• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Venus Angelics Videos

4986 posts in this topic

Posted

She comes across quite well in this one video but there are plenty of others where she shows her true colors as a manipulative controlling freak, like the interview where 15-year-old Venus is chattering away and margo cuts her off mid-sentence, and Venus visibly flinches as though she had been physically struck. There's a gif of that moment floating around somewhere and the body language is  quite striking. You can imagine the verbal barbs and lashings Venus endured all those years with that nut.

Then there are all the pics of marge wearing Venus's clothes thinking her 40 year old self is more kawaii than Venus, that are disturbing to say the least. Here's just one, there are many more:

IMG_2809.thumb.JPG.42edf1fe6ad8819a173a5

She's so delusional it's scary.

eta: here's the gif-

1440530257275.thumb.gif.fbfcc327a02610ff

Yes of course I know about these! Please don't think that due to this one interview I sympathize Margo and think of her as a great mother. Like I said in my comments if you read them. If you didn't then please do. 

Margo is a horrible and awful woman and I wish she would leave Venus alone. But in that interview, like I said, she was acting like a good, supportive mother. In these next interview she wanted the limelight to turn to her from Venus. She got jealous of her daughter's beauty, youth and the fact that Venus was an internationally known person. She wanted that too!

But, like I said already, if Margo's supportive attitude reached even one parent and made them want to support their child instead of judging them then that's good!

Posted

eta: here's the gif-

1440530257275.thumb.gif.fbfcc327a02610ff

wow! I didn't noticed that in the interview. 

You can feel all the years she suffered with Margo in that single expression :alpacaworry2:

Posted

New one

Posted

New one

So just a thing that made me stop watching her for a while ... She just tries so hard to act cute and you know like the anime couples and such but it just comes across awkward and cringey. Whenever she was in Taylors videos she seems a little more mature .. but still acts like a 14/15 year old. It could be the fact her mom was controlling and narcissistic (just based of my observations guys)..Idk she is 20 I would love it if she became more natur...I mean mate you're not the person you were portraying  at 14, its ok to grow up and be in a relationship and showing it. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Posted

Although I do agree with you, I think it's just how she sees her work on youtube. The cutesy acting like a 14 year old is her persona. That's basically what got people drawn to her youtube channel - acting cutesy, looking like an anime character/ doll (especially dolls, lol). I do think she tries (as best as she can) to keep her personal and work life separate and thus how she portrays herself. It's up to her on whether she wants to be more like her regular self on her youtube channel.

Posted

New one

I . . . still . . . am uncomfortable with their relationship. idk why.

Posted

I . . . still . . . am uncomfortable with their relationship. idk why.

me too. maybe cuz to me they got married and barely knew each other. There's a difference between talking to someone online for years and living with them for one year. But whatever she had to get away from her mom and loves Japan so....guess it worked out. 

Posted

New one

This is so cringey and awkward to see, they try so hard to look like a kawaii autistic anime couple but tbh it seems like they barely know each other. Also Manaki looks kinda uncomfortable

Btw her japanese is always really cringey kawaii desu nya too (the "pon", "desU" and stuff)

Posted

honestly can't watch this video.. i'm biased against these type of videos... i don't like them at all but man. i don't think venus "KNOWS" 7 languages... there's no way.

Posted

I'd say she knows 4 languages (Swiss German, German, English and Japanese). It's always weird to see videos like this because she seems so sensible, but in other videos she can act kinda crazy. I thought it was an okay video. 

And the video with Manaki... well it's cringy, but that's nothing new. I have to remember I'm not her target demographic nor do I like that genre of videos anyway.

Posted

didn't she upload "i speak 7 languages" before? or is this a new version?

either manaki's not used to be in front of camera or he's just an awkward bunny irl, i find the questions they asked to each other a lil bit basic

Posted

She doesn't know 7 languages. She's not m fluent in all of them. so annoying. I unsubscribed from her instagram a few weeks ago, now I unsubscribed from her YouTube channel. 

Posted

didn't she upload "i speak 7 languages" before? or is this a new version?

i saw a bit of the video and she says its HOW she came to know 7 languages

She doesn't know 7 languages. She's not m fluent in all of them. so annoying. I unsubscribed from her instagram a few weeks ago, now I unsubscribed from her YouTube channel. 

yup., she doesn't. it's actually ridiculous when people claim this. not just venus but other youtubers I saw suggested when I clicked on venus' video

Posted

Ugh, every time she lists German and Swiss German as different languages it annoys me so much. Swiss German is a dialect, not a different language. German has so many dialects, that when someone from North and South talk to each other it can get difficult (if they speak heavy local dialects). But that doesn't mean we speak more than one language in Germany. 

Just leaving this here as proof for my argument, unfortunately its in German

http://www.linguistik.uzh.ch/de/easyling/faq/kolmer-schweizerdeutsch.html

I think she speaks German, English, Japanese and Spanish fluent/good. For other languages I think she knows the basics, but not enough to claim to "know" them. And I think she speaks them to a level that you would expect someone to who lived in those countries... 

Posted

The thing that bothers me is not even that it's like the third video she does on the "I know 7 languages" topic(when in fact she's doesn't know all those languages), but that she called it "How I learned 7 languages". Swiss-German is her native language, that's the language she's speaking with her mom from birth, so it doesn't count in the learning aspect.  Learning German wasn't like learning a totally new language because she already knew the Swiss-German dialect, but on her other video she wrote "I grew up bilingual, speaking German and Swiss German", so let's consider it a foreign language for Venus, so that's language she's learned. Spanish, English and Japanese seem to be the only three non-native languages she has actually learned so in total that's 4. She used to learn Dutch and Korean but knowing the basics doesn't count as knowing the language and it doesn't mean she managed to learn it, unless she meant learning as in trying to learn. So, that's still 4 languages. Which is plenty enough for a catchy video title and wouldn't be a lie.