Venus Angelics Videos

4194 posts in this topic

Posted

Just to clarify

BPD=borderline personality

BD=bipolar disorder 

So which one are we talking about here

Posted (edited)

Guys her traumatic experience kicking in and she is on psychotropic drugs. Of course she behaves strange.

And of course she should stay away from the internet and should focus more on her health but the problem is that YT is the only thing she receive positive feedback and in such a state you simply don't have the strenght to put energy in learning something new (at least for a professional level). I bet she was told by a psychatrist to focus on realistic goals and don't hide for achiving positive feelings. The visit in sweden and the everyday video challange could be the result of this. She tries to stay positive because if you lose yourself too much in negative thoughts is getting worse.

She is trapped and it's a pain to watch. I wished she would reach out more into the real world and for example go to a self-help/support group or educate herself about health topics from trustworthy sources. If it would be certain that she receives and definitly reads what fans send her I would give her a few good books even if it would cost me a bit. I cannot stand to watch the bad condition she is in and it's not properly getting in a better direction. She is at a point where carring parents usually would really worry and do research and would be helping with their life experience and simply this feeling of support usually helps a lot. Manaki seems sweet and supportive but it's not the same.

Edited by Veeja

Posted

It pains me to say but she lives in Japan. The country with a suicide rate beyond good and evil. The country where people don't talk about their personal problems. The country where people are sent to their English teachers to talk about their problems (see one of my older posts where I linked to an Unrested video where he talks about exactly this).

There probably isn't any self help group she could attend. Besides, from what we know she lived a rather isolated life and opening up to total strangers might not be something she can or wants to make herself do.

Posted

New video. The baby sound from her telefon toy video is in this video, at 9:11 

Posted (edited)

Ugh, I don´t think she is really in a mental disorder. You will never met a psychiatrist who diagnoses without even speaking to a client in person.
BPD and BD can have many faces and many causes and the human sense is like a black box an only a scientific examination will help to uncover the truth (or knowing her in person instead).
In Psychology we call that telediagnosis which is unprofessional. We have no insight in her private life after all. Manaki could be a friend she married because of green card or she is a lesbian and he is a girl in real life. The people who are part of her vids could bought people from an agency. The room she is making her vids could be rented for such occasions. We don´t know after all. This is the Youtube charm, because we only can speculate about that O.o 

Venus only shows the viewer what he wants to see: a childish girl, a lolita who puts a big amount of food in her mouth and talking about strange things. The content is created for male users who like watching girl content and young girls who wants to be kawaii. I would be interested in a analysis or cross section of the viewers age and gender. In one of the interviews Maggie and Venus gave in Great Britain many years ago, the Interviewer asked her mother about the viewers and Maggie answered that Venus would attract a mainly male audience what was ok for her as a mother. Venus was 14 years old and danced in tight clothes for her fans. Me as awoman grown would never watch such a thing. 

I cannot stand Venus' voice after all and the content is really disturbing and boring but more than 100k users seem to like that kind of stuff :o

Edited by Honeyhana

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Since a lot were talking about BPD/ mental illnesses without really understanding the brunt of it, I'm just going to leave this here .. {Sorry for the wall of text}

I have BPD so I'm commenting from first hand experiences and not from a point of view as an outsider or someone with friends who have BPD or anything else. This is what it's like to have it. My first thing is the difference between Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is that with BP there tends to be more 'docile' periods between the depression and euphoria, there's usually more chill moments where the person with it can sit down and be okay for days or even weeks at a time before something sets them off into an episode.

BPD doesn't have that. It's an every day up and down struggle, where everything you view is black and white. Everything is perfect, or everything is the worst thing ever. You either are so excited for tomorrow, or you don't want there to be a tomorrow at all. Now, having BPD doesn't immediately mean that you have other things like anxiety, depression, body dysmorphia or anything else, in fact BPD usually forms after having those things before, and it messes with your head enough that you develop the personality disorder. That doesn't mean that just because you have BPD you have those things automatically, though. They're all separate diagnosis, they just overlap quite a bit with your average person with BPD.

I don't think Venus has BPD. 

I could be wrong, but just by looking on the outside I don't think she has it (she certainly has some things that link in with it, but so do MANY other mental illness), and even if she does, we shouldn't be diagnosing her with it. It's actually quite painful to see people simplify this illness so easily and think they can know someone has it just by seeing some videos of them online. BPD ruins lives. It's not an easy thing, it's complex to diagnose and actual hell to live with.

While it may look like Venus is switching between depression and happiness, I don't think she is. I think she's always been sad, and some days she will let her guard down and show people, but then she'll regret it and quickly post another post acting all happy - because she doesn't want to worry people, and she doesn't want to lose this persona that she's always put out to her fans/friends/family, whatever. I think she's definitely got some identity problems going on because she wants to branch away from what she was brought up to be, but at the same time she feels like that's all she will be accepted as. That's how I think it could be, anyway. And it's only natural from her upbringing. 

If Venus does have BPD then I feel so sorry for her. Because living with it is an every day struggle, even getting up in the morning can be like hell, let alone motivating yourself enough to make videos and continue with a career. Little arguments seem like the end of the world, and you can be sent spiraling into a depressive episode because someone said "Hi" to you in a different tone than usual. I couldn't imagine what Venus is going through if she has BPD on top of all the other things that have happened in her life.

BPD makes everything worse. Anxiety worse ,depression worse, eating disorders and body dysmorphia - it makes all of it worse. I really hope she doesn't have to live with that.

TLDR:  I have BPD and I think it's really stupid for you all to be diagnosing her so easily. Living with BPD is like living in an actual hell and I hope so much that Venus doesn't have it, just because I know how painful it is to live with it, and if she does have it; refrain from pointing out other things that are wrong with her and linking them to it, it just simplifies the disorder and doesn't help at all. BPD is hard to diagnose and most people never get over it, ever. In fact, a very high percentage of people with it kill themselves before ever getting the help society says they should get.

I really hope Venus doesn't have to live with that, and if she does it's even more reason for you guys to be gentle with her and not act like you know certain things about her mental position and what she does and doesn't have. Sorry this got way too personal.

Edited by Ruruka

Posted

Sorry, I'm switching the subject as her mental issues and if she has a BPD/BP is such a black hole we'll never get out of it...

I don't know why this never occurred to me before but as I was watching her old videos and the one where she talks about having done the illegal weight-loss surgery and how her stitches opened something just occurred to me: the stitches probably opened because she ate too much. Too big chunks of food too fast and too much at one meal. Because, aren't you suppose to eat small amounts after a weight-loss surgery? Like these teeny tiny bites where you chew your food really well and swallow only little bit at a time?

Venus didn't. Right after her surgery she was already doing these "look how much I can eat!"-videos and before she went to the hospital last year she ate normal to large sized meals with fast phase. I'm not trying to blame her or anything as there's the possibility she didn't know how to eat after the surgery but like... Could all of this have been avoided if she didn't eat like she did? As I believe what she went out to seek was being able to eat lots of food without gaining weight and feeling full.

The doctor obviously shouldn't have performed the surgery on her as 1) she was so small already 2) her mental-health wasn't ideal to have a surgery done but Venus should have researched what she was going out to do before she went under the knife. WL-surgery is for life and even if hers could be reversed she still paid 10,000 dollars for having something done without understanding she herself has to work hard as well to get/keep the weight off.

I don't know much about wl-surgeries but I wish Venus would take some responsibility over her own actions instead of just saying "the doctor didn't do the surgery right and it's his fault the stitches came off".

Posted

Sorry, I'm switching the subject as her mental issues and if she has a BPD/BP is such a black hole we'll never get out of it...

I don't know why this never occurred to me before but as I was watching her old videos and the one where she talks about having done the illegal weight-loss surgery and how her stitches opened something just occurred to me: the stitches probably opened because she ate too much. Too big chunks of food too fast and too much at one meal. Because, aren't you suppose to eat small amounts after a weight-loss surgery? Like these teeny tiny bites where you chew your food really well and swallow only little bit at a time?

Venus didn't. Right after her surgery she was already doing these "look how much I can eat!"-videos and before she went to the hospital last year she ate normal to large sized meals with fast phase. I'm not trying to blame her or anything as there's the possibility she didn't know how to eat after the surgery but like... Could all of this have been avoided if she didn't eat like she did? As I believe what she went out to seek was being able to eat lots of food without gaining weight and feeling full.

The doctor obviously shouldn't have performed the surgery on her as 1) she was so small already 2) her mental-health wasn't ideal to have a surgery done but Venus should have researched what she was going out to do before she went under the knife. WL-surgery is for life and even if hers could be reversed she still paid 10,000 dollars for having something done without understanding she herself has to work hard as well to get/keep the weight off.

I don't know much about wl-surgeries but I wish Venus would take some responsibility over her own actions instead of just saying "the doctor didn't do the surgery right and it's his fault the stitches came off".

I think you’re partially right, but the doctor is also to blame. From my vast binge watching of My 600lb Life, if you eat large amounts after surgery you’ll stretch your stomach back out again, but the stitches shouldn’t come undone. The doctor would have to do shoddy work for the stitches to come undone. I don’t know if her stitches would have burst if she ate small amounts or not, but the fact that the stitches broke instead of her stomach just stretching suggests botched surgery to me. 

Posted

I lean towards her surgery being botched. It was a unconventional surgery, unlike any current procedures. I have heard of someone bursting stitches, but it is rare and difficult to do with a properly done surgery as it would be extremely uncomfortable - even painful - to eat enough food to put that much pressure on the staples. It was more common with the old style stomach stapling, which her surgery kind of sounds like, where the staples would come loose over time.