• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4872 posts in this topic

Posted

venus said in the video "yesterday was bad, i learned something i'd be better off not knowing," and im wondering exactly what that was...i hope she is okay.
other than that though this was a sweet video. im glad she has manaki 

I think I’ve found the answer to this -

In her latest video she says she weighed herself (after vowing not to) and was upset because she had gained weight. But no worries, she’s over it now and promises (again) no more weighing!

Posted (edited)

I think I’ve found the answer to this -

In her latest video she says she weighed herself (after vowing not to) and was upset because she had gained weight. But no worries, she’s over it now and promises (again) no more weighing!

i see :( this poor girl
honestly she has such a warped view on what "fat" is 
she even said in this video she was "worried about getting fat again" 
Venus, honey, you were never fat to begin with.....

edit: i watched the rest of the video and idk
i think its a good one. she said specifically in the video "these things take a lot of time so you wont just magically get better but heres what i do to get better" so she's not just being like "im instantly better u guys!!"

Edited by littleghosts

Posted

I loved this video. Everyone struggles with their bodies some point in their life and even though this video focused on weight, I think a lot of the points can be applied to so many aspects of our appearance. I really loved the video and I am hoping for her happiness

Posted

I like this video, I was hoping she was going to comment on the things she's been saying about Manaki or how therapy was going but I think it was still pretty good nonetheless. I do wonder what happened in 1997 that was a bad effect on her (she writes this date down in the end of the video). I wish she would of worded some of the things differently however. Instead of saying she doesn't care that she's becoming fat she should say that she's starting to not care but she it is a process and she isn't completely over it. But this comment by Manaki was cute lol

37B5B5ED-F654-4BF6-8736-20BF74546DCD.jpeg

Posted

i haven't watched the full video but '97 is the year she was born, afaik

Posted

Could Venus be bipolar?

Posted (edited)

Could Venus be bipolar?

Not likely 

Edited by over the rainbow

Posted (edited)

Could Venus be bipolar?

We can't tell. We don't know her and are in no position to diagnose her :)

What she displays is that she does have some psychological issues and I think it would be great for her if she had a therapist she can trust, simply to work out whatever it is. But we shouldn't put an etiquette on that.

Edited by Strawberries

Posted

I like this video, I was hoping she was going to comment on the things she's been saying about Manaki or how therapy was going but I think it was still pretty good nonetheless. I do wonder what happened in 1997 that was a bad effect on her (she writes this date down in the end of the video). I wish she would of worded some of the things differently however. Instead of saying she doesn't care that she's becoming fat she should say that she's starting to not care but she it is a process and she isn't completely over it. But this comment by Manaki was cute lol

37B5B5ED-F654-4BF6-8736-20BF74546DCD.jpeg

i haven't watched the full video but '97 is the year she was born, afaik

Yeah, it's her birthdate. She says that is another option for a date to put down if you can't think of a specific date you want to write. 

Posted

Could Venus be bipolar?

I can see where you would question that considering her ups and downs so I don’t think the dislikes are justified as it’s an innocent question (just remember to try to stay away from armchair diagnosing :)). I can’t diagnose her but as someone who goes through similar struggles as her (BDD and depression) I can vouch that it’s normal to have these dramatic mood swings without being bipolar. You can be feeling positive and be on the road to recovery one day and all it takes is a trigger (such as seeing a picture of yourself that you don’t like or weighing yourself like Venus did) to have all of that come crashing down and cause an episode of depression. Hope that helps!

Posted (edited)

Could Venus be bipolar?

Thank you for saying this! I have bipolar disorder (2) and she shows lots of similar signs. I was going to comment that haha.

*I like how the user above says you can have dramtic mood swings and not be bipolar but when they're starting to affect you're wellbeing I think it could definitely be suspectable she's bipolar. Especially with how her mom acts too. Wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by berrroxide

Posted (edited)

Thank you for saying this! I have bipolar disorder (2) and she shows lots of similar signs. I was going to comment that haha.

*I like how the user above says you can have dramtic mood swings and not be bipolar but when they're starting to affect you're wellbeing I think it could definitely be suspectable she's bipolar. Especially with how her mom acts too. Wouldn't be surprised.

(Long text ahead) :x

First of all, I would like to say she should see an psycologist to have this sort out, as time passes by it's becoming more obvious that what she has it's not only depression, therefore even harder to solve by herself.:alpacabored:

I totally get why you would think she's bipolar:alpacaworry2:, but still I think she isn't, but yes BPD (borderline personality disorder) which falls to the same category in the personality disorder spectrum and that also has mood problems and issues but they are manifested differently. (I have bpd myself)

These are often confused because of their similarities, but here's the differences:
(Copy paste - didn't felt like writing it down):alpacabored:
BPD short explanation for those who don't know: 
People who suffer from borderline personality disorder (BPD) have severe difficulties in regulating their emotions, which often leads to mood swings, impulsiveness, and unstable personal relationships (“I love you!” turns into “I hate you!” quite quickly). In addition to destructive mood swings, BPD patients typically have a very low sense of self-esteem and self-worth, which is manifested in suicidal tendencies like cutting or harming themselves.They also tend to have a fear of abandonment by family or friends, impulsive behaviors such as reckless spending or driving, and intense moods comprised of anger, depression, or irritability that can last days. The cause of BPD is unknown, but researchers speculate that it’s likely a number of factors, such as genetics, environment, and brain function.
- Frantic efforts to avoid abandonment, whether the abandonment is real or imagined
-A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationshipscharacterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation
-Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self
-Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
-Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior
-Emotional instability due to significant reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
-Chronic feelings of emptiness
-Inappropriate, intense anger
 or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
-Transient, stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms

Bipolar: 
Bipolar disorder shares many of these symptoms — the seemingly reckless behavior, mood swings, and impulsiveness. However, the major defining factor of bipolar disorder involves extreme highs and lows in mood; the former is called euphoria, which involves feelings of excitement, extremely high energy, and grandiosity. Low points are the opposite of mania, characterized by days of deep depression and fatigue, with an inability to focus or be productive. A bipolar person will go from being delusional about having powers, to feeling completely hopeless and empty.Experts note that one of the main differentiating factors between bipolar and borderline personality disorder is that symptoms of personality disorder are pretty consistent and ongoing, while people with bipolar disorder appear to have “breaks” between their extreme mood swings, in which they experience a mid-range mood where most of the symptoms that are confusing between the two disorders (impulsivity, anger, irritability, extreme emotion) aren’t present.

:alpacadone:Why do I think Venus has BPD: :alpacadone:
- Really bad self-image and self-esteem 
- Traumatic childhood (which is sometimes what fuels BPD)
- Black and white thinking (like 8-80, thinking there's only bad and good things, no in between) - tendency to view people as good or bad only - from what I've seen from her before she seems to hate boys for some reason. 
- Wanting to self-harm to flee from what hurts her (like her body issues/eating issues - she has said that she would rather kill herself than deal with her weight problems, Idk if she has ever self-harmed, but she mentioned she sometimes feels like stabbing her arm)
- Suicidal (the same as above)
- Changing her perception of people too quickly - from love/idolization to hate - Thinking good of people and then bad all of sudden - (example: the Manaki thing, blaming him for the things she said)
- Binge eating (when she was younger she said she ate a hole pb jar in the morning; she seems to eat lots of sweets and then cry about it)
- Extreme anxiety towards food, people, etc.
- Huge impulsivity (her instagram posts shows this a lot, her eating problems is another form of her impulsivity, her changing to quickly to please people is another form of impulsivity, etc);
- Wanting to please others, changing depending on others expect from her (when she dyed her hair blonde, saying that she thought that what people liked the most, not dressing as she wanted, etc);
- Being confused about herself and what she wants and believes in;
- Feeling empty; 
- Suffering from dissociation/despersonalization (feeling like life isn't real, like you are in some game- she mentioned it in some instagram post, I believe one she talked about the therapy);
- Extreme mood swings that only last hours~days -> When she feels super happy she stuffs herself with food because she feels all good, when she's depressed she's starts to to pick on herself and being mad with herself -> destructive behaviour)
- Having trouble comprehending her emotions, feeling confused and overwhelmed 
- Being too dependent on other people to feel happy -> complicates relationships 
- Not being able to be alone (if she is she's depressed)
- Not being able to manage anger or unpleasant emotions 
- Manipulative behaviour - to get  people to be on her side or do what she wants;
- Spending too much at once at ''something'' - (example: Lolita clothes haul - but this is just my opinion)

I just want to say. I don't know Venus, I don't know what she does in her daily basis or when she's alone. All I am writting here is from what I see of what she posts online (which lately has been a bit out of control)! - I could be wrong.

Also: If you are reading this Venus please get help 
:alpacaworry: Even if you don't have BPD, and yes some other personality disorder or even just depression, all of types of mental illnesses are serious, bad and affect your life in a awful way.. 
Whatever it is, long-term treatment is needed imo. Don't waste more time of your life feeling this way. Don't you want to live, feel good when you go out, don't feel like you have to stress yourself a lot to control how you feel?
:( Love you Venus!:x

Tbh this is also my response to her video:alpacacrush::alpacadone:  I feel like she just can't accept the fact that she isn't alright, and feels to much pressure from other people to feel ok when she's not (even more social media) - that's why she keeps changing the way she behaves -  not only because of bpd, also because she feels the need to fake it, to fake feeling ok. Her video was very cute and had a meaningfull message behind it, but unfortunatelly that's not how it works. People don't change that way. Otherwise no one would be depressed in the world. Tbh I felt annoyed all the time because I could see how fake it was. I know she's trying hard to feel ok, and doing things that make her happy, but some things are out of our control, and we need outside help to deal with those issues.
Even more, because we can't only do things that makes us happy for the rest of our lives... how will she deal with when she gets a real life job lol (topic discussed later on)
Even though I feel like no one believes she's actually ok from we have seen this past few weeks. And now she will keep everything inside her, not knowing what to do and how to control how she feels and she will be again too scared to show it. (even more after that video).

Why do I think this ''I will do mostly things that leave me happy'' to be happy won't work: 
You know, life doesn't work that way.
We have to do tons of things we hate to do something we enjoy. Even more in our daily lifes, at work, at school, we have to deal with tons of people that talk badly of us, make us feel shitty, etc, but you still have to handle them. It's called being mature. 
Thats how life works. it's not all roses. That so ''toxic'' people she refers to she will have to handle them even if she doesn't want to. I really think her ''baby'' coping mechanism won't work nor help her grow to an healthy adult (even more with the problem she probably has). If she keeps this ''rainbow facade'' she won't be able to live a normal life and deal with her problems without falling into depression again or just running away from them. She needs to grow stronger.

Eating things that make her happy - I hope she doesn't use this as an excuse to eat everything she enjoys and makes her happy (and then gain weight and be all sad even if she says she doesn't care anymore). Yeah pizza makes me happy, cake too - but that don't change the fact that they are unhealthy and bad for my health (if eaten often). so moderation is needed.
I think she should concentrate on being healthy, eating healthy, not making harsh decisions. By starting to search a bit about nutricion or go to a nutricionist since she only seems to know about calories and be rather ignorant about what is a proper meal and proper way to eat. 

Sorry for long post -  I tried to make it rather informative 
thanks for reading :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by Momoiro

Posted (edited)

Thing about having BPD is that some days you do feel alright. Some days you can't even imagine feeling as bad as you did other days. At least that is how it's always been for me and it could be how Venus feels too (IF she has BPD). 

Edited by Marilyn
Worried I broke a rule.

Posted

Thing about having BPD is that some days you do feel alright. Some days you can't even imagine feeling as bad as you did other days. At least that is how it's always been for me and it could be how Venus feels too (IF she has BPD). 

same >.< that's why it's so hard to recover imo

Posted

BPD often occurs due to early childhood trauma and well. She definitely has those. And bpd is most of the time incurable(have a sis with bpd its what shes been told by all her therapists) but she does not come across as having bpd to me really. Of course I dont know her in real lufe so hard to say. But she is a damaged mental wise, 

I feel like she is more mentally behind due to her mothers isolation. Traumas from her mom would probably help her if she talked about it with a therapist.