• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4989 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah finally ! I love this kind of video. Venus is actually smart and studied hard to get where she is now. This is the very reason I've started to follow these jvloggers/kvloggers. Since I study abroad and want to work abroad, I think it's very interesting to see people who are successful abroad. 

Worth watching. 

Posted

Honestly some advice is kinda iffy- in the beginning she's saying "you should study a lot, all the time!" (totally, you should study plenty when you're learning a completely different language) but then, and please correct me if I didn't understand correctly, but it seems she's saying "even when you're eating! you should feel stressed when you're NOT studying!" uh??? 

There's a lot of cool stuff and advice too; on not stopping your general studies (if you're a student) when it comes to learning a new language. 

Posted (edited)

I loved this video! She gives very nice advice and sounds really mature here. Hopefully she'll post more helpful content in the future! It doesn't seem that she had stable, formal academic education(?) with moving around places so much with her mother but languages have always been a constant in her life so I'm glad she's pursuing her interests still.

Honestly some advice is kinda iffy- in the beginning she's saying "you should study a lot, all the time!" (totally, you should study plenty when you're learning a completely different language) but then, and please correct me if I didn't understand correctly, but it seems she's saying "even when you're eating! you should feel stressed when you're NOT studying!" uh??? 

My ambitious friends gave me the same advice. They're the workaholic types who really enjoy studying and working ahead so if they feel that they're not being as efficient, they get stressed. 

Edited by vellichor

Posted

There's a lot of cool stuff and advice too; on not stopping your general studies (if you're a student) when it comes to learning a new language. 

concerning languages, she is right. I really improved my English when I forced myself to think in English. It also worked with German and Chinese.

Posted

concerning languages, she is right. I really improved my English when I forced myself to think in English. It also worked with German and Chinese.

That's totally right. A teacher gave me that advice once and it changed my life. For real!

Posted

Sorry if I'm changing the subject but I was just rewatching Venus' videos and saw this interview. Now, as much as I dislike Margo and how she treated Venus, in this interview I really like how she stood up for Venus' clothing style and how encouraging she was to her.

When the interviewer said she would be horrified if her daughter dressed up like this I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for her. What a small minded person. I haven't followed the drama for more than few years now and I don't know what happened behind the scenes when this video was posted but Margo really seems like a good and supportive mother in this one. Maybe this is why she still has fans after all she has done?

PS. I'm not supporting Margo, I despise that woman. And this could all be an act for what I know. Maybe all she had were dollars in her eyes. But if even one parent saw this and started supporting their teen's way of life instead of judging then I have to give her points for this one. 

Posted

I loved the latest video she did with Manaki, Manaki still look kinda awkward in front of camera, but I think he's much better compared to previous vids, they're both so cute :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

Why does she look like she lost weight?
(Chopsticks should not cross when eating, do I remember it right?)

Edited by sandy11

Posted

New Video.
>27 Minutes 
Oh jeez. 

I've only see about 15mins-ish of this when I was on my lunch break but so far its very sound advice. I give props to anyone whose learning anything and keeping up with studying. Its hard, the best part so far I liked was her saying to do it even when you don't want to. I used to be good-ish at Spanish in hs (and I was suppose to be practicing with someone on here but we ghosted each other apparently??) and the part that always got me was being consistent with my studying. Like the first week I'm good but then I stopped. I wish I had the will power to continue going.

Posted

Why does she look like she lost weight?
(Chopsticks should not cross when eating, do I remember it right?)

ew, sorry but her fingers are disgusting, why the hell are they so bloated?! :darth: maybe she eats too much sodium

Posted

ew, sorry but her fingers are disgusting, why the hell are they so bloated?! :darth: maybe she eats too much sodium

I mean shes always eating noodles so probably tbh

Posted

huh? bloated? I checked I think they are ok? can you printscreen it? maybe I did not notice it yet.

Posted

huh? bloated? I checked I think they are ok? can you printscreen it? maybe I did not notice it yet.

ew.png

Posted

ew.png

Hmm.I guess thats just aftereffect makes them look bloated, blured and also how she bending them. 

Posted

ew.png

I don't see them as being bloated but if you could show a picture where they aren't bloated? There has been a heat wave in Tokyo area lately and if she's anything like me her fingers and toes will bloat cause of the heat.