if Venus opened more up on her channel it would be good for her. Everything would seem more genuine and she wouldnt feel stressed about keeping up a persona like the video above hinted. Also with her declining views I feel like change could be really good!

Posted

I feel like if Venus opened more up on her channel it would be good for her. Everything would seem more genuine and she wouldnt feel stressed about keeping up a persona like the video above hinted. Also with her declining views I feel like change could be really good!

No..  Keep private life off the internet. It's none of your business. 

Posted

No..  Keep private life off the internet. It's none of your business. 

um. By open up I meant "show more of your real personality. Dont follow such a script" but ok

Posted

Lol “opening up” does not equal “sharing every aspect of your personal life” wtf

I think it would be better for Venus as well to open up and show her true personality instead of playing some fake persona that isn’t like her at all. It would probably feel so liberating.

Posted

Lol “opening up” does not equal “sharing every aspect of your personal life” wtf

I think it would be better for Venus as well to open up and show her true personality instead of playing some fake persona that isn’t like her at all. It would probably feel so liberating.

Nah Venus' therapist, who has more direct access to the specifics of Venus' sources of anxiety etc., advised her to stop entangling her personal self with her public exposure. Whatever you guys mean by "opening up", it could only go against this advice which seemed to be actually working for her mental health according to her instastories. You guys might be right that her channel is suffering for it but health first you know

Posted

Nah Venus' therapist, who has more direct access to the specifics of Venus' sources of anxiety etc., advised her to stop entangling her personal self with her public exposure. Whatever you guys mean by "opening up", it could only go against this advice which seemed to be actually working for her mental health according to her instastories. You guys might be right that her channel is suffering for it but health first you know

I mean we explicitly said what we meant by “opening up”, or at least I did. 

I agree her health comes first. In the post of mine you quoted, I said “opening up” as in showing her TRUE personality instead of using a fake persona. Cuz it’s always seemed to me that when people use a totally fake persona that they pass off as their true self, they end up suffering because of it.

I do not think Venus should share anything that her therapist advises against. But I would really doubt that showing her actual personality instead of an overly exaggerated, over-the-top cutsey and childlike persona is something that would be bad for her. Main point I’m trying to make: She can show us her true personality without divulging all her private life affairs or “entangling” herself.