• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Venus Angelics Videos

4989 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Fun facts: These hamsters typically live ~2 years. Few months is long time. Amazon has plenty of cage options.

while i agree a few months is a long time for a hamster and im siding with u, the cage needs to be a proper one ... hamsters and small rodents actually live longer than 2 years. the misconception that they have a 2 year lifespan is thanks to humans not looking after them properly and not really caring about small pocket animals as much as they care about dogs or cats. if you look after a hamster properly they live up to 4 years minimum... they have a very small heart that beats 100+ bpm and thats the only reason their lifespan is so short. especially since people are usually careless around them and they constantly scare the living shit out of pocket animals, like picking them up suddenly with their bare hands and stuff. humans have not actually perfected the art of feeding a good diet to hamsters (many owners just feed them pet shop food every day for 2 years) and they develop nutrition-related tumors. plus, their hamster parents probably also had tumors, and the likelyhood of tumors is very common in small animals now. we've ruined them, pretty much.

...all that said, i dont particularly care about hounding people to look after their pocket animals properly. the world is too big to be a hamster hero and when i die, nothing will change about how humans keep small pets. 

Edited by osmone

Posted

I agree she's being passive aggressive (which isn't a great look) but at the same time I feel a little sorry for her. I think the hamster is the first thing she's been really excited about in a while and well... people found fault, became aggressive, made accusations etc. I'd be a little passive aggressive and defensive too if people couldn't just explain to me what was wrong and started attacking me. Then again, I hope she sorts the problem out and gives the hamster a suitable home.

That excuse can be used for every person discussed on this forum - like, kanadajin3 is just passive-aggressive because people are attacking her, the poor thing, Islam is the first thing she's been really excited about in a while but people just couldn't explain what was wrong and started attacking her - which is probably exactly what she thinks and how she justifies herself :/

Venus has been e-famous for many years, she should know better than to expect universal praise on the Internet and then bitching about getting criticism (that's also what Margo used to do when people dared to criticize her and Venus, and on that example of how Margo was perceived back then and now, Venus could already make conclusion that it's better not to do it). 

But then again, I agree with @osmone that people aren't going to change how their care for small pets. Especially if these pets are viewed more as cute accessories just for the sake of being cute enough to show off on the Internet - which is exactly what Venus admitted to in her post, she just wanted "to share happiness and exchange advice" with the Internet but now will have to "stop exposing Yomogi" because of "unplesant form of everyone part-taking" which contradicts herself but whatever.

Posted

I can kinda understands why Venus is acting this way towards her viewers. Imagine getting your very first pet, then you tell people about it simply to express how happy you are with your new pet, but instead of sharing the happiness with you, people start bombarding you with comments about how you're mistreating your pet without giving you any chance to settle down and show them that you're capable of being a good owner. I would be overwhelmed too if people start pointing out what I'm doing wrong with my pet without giving me some time to adjust first.

Me: Hey guys! I just got my very first puppy!

Friends: Have you potty trained it? Have you taken it out for walks regularly? What kind of food do you feed it? You know you have to take a good care of your pet or else they'll die!

Me: Slow down, I just wanted to share the good news with you :(

I dunno tho. I'm just trying to understand her perspective of things. (No offence to anyone :alpacacrush:)

That and people really don't even try to understand Japanese living situations while sitting in their huge houses. I get the "Don't get a pet if you don't have the money/time/space" argument but people are so easy to judge and trample on someone's excitement until it's dead. She said multiple times that she's considering this and that after people pointed out that she should get a different cage and every time someone raised their finger again because no, it should be different. I would be pissed as well if no one's accepting my suggestions and ideas even if I'm trying my best. She should just have stopped posting about it tbh.

Typical Schrödinger's cat situation. No matter what you're doing on the internet, it's always wrong.

Posted

Please can we just drop the hamster thing already! It's going no where. And like said before: if you want to continue then make a new thread for it.

Posted

That excuse can be used for every person discussed on this forum - like, kanadajin3 is just passive-aggressive because people are attacking her, the poor thing, Islam is the first thing she's been really excited about in a while but people just couldn't explain what was wrong and started attacking her - which is probably exactly what she thinks and how she justifies herself :/

Venus has been e-famous for many years, she should know better than to expect universal praise on the Internet and then bitching about getting criticism (that's also what Margo used to do when people dared to criticize her and Venus, and on that example of how Margo was perceived back then and now, Venus could already make conclusion that it's better not to do it). 

But then again, I agree with @osmone that people aren't going to change how their care for small pets. Especially if these pets are viewed more as cute accessories just for the sake of being cute enough to show off on the Internet - which is exactly what Venus admitted to in her post, she just wanted "to share happiness and exchange advice" with the Internet but now will have to "stop exposing Yomogi" because of "unplesant form of everyone part-taking" which contradicts herself but whatever.

You have a fair point, but the difference with Mira is that she's been a shitty person for years now, despite people's best efforts to steer her towards the right path and give her some advice, which she's choosing not to take because she's too proud/stupid to realise that it's for her benefit.

The reason I feel more sympathy for Venus is that i'm sure she's lonely and her new pet is something she was excited to share with her fans and when I refer to the people 'attacking her', I'm not referring to people trying to be helpful and informative, I literally mean people leaving nasty comments just for the hell of it.

I also agree that the salty, passive aggressive attitude isn't cute and she really could have handled it better. I'm by no means sticking up for the girl, just feeling a little sympathy that things didn't work out :(

Posted

You have a fair point, but the difference with Mira is that she's been a shitty person for years now, despite people's best efforts to steer her towards the right path and give her some advice, which she's choosing not to take because she's too proud/stupid to realise that it's for her benefit.

The reason I feel more sympathy for Venus is that i'm sure she's lonely and her new pet is something she was excited to share with her fans and when I refer to the people 'attacking her', I'm not referring to people trying to be helpful and informative, I literally mean people leaving nasty comments just for the hell of it.

I also agree that the salty, passive aggressive attitude isn't cute and she really could have handled it better. I'm by no means sticking up for the girl, just feeling a little sympathy that things didn't work out :(

I agree, Mira is much worse, I just brought her up as example.

Sorry if it seemed that I lashed out on you:alpacaworry: I guess I'm just tired of all the snowflakes' passive-aggressiveness - first the jvloggers, Yumi and all the irrelevant ones, now Venus too. It's like the thing with "trends", pokemon-y and clickbait-y video titles - everyone just suddenly starts doing it at the same time and it gets annoying very quickly. Passive-aggressiveness is even more irritating because it makes the people seem really unpleasant, or maybe it's just showing their true colours. 

Posted

I agree, Mira is much worse, I just brought her up as example.

Sorry if it seemed that I lashed out on you:alpacaworry: I guess I'm just tired of all the snowflakes' passive-aggressiveness - first the jvloggers, Yumi and all the irrelevant ones, now Venus too. It's like the thing with "trends", pokemon-y and clickbait-y video titles - everyone just suddenly starts doing it at the same time and it gets annoying very quickly. Passive-aggressiveness is even more irritating because it makes the people seem really unpleasant, or maybe it's just showing their true colours. 

Ach, don't worry about it, it's really frustrating after a while. As you say, especially when a lot of the other flakes have started doing it too :alpacaheadshake: Plus it came to me as a big surprise that Venus would be that passive aggressive though. Perhaps, as someone said already, she's been taking lessons from Saltay lol

Posted

Spoiler alert: she's using the gay = happy rhetoric.

>.<

Posted

Q: If you could become any desert. Which would it be?
Venus: ice cream! so I can be licked

Uuuuuuuuugh :alpacadone:

Posted

It wasn't a bad video but... Clickbait again. Yet, it still isn't improving the views on her videos. She has 1,4 million subscribers but often barely manages to get over 100k views and sometimes gets less than 100k views. Some other flakes are accused of buying followers with even smaller disparity between number of subscribers and video views. And I believe Margo could have been buying them while she was Venus's manager, which would explain why the channel was growing when her popularity was declining, before she ran away. It's all speculation of course, just something I wonder about. (Also, if the subscribers are real, why are over 70% of them not watching? What videos did they expect when they subscribed? Is it possible to see from which videos someone subscribes to a channel? :alpacaconfused:)

Posted

They are so awkward together. o_o How old is he?

Posted

They are so awkward together. o_o How old is he?

hes 25or 26 i cant remember he not that much older then her

Posted

I feel like all of her fans love Manaki, but I don't like videos with him in, they make me feel kinda grossed out. Not because he's gross or their relationship, they seem good together. Just they always take it too far and share too much with the audience. In other words, Venus' videos are even more cringe worthy with Manaki in them, and even more obviously fake because of his reactions and general 'I don't want to be here' look. 

Posted (edited)

Pull is making double posts a lot lately

Edited by Ragdollcookie