• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Venus Angelics Videos

4561 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

I kind of agree with the above comment, but I do actually like the video and I think it'll help her stay grounded in a more positive outlook. I just hope for the best. 

Anyway, at first I thought 'oh, I'm tired of these kinds of videos' but then when I watched it I was quite happy with what I saw. The editing was really good and cute too.
So I don't believe that she's better because as she said, that takes months and years, but I think she's finally on the right track. I expect slip ups just like before when she was posting happy positive stuff and then suicidal stuff after gaining a bit of weight, but that's OK. She will learn in time. And the main thing is that this is a positive influence and message for younger and more impressionable viewers. I think the message and the tips she gave are actually useful for others. 
What I don't agree with in these terms is her use of the word 'fat' because, well, I think she equates having fat with being fat which is not the case. She is really really far from being anywhere near fat. And also it is normal to carry a bit of fat because we are not designed to just be skin and bones. I hope that she comes to realise this. 

Posted (edited)

The content of the video was good, but she did literally say that this past week she struggled real bad with suicidal thoughts and feeling fat, and then goes "but it's a new me! I don't care anymore". Don't get me wrong, it's a great attitude to have, but I feel like it's too soon for her to make such a statement. 'Cause next week she'll be a mess again, and that can end up confusing people and she may even feel like she let people down.. idk. I get that she wants to get better magically, but she should give it some time. Anywho, I'm glad she keeps it posotive at least. Hope she can keep the bad thoughts away.

I don't think it's a good attitude to have. A good attitude would be something like: " I won't let last week get me down. I got this. I'm going to become better and I will work for it ".

Going to fantasy land where you're "completely okay now and don't care if you became fat at all" isn't a good attitude when dealing with mental health issues. You need to understand your reality and accept it before you could fight it.  

Edited by over the rainbow

Posted

venus said in the video "yesterday was bad, i learned something i'd be better off not knowing," and im wondering exactly what that was...i hope she is okay.
other than that though this was a sweet video. im glad she has manaki 

I think I’ve found the answer to this -

In her latest video she says she weighed herself (after vowing not to) and was upset because she had gained weight. But no worries, she’s over it now and promises (again) no more weighing!

Posted (edited)

I think I’ve found the answer to this -

In her latest video she says she weighed herself (after vowing not to) and was upset because she had gained weight. But no worries, she’s over it now and promises (again) no more weighing!

i see :( this poor girl
honestly she has such a warped view on what "fat" is 
she even said in this video she was "worried about getting fat again" 
Venus, honey, you were never fat to begin with.....

edit: i watched the rest of the video and idk
i think its a good one. she said specifically in the video "these things take a lot of time so you wont just magically get better but heres what i do to get better" so she's not just being like "im instantly better u guys!!"

Edited by littleghosts

Posted

I loved this video. Everyone struggles with their bodies some point in their life and even though this video focused on weight, I think a lot of the points can be applied to so many aspects of our appearance. I really loved the video and I am hoping for her happiness

Posted

I like this video, I was hoping she was going to comment on the things she's been saying about Manaki or how therapy was going but I think it was still pretty good nonetheless. I do wonder what happened in 1997 that was a bad effect on her (she writes this date down in the end of the video). I wish she would of worded some of the things differently however. Instead of saying she doesn't care that she's becoming fat she should say that she's starting to not care but she it is a process and she isn't completely over it. But this comment by Manaki was cute lol

37B5B5ED-F654-4BF6-8736-20BF74546DCD.jpeg

Posted

i haven't watched the full video but '97 is the year she was born, afaik

Posted

Could Venus be bipolar?

Posted (edited)

Could Venus be bipolar?

Not likely 

Edited by over the rainbow

Posted (edited)

Could Venus be bipolar?

We can't tell. We don't know her and are in no position to diagnose her :)

What she displays is that she does have some psychological issues and I think it would be great for her if she had a therapist she can trust, simply to work out whatever it is. But we shouldn't put an etiquette on that.

Edited by Strawberries

Posted

I like this video, I was hoping she was going to comment on the things she's been saying about Manaki or how therapy was going but I think it was still pretty good nonetheless. I do wonder what happened in 1997 that was a bad effect on her (she writes this date down in the end of the video). I wish she would of worded some of the things differently however. Instead of saying she doesn't care that she's becoming fat she should say that she's starting to not care but she it is a process and she isn't completely over it. But this comment by Manaki was cute lol

37B5B5ED-F654-4BF6-8736-20BF74546DCD.jpeg

i haven't watched the full video but '97 is the year she was born, afaik

Yeah, it's her birthdate. She says that is another option for a date to put down if you can't think of a specific date you want to write. 

Posted

Could Venus be bipolar?

I can see where you would question that considering her ups and downs so I don’t think the dislikes are justified as it’s an innocent question (just remember to try to stay away from armchair diagnosing :)). I can’t diagnose her but as someone who goes through similar struggles as her (BDD and depression) I can vouch that it’s normal to have these dramatic mood swings without being bipolar. You can be feeling positive and be on the road to recovery one day and all it takes is a trigger (such as seeing a picture of yourself that you don’t like or weighing yourself like Venus did) to have all of that come crashing down and cause an episode of depression. Hope that helps!

Posted (edited)

Could Venus be bipolar?

Thank you for saying this! I have bipolar disorder (2) and she shows lots of similar signs. I was going to comment that haha.

*I like how the user above says you can have dramtic mood swings and not be bipolar but when they're starting to affect you're wellbeing I think it could definitely be suspectable she's bipolar. Especially with how her mom acts too. Wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by berrroxide