• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

People pretending to be Slavic/Eastern European Thread

102 posts in this topic

Posted

I actually came to conclusion that part of these people see russia and slavic countries as "ghetto"

you know, you cant really call ppl ni**a, and imitate black rappers since you are not black/might be called racist so there are "white thugs" and you will be a bad boy/girl too and drimk voddddkaaaa (ignore the fact that alcoholism is actually not healthy and nice and has ruined may families). Not all of them tho, but it seems like part of them want the "thug life" lol . Plus Slavic countries are known for not being that PC.

And dont get me started on thirsty guys that have met few cute slavic girls that were nice to them willing to be with them in exchange for financial stability and are now calling western women ungrateful bitches that dont know how to take care of their men etc

Posted

it’s funny to me how UNEDUCATED these people are. they use the term slav to describe russian ‘aesthetic’ when it’s not even remotely correct. there are different types of slavs: eastern european slavs, balkan slavs etc. or thinking eastern europe is just russia and ukraine

and where does that whole western girls vs slavic girls thing come from is beyond me. if they think slav girls are some trad, quiet, submissive women they are very mistaken. but what would i know, i’m part-macedonian and only russia is slavic apparently 9_9

Posted

Traditionalism is still strong here and a lot of kids are raised in that "style" - wife takes care of the kids and a husband, chores are a "female thing" etc. (its not a bad thing to live in a traditional way ofc if both parties want to) Which has actually changed a lot with younger generations. And I dont think its about Slavic girls being submissive and quiet, anyone who has come here knows both men and women like to party and drink and that we can be really loud lol its more about us "knowing our place" as women, plus feminism was never a really strong movement in this parts of Europe.

(honestly, a lot of women here want their man to be "the man" - strong and all of that, but you are not gonna be that just because you have a penis and money as many think lol)

anyway this is it on this topic from me, i dont want to derail the topic further. its just that i can relate to some things here so i can spam a lot lol :alpacafedup:

Posted

what i love is how everyone hyped for gosha rubchinskiy's fashion doesn't realize that they look like the ravers of 90s and like theyre going to the gym class in period of our parents and grandparents. you dont look hip and cool, you look funny and like you came out of a time machine. especially when the prints are what.... saying sport or Adidas or Nike in Cyrillic? but i guess since its russian its best thing ever, i just wish i could be gosha and get extra coins on (imo) most bland and overhyped cloth 🙄

Posted

OMG I knew a guy like this in highschool, he tried to learn Russian from google translate...

These people think that Russia (and I say Russia because a majority of them think Russia is the only slavic country) is just squatting, vodka and guns considering the only form of Russian/slavic entertainment they consume is those "meanwhile in Russia" videos or FPS Russia (he's not even Russian!) videos. These people know nothing about slavic culture, however they put it on a pedistal and shit on their own. Going back to the guy I knew back in school who got genuinely upset because he wasn't of slavic descent. 

Posted

what i love is how everyone hyped for gosha rubchinskiy's fashion doesn't realize that they look like the ravers of 90s and like theyre going to the gym class in period of our parents and grandparents. you dont look hip and cool, you look funny and like you came out of a time machine. especially when the prints are what.... saying sport or Adidas or Nike in Cyrillic? but i guess since its russian its best thing ever, i just wish i could be gosha and get extra coins on (imo) most bland and overhyped cloth 🙄

Ok, we need some pics at this point in the thread. https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/shows/springsummer-2018-menswear/gosha-rubchinskiy/collection 

I don't think anyone in Russia is wearing those on a daily basis. that's what soccer players are wearing (at least the outfits with shorts) when they're on the field. or when regular guys are playing soccer for fun. And don't believe me, go watch Real Russia Channel on youtube, and look at what the people on the streets are wearing. Also, this looks like a blanket i have xD https://gq-images.condecdn.net/image/a2V2EDe3kAY/crop/810/f/_BOY0691.jpg 

BUT,more importantly, we need pics of those pretending to be Russian/ Eastern European/ of Slavic descend. 

Posted (edited)

Ok, we need some pics at this point in the thread. https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/shows/springsummer-2018-menswear/gosha-rubchinskiy/collection 

I don't think anyone in Russia is wearing those on a daily basis. that's what soccer players are wearing (at least the outfits with shorts) when they're on the field. or when regular guys are playing soccer for fun. And don't believe me, go watch Real Russia Channel on youtube, and look at what the people on the streets are wearing. Also, this looks like a blanket i have xD https://gq-images.condecdn.net/image/a2V2EDe3kAY/crop/810/f/_BOY0691.jpg 

BUT,more importantly, we need pics of those pretending to be Russian/ Eastern European/ of Slavic descend. 

Yes, I've never seen anyone wear that on the streets.  The tracksuit business is real tho, sadly, but only when it comes to some of the lads (+the squatting and eating seeds while drinking beer) - but that as well is very similar to the roadmen culture in the UK

One pet peeve of mine though has to do in particular with Americans - when they claim some sort of eastern European heritage like "oh my mum is half russian therefore im 1/4th russian" or "oh my mum is polish, so I am half polish."  It's very grating because 99% of the time they have no idea what the culture even is about, have not lived in that country/region and 100% of the time do not speak the language.  Yes, sure, they don't want to just be boring americans, but mentioning every three seconds that you are half, 1/4th or etc something is just annoying.  I've met people that go way beyond even 1/8th when saying what ethnicity they are (yes, a girl claimed once she was 1/32nd native). 

Just love yourself dear, you don't need to split yourself in 32 different parts to be cool

Edited by Omega3

Posted

One pet peeve of mine though has to do in particular with Americans - when they claim some sort of eastern European heritage like "oh my mum is half russian therefore im 1/4th russian" or "oh my mum is polish, so I am half polish."  It's very grating because 99% of the time they have no idea what the culture even is about, have not lived in that country/region and 100% of the time do not speak the language.  Yes, sure, they don't want to just be boring americans, but mentioning every three seconds that you are half, 1/4th or etc something is just annoying.  I've met people that go way beyond even 1/8th when saying what ethnicity they are (yes, a girl claimed once she was 1/32nd native). 

Just love yourself dear, you don't need to split yourself in 32 different parts to be cool

I see where you're coming from, especially if it relates to culture, someone who's Polish-American is going to grow up culturally different than someone who's from Poland and who's family has always lived there, despite maybe sharing similar physical characteristics. But I think, at least from an American perspective, if someone in America is asked about their ethnicity, no one except Native Americans can ethnically be "American", so I think most people look at where their family lineage traces back to when asked about their ethnicity. If someone asked me what I am I'd say mostly Ukrainian, and I probably wouldn't go into more detail unless they were curious. But I definitely still acknowledge that I'm part Welsh (yes, only 1/8th lmao) because the only reason my hair is really curly is because of the 1/8th Welsh side of me (think Merida from the movie Brave). So while it isn't usually relevant in random conversation, I think a lot of people who's ancestry is from different countries still find it relevant to who they are in some way, or depending how it shows up in their physical features.

Posted

Honestly, as a russian, i cringe so hard at this general new trend. Especially since the "slavboos" are focusing on/romanticizing the two aspects i hate the most about my country's culture - the whole gopnik "aesthetic" and the stereotype that russian women are submissive and only want to get married and have 9000 kids(which is unfortunately forced on us by the media and out families, but trust me,most of us girls here just want to find a good job and be free). Its especially hilarious because majority of young russians actually don't like the country's condition nowadays and dream about leaving it+try to follow the european/american/asian fashion trends instead of the said cyka blyat gosha rubchinski style or whatever it is. Idk, but seriously, as a citizen of russia,i don't really see what good/interesting foreign people can find in our culture except for maybe some 18-19th century art and literature. 

Posted

Honestly, as a russian, i cringe so hard at this general new trend. Especially since the "slavboos" are focusing on/romanticizing the two aspects i hate the most about my country's culture - the whole gopnik "aesthetic" and the stereotype that russian women are submissive and only want to get married and have 9000 kids(which is unfortunately forced on us by the media and out families, but trust me,most of us girls here just want to find a good job and be free). Its especially hilarious because majority of young russians actually don't like the country's condition nowadays and dream about leaving it+try to follow the european/american/asian fashion trends instead of the said cyka blyat gosha rubchinski style or whatever it is. Idk, but seriously, as a citizen of russia,i don't really see what good/interesting foreign people can find in our culture except for maybe some 18-19th century art and literature. 

Tbh your country is cool for architecture beyond that? Bitch no. Glorifying it is not a good time.

Posted

As someone from Romania - our cultures are pretty similar, i guess? LOL - I do like a few aspects about Russia. I like some of the classical music [don't ask me who or what, i'm bad at that, and Russian names are nearly a nightmare for me, sorry], i also like the traditional Russian garb, the very old houses made entirely of wood with no nails, and that there are huge areas of the country where nobody lives, or where people live as if it was early 20th century. 

Posted

Tbh your country is cool for architecture beyond that? Bitch no. Glorifying it is not a good time.

there are other things that are cool about Russia like, I really wanna go to Moscow again, i can't even begin to describe how wonderful the city is...

but like any other country it obv has it's downsides so, glorifying anything is fcking dumb as hell.

Posted

Okay, as someone from Australia I don't understand this whole gopnik obsession that slavaboos have because from my understanding aren't gopniks like thugs or something? I get wanting to learn slavic languages and the culture and stuff, but I really don't get this whole gopnik thing, like at all. 

Posted

Okay, as someone from Australia I don't understand this whole gopnik obsession that slavaboos have because from my understanding aren't gopniks like thugs or something? I get wanting to learn slavic languages and the culture and stuff, but I really don't get this whole gopnik thing, like at all. 

like, being slavic,for me it's more like...i dunno, taking back the stereotype? and making fun of your culture in a way? idk like, that's how my friends and I see it, it's basically a running joke, but , yeah, usually it's kinda like...i guess every slavic country has its name for the track suit wearing dumbasses but, idk anyone who associates anything positive with them so...

idk why anyone would wanna pretend to be slavic just for that aspect, its freaking weird ngl.

Posted

Oh god... this reminded me of my earlier obsession with Russia, and I mean obsession. It started because I liked someone who happened to be from Russia, and from there it just spiraled into an obsession with the country itself. I learned as much as I could and did things to try to make myself seem more “Russian” (though I didn’t know much at all about Russia at the time, so I often misinterpreted what pieces of information I managed to discreetly gather), all the while hiding my obsession from everyone because, well, from the general idea I got from living in the US at the time, Russia was kind of the enemy, especially with the whole 2016 election thing going on. Thankfully, I’m over that now, and I apologize for my cringiness to everyone who actually lives in and understands Russia (even though technically you never knew about it and it never affected you, but I still feel really bad about it).