• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4679 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't followed Venus for a long long time but I've noticed a giant decrease in video views. Out of pure curiosity, what do y'all wish she would do videos on?

Posted

I haven't followed Venus for a long long time but I've noticed a giant decrease in video views. Out of pure curiosity, what do y'all wish she would do videos on?

Personally my favorite videos from Venus are the ones where she’s going to various interesting places in Japan. Not only do I enjoy seeing popular places like Akihabara, but I like when she’s goes to smaller and more quaint places. The video of her exploring that forest and eating in the rural little cafe was nice. I seem to remember her saying that Manaki’s parents live in rural Japan so it may be interesting for her to get footage there if they ever were to go for a visit. Anyway though that’s what I’d like to see more of. 

I’m not a fan of her makeup tutorials (or anyone’s for that matter) because unless I’m trying to recreate the look, I don’t see a point in watching. I haven’t really cared about makeup in years anyway. And I don’t think Venus is particularly gifted with makeup. But sadly that’s all she’s done lately :/ 

Posted (edited)

It is because she isn't uploading fast enough. Youtube these days is all about quantity. Look at Taylor R. For the content I agree with AnrachyStocking I like it the most if she shows us interesting places in japan. She is one of the very few with an interesting vlogging style. But I guess as a part of her threapy concept she is adivsed not to mix up personal and work-life too much anymore.

I also enjoy cute-funny clips with Manaki or more interesting cute but not too childish more mature fashion styles like in her last videos/photos . I would love to see her in a very fancy kimono dress-up like so many foreign tourists do or getting make-up in a japanese beauty salon. I also enjoy some artistic nonesense she puts out here and there so long it is not too much like the pickachu march.

Edited by Veeja

Posted

Long time lurker on this topic...

I think that all this Jabberwocky Malice thing it's like a new way to express herself more openly and doing things that she thinks that don't suit her main channel, I was watching this video:

And found a bit interesting the part that starts at 3:12, I know Malice it's just a fictional character and that I may be looking for things that aren't there but somewhat I think what she said there could also be Venus thoughts about why she created the channel, maybe under this fictional persona she's not afraid of being criticized of what she does since she's just on the backstage of the videos.

Posted

I feel like if Venus opened more up on her channel it would be good for her. Everything would seem more genuine and she wouldnt feel stressed about keeping up a persona like the video above hinted. Also with her declining views I feel like change could be really good!

Posted

I feel like if Venus opened more up on her channel it would be good for her. Everything would seem more genuine and she wouldnt feel stressed about keeping up a persona like the video above hinted. Also with her declining views I feel like change could be really good!

No..  Keep private life off the internet. It's none of your business. 

Posted

No..  Keep private life off the internet. It's none of your business. 

um. By open up I meant "show more of your real personality. Dont follow such a script" but ok

Posted

Lol “opening up” does not equal “sharing every aspect of your personal life” wtf

I think it would be better for Venus as well to open up and show her true personality instead of playing some fake persona that isn’t like her at all. It would probably feel so liberating.

Posted

Lol “opening up” does not equal “sharing every aspect of your personal life” wtf

I think it would be better for Venus as well to open up and show her true personality instead of playing some fake persona that isn’t like her at all. It would probably feel so liberating.

Nah Venus' therapist, who has more direct access to the specifics of Venus' sources of anxiety etc., advised her to stop entangling her personal self with her public exposure. Whatever you guys mean by "opening up", it could only go against this advice which seemed to be actually working for her mental health according to her instastories. You guys might be right that her channel is suffering for it but health first you know

Posted

Nah Venus' therapist, who has more direct access to the specifics of Venus' sources of anxiety etc., advised her to stop entangling her personal self with her public exposure. Whatever you guys mean by "opening up", it could only go against this advice which seemed to be actually working for her mental health according to her instastories. You guys might be right that her channel is suffering for it but health first you know

I mean we explicitly said what we meant by “opening up”, or at least I did. 

I agree her health comes first. In the post of mine you quoted, I said “opening up” as in showing her TRUE personality instead of using a fake persona. Cuz it’s always seemed to me that when people use a totally fake persona that they pass off as their true self, they end up suffering because of it.

I do not think Venus should share anything that her therapist advises against. But I would really doubt that showing her actual personality instead of an overly exaggerated, over-the-top cutsey and childlike persona is something that would be bad for her. Main point I’m trying to make: She can show us her true personality without divulging all her private life affairs or “entangling” herself.

Posted

I mean we explicitly said what we meant by “opening up”, or at least I did. 

Main point I’m trying to make: She can show us her true personality without divulging all her private life affairs or “entangling” herself.

no. you simply restated the term. 

"Lol “opening up” does not equal “sharing every aspect of your personal life” wtf. I think it would be better for Venus as well to open up and show her true personality"

I know you don't understand, but "opening up" with your "actual personality"  is precisely exposing your "self", it's by definition the same thing. It doesn't matter about private life (affairs), there's a private self. The people you see who are able to be genuine and present their "real personality" in youtube videos (and aren't just faking it) are doing it from an extremely self assured, well balanced and grounded mental foundation.  It is really hard. For example I've used the example in the past that pewdiepie is opposite to Venus in that he doesn't seem at all to be behind glass to his viewers. But this is because not only was never a traumatised, self-loathing bundle of neuroses in the first place (rather, being a happy-go-lucky chill bro), but this is also after years of iteration and experimentation with trialling which pieces of himself he feels comfortable in public about and practising not caring. For Venus? Yeah nah. 

AnarchyStocking you've got a point that people who are hiding a secret tend to suffer. Telling all your secrets publicly is one (costly) way out of that hole. But that situation doesn't exist if you don't have the expectation that people should know things about you. When you go to the store you don't get nervous the cashier will find out you're gay or whatever. Because that's not the nature of that relationship, there is a distance. A distance that lets you be relax and even crack a joke. 

All this said, your idea for how to grow her channel is better than mine, which after a lot of consideration, is "???"

Posted

She should follow her therapist's advice and stay off the Internet, at least when it comes to personal matters. Mental health is very difficult to treat, so better be safe than sorry. Her dwindling fame is not worth it, and she probably had to face the reality of it too -  clickbait wasn't helping and she wasn't willing/able to actually improve her content.

So hopping on the new trend of virtual youtubers was actually a smart idea - this trend hasn't reached it's peak yet, it hasn't been overly infested by other content creators, so it's doesn't need as much effort and skill as, for example, shooting good makeup tutorials, because there aren't as many videos to choose from. And most importantly (for Venus, at least), the anonimity of it.

I do not think Venus should share anything that her therapist advises against. But I would really doubt that showing her actual personality instead of an overly exaggerated, over-the-top cutsey and childlike persona is something that would be bad for her. Main point I’m trying to make: She can show us her true personality without divulging all her private life affairs or “entangling” herself.

It's impossible to show one's real personality without showing one's real thoughts and actions. Those might not be private life affairs you're referring to but that's definitely "entangling" oneself.  And what if her actual personality is far from pleasant - her certain actions have showed her in a very bad light, like when she publicly shamed Manaki for not being happy about her lying to him for 2 years about her surgery and only finding out in the hospital; or when she again publicly shamed Manaki for telling her that mega-weaboo and Lolita-head-to-toe are not for everyday every place. Those were very Margo-like tactics of manipulation through social media shaming.  And mental health problems are not an excuse for being a jerk. Nobody is lovely all the time, but after acting stupidly or evil or some other way, it's much better for the mental health to not do that publicly on the Inernet for the whole world to see and suffer exaggerated consequences than one would have if only one's closest people knew about it. I don't believe that Venus is completely horrible or anything but that is a good example of why she shouldn't overshare when she has problems and why staying off the internet is a good option to deal with problems.

Posted

If her views are dropping that should be noboby's concern except Venus's and I hope she isn't stressing over that and keeps following her therapists advice. Her mental health is very important. I don't know who's the breadwinner in Venus relationship but she has Maneki to support her I hope if she doesn't earn as much as before (but I don't think this is even a concern because she's doing that virtual youtuber thing) so her views dropping isn't a problem in the financial aspect either probably.

I think what's she's doing now is the best she could do for herself. 

Posted

Didn't her therapist told her to treat YouTube as a true real job (like every normal job irl)? I think is what is trying now, to behave like one would do in a office job or so.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Sparklefist