• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4953 posts in this topic

Posted

i haven’t watched her new video yet, but is she talking about the reason she was in the hospital getting surgery, or was this just for explaining her (sort of) ED?? 

She explained that she had gastroptosis (prolapsed stomach) which eventually required surgery to resolve.

Posted

Late to watching the whole video but I'm so proud of Venus! I don't watch many youtubers to compare but I really appreciate how transparent and open Venus is about herself, she would be a shining example of a role model content creator for the company. I'm around the same age as Venus and grew up alongside watching her videos and to see the shift in messages towards other young girls since the time Margo had control and now is such a huge welcomed shift. ^_^

Posted

Plot twist: Margo see's this video and changes her ways 

Changes them from bad to even worse? Yeah, I can see that happening.

Posted

I grew up with a loving supportive mother who was overweight. As result she constantly hinted and directly told me that I should lose weight and yep, I ended up with an ED that I still struggle with. I truly applaud Venus For talking about her issues openly online, I can only imagine how scary that was (I really can't talk to anyone about my issues in private!) . Even mothers who are not evil monsters like maggot can cause real harm, I think venus addressed her triggering event very accurately without placing blame. I was never a huge venus fan but ever since she escaped I'm liking her more and more as her true self comes out. She's been making impressive strides

Posted

Im really glad venus said she wants to go go back to her heaviest .  I think we all agree she looked her best then

Posted

I don't recall her saying she wants to go back to her heaviest. Also personally I don't think she looked best then and she seemed kind of sad about it which is the main thing. She looked best maybe between that weight and her current weight, that is, healthy and hopefully happy. In any case, I believe that she does like being very slim even if she realises that her mental attitude to it is unhealthy. 

Posted

I don't recall her saying she wants to go back to her heaviest. Also personally I don't think she looked best then and she seemed kind of sad about it which is the main thing. She looked best maybe between that weight and her current weight, that is, healthy and hopefully happy. In any case, I believe that she does like being very slim even if she realises that her mental attitude to it is unhealthy. 

either I missheared her or she didn't say that but I still think she should go back~ 

Posted

Im really glad venus said she wants to go go back to her heaviest .  I think we all agree she looked her best then

But in the video she said she is afraid of ever going back to her heaviest. 

I don't agree she looked good at all back then, not even because of her body but face, at that weight her face looked exactly like Margo with more pronounced jowls and saggy cheeks. And even on this forum people in Margo's thread always say her face is ugly and evil, so I understand why Venus would want to make everything not to look like that. I hope she will be able to find a happy middle ground where she would be healthy and like her looks enough to not obsess about food. That might require for her to learn actual healthy eating habits, without candies, sweets and junk food every day, and that may take a good year to get accustomed to it.

Posted

But in the video she said she is afraid of ever going back to her heaviest. 

I don't agree she looked good at all back then, not even because of her body but face, at that weight her face looked exactly like Margo with more pronounced jowls and saggy cheeks. And even on this forum people in Margo's thread always say her face is ugly and evil, so I understand why Venus would want to make everything not to look like that. I hope she will be able to find a happy middle ground where she would be healthy and like her looks enough to not obsess about food. That might require for her to learn actual healthy eating habits, without candies, sweets and junk food every day, and that may take a good year to get accustomed to it.

ah I must have missheared her then 

I thought  she sais it' her goal to get back to a healthy weight which I assumed was her heaviest 

Posted

Venus has come a long way from living with Margo. She has become self-dependent and improved a lot, mentally and personality-wise. She is still young and it hasn't been that long since she moved to Japan and began to live her life without her toxic mother. So I'll give her that.

But.

While I normally somewhat like her videos, I could not stand her attitude in the last video. It was somewhere between desperate, insecure (those two are to be expected, no problem with that) and self-righteous, bratty and defensive. Girl, you have a hardcore obsession with food and weight that's not healthy anymore. That's not kawaii. It has been visible for years. I still remember one IG post of hers not too long ago that said something delusional like "Oh but dieting is part of my life, I won't hide myself anymore I am so strong". No, an obsession with dieting is not a "cute perk" that is "part of your personality". It's sick. 

It bothers me that the video was poorly made and that she is so defensive about not having an ED when literally EVERYTHING she said in this video makes it crystal clear that her obsession with food, weight and looks is beyond normal teenage insecurity. Not making an armchair diagnosis here, but it takes no doctor to see that something is wrong here. And has been wrong for many years. Pretty shocking what she said about Margo, too. It doesn't surprise me tbh, but it's still shocking how insensitive a mother can be. 

TLDR while it's a first step in the right direction to open up about her issues, her stubbornly clinging to "normalizing" her behavior in this obnoxious tone bothers me. She got lots of helpful comments in the comment section on YT which she seems to read, so there's a chance she will realize she needs help. 

Posted

I remember Unrested talking about mental health care in Japan in one of his videos. He basically said Psychologists are rather rare in Japan and when he was teaching English he got students who were sent to him for classes because "foreigners are better with talking about their problems so if you sign up for English lessons you can talk about your problems with them" (not word by word but that's the gist of it). He was shocked and upset about it because obviously an English teacher is not a Psychologist.

I found the actual video he talked about it, it starts at around the 4:30 mark.

Posted

I grew up with a loving supportive mother who was overweight. As result she constantly hinted and directly told me that I should lose weight and yep, I ended up with an ED that I still struggle with. I truly applaud Venus For talking about her issues openly online, I can only imagine how scary that was (I really can't talk to anyone about my issues in private!) . Even mothers who are not evil monsters like maggot can cause real harm, I think venus addressed her triggering event very accurately without placing blame. I was never a huge venus fan but ever since she escaped I'm liking her more and more as her true self comes out. She's been making impressive strides

Yeah, I had a wonderful Mom. She was always open and honest with me and also tended to shower me with compliments almost too much. I do know when people have bad Mothers though. I did, however have a shit Father so that helped me out a lot in knowing a shit Father when I saw one! I just want Venus to be happy and healthy. At least she does have someone who truly loves her.