People pretending to be Slavic/Eastern European Thread

49 posts in this topic

Posted

After going back and forth, I decided to make this thread. While this trend is not as popular as the people pretending to be Korean or Japanese, there is a niche out there that pretends to be from Eastern Europe..... for some reason. I don't have a specific person in mind but I remember there was a person on Tumblr who pretended or rather wanted to be Romanian and was into Dracula. I'm pretty sure you can find the person if you look into it lol. But post here if you have anything to share with us.

Posted

Just leaving that here:

I've seen it being mostly the case with Russia and Poland, I wonder why. I guess it's because it became a trendy aesthetic? lmao. And I can see why...a bit. I find it pleasing in a way

Pic related is Pewdiepie's merch;

c316464e3c69408be954c6d05edd10a9.thumb.j

jokk.thumb.jpg.b9effcb94f5930cf837b079ee

Posted

I have no idea of how to feel about this (as someone from Romania). in a way i find it flattering, but then i'll question their motives. 

i saw a girl on Youtube (forgot her name) she's half romanian because of her dad, but he didn't bother teaching her the language. she was born in California i think she she came here to see her father's homeland. he told her not to come in winter, but that's exactly what she did. she was so cold poor soul. she stayed for 6 months and then left for another country.

while this girl has a legitimate reason to say she's East European, why do others do it? and how? now i need to learn more about this trend. :D (can i call it trend?)

Posted (edited)

Never heard of this before. Or seen it.

If it is happening on a extremely small scale, it is probably happening in America. But even then it is very far from a trend. It is Definitely not a thing amonb south/western/northern europeans. guess that's why I have never seen or heard of it before :''D

The only European I can think of who fakes being another European ethnicity is the girl with the white hair who people say is Italian but she says she is...Danish or something?

I do not consider kboos or wboos as a trend either. More like a very small niche on the internet. If you're not interested in Asian media you'll never come across them, in my country 99% of the country has no idea wtf a weaboo or koreaboo even is :'''D

To American teens of eastern European descent , they may think saying they are Russian is more interesting than saying they are slovenian.

If it should be called anything then it's russiaboos. Cause no one pretends to be moldovian,Czech,Croatian,Slovakian etc. Cause Russia seems to be the only eastern European country that seems to be considered as "cool"

Edited by Kiko

Posted

ruNever heard of this before. Or seen it.

If it is happening on a extremely small scale, it is probably happening in America. But even then it is very far from a trend. It is Definitely not a thing amonb south/western/northern europeans. guess that's why I have never seen or heard of it before :''D

The only European I can think of who fakes being another European ethnicity is the girl with the white hair who people say is Italian but she says she is...Danish or something?

I do not consider kboos or wboos as a trend either. More like a very small niche on the internet. If you're not interested in Asian media you'll never come across them, in my country 99% of the country has no idea wtf a weaboo or koreaboo even is :'''D

To American teens of eastern European descent , they may think saying they are Russian is more interesting than saying they are slovenian.

If it should be called anything then it's russiaboos. Cause no one pretends to be moldovian,Czech,Croatian,Slovakian etc. Cause Russia seems to be the only eastern European country that seems to be considered as "cool"

Romanians will NEVER say they're Russian or slovenian because that's a blatant lie. Dracula is a character inspired by Romanian history, so someone who likes vampires, why would they say they're Russian? LOL I heard people (men) drooling over Ukranian women too, not only Russian. Romanian women are also beautiful (except for those who .... look like plastic cheapest sex dolls) .... Russia is not the only 'cool' country in East Europe. >.< Romania is cooler ;p (because we have romanian blouses. and while talking about fashion, google up bihor not dior, to see how cool romania is)

Clearly the scale is small, even with weaboos, when compared to the population of the country they come from. 

Posted

Romanians will NEVER say they're Russian or slovenian because that's a blatant lie. Dracula is a character inspired by Romanian history, so someone who likes vampires, why would they say they're Russian? LOL I heard people (men) drooling over Ukranian women too, not only Russian. Romanian women are also beautiful (except for those who .... look like plastic cheapest sex dolls) .... Russia is not the only 'cool' country in East Europe. >.< Romania is cooler ;p (because we have romanian blouses. and while talking about fashion, google up bihor not dior, to see how cool romania is)

Clearly the scale is small, even with weaboos, when compared to the population of the country they come from. 

Uh I didnt say that? I said AMERICANS of ea euro descent may think its cooler to say theyre russian than slovenian or something. 

Could be my age but I do not think any country is "cool". And I don't think Romanian,Ukrainian whatever women are any more beautiful than women from other European(or non eu) countries. There's beautiful and "ugly" everywhere. The creepy old ugly western men who have a eastern European female fetish often do cause they think eastern European woman are submissive fragile beings who think man are Superior to their female sex. Well of the eastern European young women I have met. they were nothing like that. They wanted to study,travel not sit at home all day and popping out their 6th kid at 25.

Posted

the girlfriend of cyr, dasha is also a example of a slavaboo

Also i feel like slavaboos are also oxymorons because they think that slavic people are only russian,are the whitest people on earth and have a extremely developed country which is the farthest from the truth.

I can only imagine the reaction of shock of a slavaboo when they see a slav with dark hair and dark eyes(which is common )  

Posted

Many Slavic people also have roots from other countries as well depending on where they are from. In the Balkans,  Turkish, Illyrians, Greek, Central Asia, Russia historically have interacted with the Balkans or even taken part in war in the Balkan regions.  I remember a Macedonian guy on youtube taking a ancestry dna test and he had Central Asian ancestry and surprisingly a lot of it too. I think people in those areas would have something similar or may be different if they did a test like that. In Russia and parts of Poland,Romania and Ukraine, Tatar(or Central Asian, Mongolian) ancestry is also present but at a much smaller scale. I'm not sure about East Asian ancestry and how prevalent it is but a example would be my dad's aunt's Polish husband has Chinese and Vietnamese ancestry after taking a dna test so I assume in some areas, some people may have east asian ancestry.  By the way, there is also a lot of Jewish and Armenian history in Poland as well. Russia has a lot of indigenous groups such  as Yakut, Chechen, etc, they have over 180 ethnic groups and even some of these groups in their republic have their own functioning government, rules, schools, and many more.

It's quite funny that these slavaboos don't know actual history and bilateral/multilateral relations of these countries. They should put their assumptions aside and actually study these countries. They might learn something.... or not.

Posted

This is actually quite surprising to me because the 'boos' usually were either koreaboo and weaboos and now we have a whole new breed, slavaboos being on a lower scale from what I've seen but this is really reminding me of the time when I was a massive hetalia fan :phftt:

Posted

it is probably happening in America.

Oh no honey, it happens in Australia too. I know people who are slavaboos, called their asses out. lmao 

Posted (edited)

From what I've seen, American Slavaboos can be put into two categories:

• instagram girls that wear dramatic eyebrow makeup and contour who call themselves russian/ukrainian because it gives them ~ dramatic model vibes ~  instead of just being their regular vaguely european-american selves.
  • teenage boys that watch life of boris and think slav-squating and adidas tracksuit memes are funny

you guys are right in that, they don't care about slavic history nor countries outside of russia. it's just an aesthetic thing.

B-but i like life of boris. At least he's funny, and i like his content( like his country review & cooking). But i know too well that squatting at random places while shouting BLYAAT like a gopnik-wannabe is too damn cringy.

Edited by MASASHI SUPER DRY

Posted (edited)

From what I've seen, American Slavaboos can be put into two categories:

• instagram girls that wear dramatic eyebrow makeup and contour who call themselves russian/ukrainian because it gives them ~ dramatic model vibes ~  instead of just being their regular vaguely european-american selves.
  • teenage boys that watch life of boris and think slav-squating and adidas tracksuit memes are funny

you guys are right in that, they don't care about slavic history nor countries outside of russia. it's just an aesthetic thing.

Does anyone have any examples (like on Instagram) of American slavaboos?

I’m American and I come across plenty of weeaboos and koreaboos, but never anyone fetishizing Slavic/Eastern European people. I am from an area that has a lot of people of Polish decent, so maybe it’s not considered as exotic? A lot of Americans consider people from Eastern European countries as being “Euro-Trash” (which is a mean stereotype!) so I have a hard time picturing many Americans wanting to be Slovenian, Russian, Polish, Czech, Ukrainian, Serbian, etc. 

Or maybe I’m just out of touch with young people? The only person I can think of that is a slavaboo is Yungelita, but she’s Canadian. 

Edit: wait is this an Instagram goth thing? 

Edited by SadBlythe

Posted

A lot of Americans consider people from Eastern European countries as being “Euro-Trash” (which is a mean stereotype!) so I have a hard time picturing many Americans wanting to be Slovenian, Russian, Polish, Czech, Ukrainian, Serbian, etc. 

When I go out on the streets and look around, i can see a lot of the Euro-Trash you're mentioning. (and I'm not talking about the gypsies/roma people, because most Romanians consider them the most trashy of all. :( I'm talking about non-Roma people who dress (not their traditional and very colorful clothes, which i kinda like because i find them cheerful, lol, but the modern clothes that are stuck in the 1990s, which by today's standards are vulgar), act, and talk like the Roma people (in a very vulgar, rude, aggressive way), on top of listening to their music (that sounds as if the singer is on his deathbed). 

in any case, i also want to see some examples of these people - pictures, or names. i couldn't find much when i looked. 

Uh I didnt say that? I said AMERICANS of ea euro descent may think its cooler to say theyre russian than slovenian or something. 

Could be my age but I do not think any country is "cool". And I don't think Romanian,Ukrainian whatever women are any more beautiful than women from other European(or non eu) countries. There's beautiful and "ugly" everywhere. The creepy old ugly western men who have a eastern European female fetish often do cause they think eastern European woman are submissive fragile beings who think man are Superior to their female sex. Well of the eastern European young women I have met. they were nothing like that. They wanted to study,travel not sit at home all day and popping out their 6th kid at 25.

I must have misunderstood, then ;) sorry. you're are correct in your observations though. There are some (read a small percentage) of women who would prefer the man to earn more than themselves, and eventually be a housewife, but most are independent and i definitely don't see them submissive, or thinking the man is superior. The older these women get the more they boss their male partners around xD . (i can't talk about gay women, as i don't know any personally, nor have i heard of any. they do exist, but since gay couples have no rights from a legal point of view... - oh, i only mentioned this because i didnt want people to think everyone is straight over here, lol. )