• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4844 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Since a lot were talking about BPD/ mental illnesses without really understanding the brunt of it, I'm just going to leave this here .. {Sorry for the wall of text}

I have BPD so I'm commenting from first hand experiences and not from a point of view as an outsider or someone with friends who have BPD or anything else. This is what it's like to have it. My first thing is the difference between Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is that with BP there tends to be more 'docile' periods between the depression and euphoria, there's usually more chill moments where the person with it can sit down and be okay for days or even weeks at a time before something sets them off into an episode.

BPD doesn't have that. It's an every day up and down struggle, where everything you view is black and white. Everything is perfect, or everything is the worst thing ever. You either are so excited for tomorrow, or you don't want there to be a tomorrow at all. Now, having BPD doesn't immediately mean that you have other things like anxiety, depression, body dysmorphia or anything else, in fact BPD usually forms after having those things before, and it messes with your head enough that you develop the personality disorder. That doesn't mean that just because you have BPD you have those things automatically, though. They're all separate diagnosis, they just overlap quite a bit with your average person with BPD.

I don't think Venus has BPD. 

I could be wrong, but just by looking on the outside I don't think she has it (she certainly has some things that link in with it, but so do MANY other mental illness), and even if she does, we shouldn't be diagnosing her with it. It's actually quite painful to see people simplify this illness so easily and think they can know someone has it just by seeing some videos of them online. BPD ruins lives. It's not an easy thing, it's complex to diagnose and actual hell to live with.

While it may look like Venus is switching between depression and happiness, I don't think she is. I think she's always been sad, and some days she will let her guard down and show people, but then she'll regret it and quickly post another post acting all happy - because she doesn't want to worry people, and she doesn't want to lose this persona that she's always put out to her fans/friends/family, whatever. I think she's definitely got some identity problems going on because she wants to branch away from what she was brought up to be, but at the same time she feels like that's all she will be accepted as. That's how I think it could be, anyway. And it's only natural from her upbringing. 

If Venus does have BPD then I feel so sorry for her. Because living with it is an every day struggle, even getting up in the morning can be like hell, let alone motivating yourself enough to make videos and continue with a career. Little arguments seem like the end of the world, and you can be sent spiraling into a depressive episode because someone said "Hi" to you in a different tone than usual. I couldn't imagine what Venus is going through if she has BPD on top of all the other things that have happened in her life.

BPD makes everything worse. Anxiety worse ,depression worse, eating disorders and body dysmorphia - it makes all of it worse. I really hope she doesn't have to live with that.

TLDR:  I have BPD and I think it's really stupid for you all to be diagnosing her so easily. Living with BPD is like living in an actual hell and I hope so much that Venus doesn't have it, just because I know how painful it is to live with it, and if she does have it; refrain from pointing out other things that are wrong with her and linking them to it, it just simplifies the disorder and doesn't help at all. BPD is hard to diagnose and most people never get over it, ever. In fact, a very high percentage of people with it kill themselves before ever getting the help society says they should get.

I really hope Venus doesn't have to live with that, and if she does it's even more reason for you guys to be gentle with her and not act like you know certain things about her mental position and what she does and doesn't have. Sorry this got way too personal.

Edited by Ruruka

Posted

Sorry, I'm switching the subject as her mental issues and if she has a BPD/BP is such a black hole we'll never get out of it...

I don't know why this never occurred to me before but as I was watching her old videos and the one where she talks about having done the illegal weight-loss surgery and how her stitches opened something just occurred to me: the stitches probably opened because she ate too much. Too big chunks of food too fast and too much at one meal. Because, aren't you suppose to eat small amounts after a weight-loss surgery? Like these teeny tiny bites where you chew your food really well and swallow only little bit at a time?

Venus didn't. Right after her surgery she was already doing these "look how much I can eat!"-videos and before she went to the hospital last year she ate normal to large sized meals with fast phase. I'm not trying to blame her or anything as there's the possibility she didn't know how to eat after the surgery but like... Could all of this have been avoided if she didn't eat like she did? As I believe what she went out to seek was being able to eat lots of food without gaining weight and feeling full.

The doctor obviously shouldn't have performed the surgery on her as 1) she was so small already 2) her mental-health wasn't ideal to have a surgery done but Venus should have researched what she was going out to do before she went under the knife. WL-surgery is for life and even if hers could be reversed she still paid 10,000 dollars for having something done without understanding she herself has to work hard as well to get/keep the weight off.

I don't know much about wl-surgeries but I wish Venus would take some responsibility over her own actions instead of just saying "the doctor didn't do the surgery right and it's his fault the stitches came off".

Posted

Sorry, I'm switching the subject as her mental issues and if she has a BPD/BP is such a black hole we'll never get out of it...

I don't know why this never occurred to me before but as I was watching her old videos and the one where she talks about having done the illegal weight-loss surgery and how her stitches opened something just occurred to me: the stitches probably opened because she ate too much. Too big chunks of food too fast and too much at one meal. Because, aren't you suppose to eat small amounts after a weight-loss surgery? Like these teeny tiny bites where you chew your food really well and swallow only little bit at a time?

Venus didn't. Right after her surgery she was already doing these "look how much I can eat!"-videos and before she went to the hospital last year she ate normal to large sized meals with fast phase. I'm not trying to blame her or anything as there's the possibility she didn't know how to eat after the surgery but like... Could all of this have been avoided if she didn't eat like she did? As I believe what she went out to seek was being able to eat lots of food without gaining weight and feeling full.

The doctor obviously shouldn't have performed the surgery on her as 1) she was so small already 2) her mental-health wasn't ideal to have a surgery done but Venus should have researched what she was going out to do before she went under the knife. WL-surgery is for life and even if hers could be reversed she still paid 10,000 dollars for having something done without understanding she herself has to work hard as well to get/keep the weight off.

I don't know much about wl-surgeries but I wish Venus would take some responsibility over her own actions instead of just saying "the doctor didn't do the surgery right and it's his fault the stitches came off".

I think you’re partially right, but the doctor is also to blame. From my vast binge watching of My 600lb Life, if you eat large amounts after surgery you’ll stretch your stomach back out again, but the stitches shouldn’t come undone. The doctor would have to do shoddy work for the stitches to come undone. I don’t know if her stitches would have burst if she ate small amounts or not, but the fact that the stitches broke instead of her stomach just stretching suggests botched surgery to me. 

Posted

I lean towards her surgery being botched. It was a unconventional surgery, unlike any current procedures. I have heard of someone bursting stitches, but it is rare and difficult to do with a properly done surgery as it would be extremely uncomfortable - even painful - to eat enough food to put that much pressure on the staples. It was more common with the old style stomach stapling, which her surgery kind of sounds like, where the staples would come loose over time.

Posted (edited)

Venus just posted a new video. It looks like it must have taken so much effort! It's really cute, she did a great job :) 

Did anyone else notice the room she's in though? In all the videos I've seen of her's so far I've never seen her in a completely white-curtained room. Since she's been away for a long time, my immediate thought was that perhaps she moved (hence the no videos recently). I wonder if she's still living with Manaki or has gotten a place to herself? Do you guys have any recollection of this room, or am I imagining things?

*edit* she just deleted the video. I wonder if she'll upload it again soon. 

Edited by petit-oiseau

Posted

Venus just posted a new video. It looks like it must have taken so much effort! It's really cute, she did a great job :) 

Did anyone else notice the room she's in though? In all the videos I've seen of her's so far I've never seen her in a completely white-curtained room. Since she's been away for a long time, my immediate thought was that perhaps she moved (hence the no videos recently). I wonder if she's still living with Manaki or has gotten a place to herself? Do you guys have any recollection of this room, or am I imagining things?

*edit* she just deleted the video. I wonder if she'll upload it again soon. 

oh finally a new video ?? Can you tell us what it was about ?

Posted

Has she taken it down?

Posted (edited)

oh finally a new video ?? Can you tell us what it was about ?

It was a video called something like '100 DIY Animal Costumes' - she basically just hand-made 100 animal themed costumes and showed how they looked on her. There was also a give-away for a Nintendo Switch at the start.

The thing I was most interested in was the room she was in. It was bigger than her usual bedroom or any other room we've seen of her house so far, completely white, with white curtains on the walls. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 2.32.53 AM.png

Edited by petit-oiseau

Posted

She just re-uploaded it :)

Posted

Damn these are pretty bad.. 100 is a lot though and it's nice to see the effort, but I'd rather see 10 really cute/nice ones than a 100 shitty ones :S I guess it could be nice for kids. The giveaway also seems so out of place lol

Posted

Damn these are pretty bad.. 100 is a lot though and it's nice to see the effort, but I'd rather see 10 really cute/nice ones than a 100 shitty ones :S I guess it could be nice for kids. The giveaway also seems so out of place lol

I agree. Clearly she put a lot of effort into it, but I couldn't even recognize most of the animals. Some were okay or funny, like her "human" costumes, but it would be so much more interesting if she picked out maybe three costumes and did a real tutorial, with makeup and hairstyles. 

Posted

There’s something off about that video indeed.  As KumaKuma said, that giveaway looked so poorly done, she barely spent a few seconds talking about it, as if she was forced to do it. Also, am i the only one to think that she looked quite unhappy? Not saying she should always be her bubbly self, but it just seemed like something was going wrong. 

Posted

I feel like this video was intended to be put out before Halloween although I may be wrong. She has never been good with time management and imo she doesnt need to do such complicated and poorly edited videos. Her fans would enjoy videos of her sitting in front of the camera and talking/doing makeup just as much; in fact those are her most viewed vids. 

Posted

There’s something off about that video indeed.  As KumaKuma said, that giveaway looked so poorly done, she barely spent a few seconds talking about it, as if she was forced to do it. Also, am i the only one to think that she looked quite unhappy? Not saying she should always be her bubbly self, but it just seemed like something was going wrong. 

yeah the whole atmosphere felt weird, very forced

Posted

Something about this most recent video felt off to me, as others have said as well.

She went from uploading a video consistently almost everyday from September 6th until October 17th. Then there was a break between her October 17th video and the video from today, November 7th.

The room she was filming in for the most recent video seemed vastly different from any rooms we’ve seen in her/Manaki’s apartment. But for the sake of not assuming things, perhaps she had just taken one of the rooms we are not familiar with and decorated it.

But for me, something seemed drastically off in the way she acted on camera in this new video. I hope she is ok/everything is ok.