• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4844 posts in this topic

Posted

This - was - not - okay... AT ALL! 

This is the first time I downvote a Venus' video. 

It was really disrespectful from her to upload this video after his reaction.

Obviously he knows what a tong is, and obviously he was just playing around with the hat joke, but once he realized she was really filming for YouTube, and it wasn't a sexy surprise just for him, then it wasn't funny anymore.

I could see he was really angry for her considering to share their privacy like that. Some people cry when they're really angry because they don't know how to express it, specially when the cause of the anger is a loved one ( it happens to me). I hope she recognizes her mistake, apologizes PUBLICLY to him, and takes the video down ASAP!

Posted

His entire behavior confused me and honestly triggered an entire army of sirens to go off in my head. Of course it's quite possible it's really just a cultural thing (although, honestly, with what I've seen about Japanese fashion, especially the different Gyaru types, I still find his behavior odd)... But given that he was already interested in her when she was still a very young minor that dressed in Lolita fashion I wonder if he doesn't want her to "grow up" and leave her cute image behind. Maybe he is not attracted to more mature sexuality.

I really hope that's not the case.. Manaki seems like an all around nice guy, but you really did just remind me of that small fact that he's been on her trail for years.. I don't think he ever thought of Venus sexually during his fanboy years? Japan has this thing where the women act/speak/dress way younger than they actually are. It makes me, personally, uncomfortable. But if that's the culture over there, then..idk..?

Posted

I think the simple answer is him doesn't like his wife flashing lingerie in public, could just be as simple as he doesn't want to be seen as a pervert as people make constant speculations?, making dirty jokes and stuff, thats kinda in a different lane

Posted

Trying to put myself in his shoes, but I couldn't mentally reproduce the reaction even if it was the privacy angle. The only thing I can think of is that he is asexual, that Venus knows this, and he feels a little put off that Venus is pushing this on him.

Remember one of the initial 'exposé' statements from Margaret was that Venus was asexual? Maybe she is, or was at the time, and Manaki is too. If it was something they shared it would be nice for a relationship (perhaps asexual but not aromantic). To have one partner start to act much less asex would make the other feel pretty lousy, as in 'I thought we shared this one very important thing'.

That's probably reading into it too much though. Could just be a combination of small factors, like trying to speak English, being on camera, being surprised, trying to be funny and it not really working, etc.

Posted

Trying to put myself in his shoes, but I couldn't mentally reproduce the reaction even if it was the privacy angle. The only thing I can think of is that he is asexual, that Venus knows this, and he feels a little put off that Venus is pushing this on him.

Remember one of the initial 'exposé' statements from Margaret was that Venus was asexual? Maybe she is, or was at the time, and Manaki is too. If it was something they shared it would be nice for a relationship (perhaps asexual but not aromantic). To have one partner start to act much less asex would make the other feel pretty lousy, as in 'I thought we shared this one very important thing'.

That's probably reading into it too much though. Could just be a combination of small factors, like trying to speak English, being on camera, being surprised, trying to be funny and it not really working, etc.

huh? venus has hickeys on her neck in many videos, as well as manaki.

Posted

I seriously hope they're not trolling us again, they're weird like that 😐

Posted (edited)

Manaki seems so uncomfortable. Thank you above posters for the summaries because I couldn't watch the whole thing.

I am guessing the biggest component of this is culture clash? Embarrassment?

EDIT: Just their weird humor apparently

Edited by bunnycake

Posted

Don't quote me on this, and I am not saying this is precisely the case but I think it's just their humor... Let me explain a bit, because their relationship seems similar to my husband's and mine. 

When Venus asked him "Why are you crying?" he wasn't crying. She seemed to be teasing him. I often ask my husband this on random situations, or a variant as "But did you cry? / Are you crying? / Are you going to cry?" just out of silliness. Not because he is upset or something bad happened, but rather as a way to tease him about something dumb. Seems like both Venus and Manaki share a kind of humor called "Poe's law" which means that without them fully disclosing that they are being ironic/sarcastic/satiric and that unless they clearly disclose they are kidding, we would be unable to tell their intent. Usually people with this kind of sense of humor (if it can be called that) sound crazy or do incredibly weird things and we can't tell whether it is a joke or what.

Again, I am not justifying, excusing or covering their behavior or saying that it is okay. This video made me really uncomfortable too, so I guess I'm just trying to find an explanation or a way to rationalize what I just watched... 

Posted

Screenshot_20180318-032940.png

Posted

i am confused over the reaction and didn't really understand the first time watching because when he pulls the lingerie out of the bag he's aware that he's holding panties? and he even says something like "this is my dream" 

regardless i still felt uncomfortable for manaki? like even after reading that they were joking it's still a bit off-putting to watch.

also i agree i don't think the babydoll over a sweater is a look, it looks dumb to me.

Posted

Screenshot_20180318-032940.png

Well, Manaki is a really good actor then.

I believe her, she knows him better than we do, and if she says they've been joking then they've been joking. I don't think she's the kind of person who'd humiliate a loved one like that, if Manaki really was uncomfortable she wouldn't have uploaded that video.

Posted

he clearly knew what it was, judging from his saying "this is my dream". like venus said, they were joking.
i highly doubt he legitimately thought it was a hat. :alpacabored:
like, this has happened before; manaki makes pervy comments and makes all those funny face expressions.
like venus said in the comment of the video; it's just manaki humor.

Posted

I don't think he was joking. At all. He's not that good an actor, judging from his previous videos.  I still go with my previous post.

Posted (edited)

The way I see it, you have three way to look at it, one, Venus is a bit socially inept in some areas, two, Manaki is embarrased but doesn't want to look like a pervert at the same time, or three, they're both just have an understanding of each other that some couples have despite his reaction to that, because faces are deceiving, I mean, one person can look like the most meanest person in the world and yet on the inside, they're shy as fuck

I'm going with either 3 because one comment suggesting Manaki likes Venus staying as an innocent cute lolita image grossed me out, not that Manaki grossed me out, its just the many uhmm disturbing speculations people made about him, and til this day no one has proven it to be correct, Margaret's accusation never made it better either

Edited by Cherrydoe

Posted (edited)

venus doesn't strike me as the kind of a person to publish a video her husband didn't feel okay with. I'm going with the "weird humor" explination. 

Edited by over the rainbow