• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R General Discussion Thread

1230 posts in this topic

Posted

What's wrong with "best cafés"? I'm not a native English speaker so maybe that's why I'm not getting it, but I don't really see anything wrong with it? It reads like a generic blogpost/article title to me.

Like Qualle said, it's too generic so it doesn't really help with getting more searches online. Basically, Taylor isn't that big of a social personality to claim to know what the "best" cafes are. It goes in technical territory but if I were Taylor and just starting out a lifestyle magazine online, I would be more specific with the content.

Posted

lifestyle magazine? this smells of Tom. I bet her website is a part of his business

Posted

I’m really surprised how much the site from what I’ve seen from cached pages really does just look like a lifestyle blog. I hesitate to even say magazine because it’s so incredibly branded to her. Her recipes, her guide to Tokyo that is basically a quick summary every vid she ever did there. The “shop” seems like a big feature, wonder what on earth she’ll sell? Honestly kinda hoping for home decor. Only thing in the cached pages is a test “t-shirt” with a placeholder image.

Apparently toat can also be read as “to a t” am I the only one that didn’t make than connection? I’m sure there’s some other Taylor related reason for the name, still have no clue how the hell to pronounce it. 

Posted

Anyone who lives in Hong Kong will know immediately that this is just a straight COPY of the widely popular Sassy HK which is a lifestyle website with guides to the city. I made an account just to say this!!! 

Posted

Maybe they are renting it out the rest of the year as an airbnb? They can hire someone else to clean up the appartment and the door could be locked with a code and key 

Posted

So... Is it gonna be like her blog and get completely forgotten at some point?

Posted

I don’t know how to quote, but to see more cached pages type cache: before the url, so go to cache:toat.com 

Not sure if that only works on chrome? But from there, you can right click on links and copy the url to paste after cache: 

Not all pages are cached, but quite a few of them are. All of the articles are centered around things she already filmed, creating a backlog to populate the site. 

Here’s the Tokyo guide: cache:https://toat.com/blogs/travel/tokyo-japan-cityguide

As for being involved with BE, etc, toat uses the EIG Ltd address on FB which is also affiliated with Vivi HK and Non-no hk, as well as a shop called velvet online. Tom is really good at spinning up these “magazine” sites, but I’m not sure if the others are successful at all. It seems like Non-no is a franchise from non-no japan, but the hk version doesn’t have much social interaction from what I could tell. 

Annnnnd I feel like a creep now :D

Posted (edited)

She's going to kill her site speed with so many big pictures with such high KBs

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.43.15 PM.png

Edited by girlblunder

Posted (edited)

What I really dislike about her page is that she seems to use so many photos from other pages. That Tokyo guide is just all over the place, there are so many topics but it's all on one page and the photos are from other pages, private ones or even taken from her own IG stories and feed. There's city parts, food, shopping, nail/beauty stuff, food and hotels all in one and if all of the articles are like that, she won't attract much audience. There's just zero structure, feels like she just wrote down whatever came to her mind.

Edit: Let me add that I love how she talks about her own experiences at super expensive hotels, but then for AirBNB and capsule hotels she's like "I guess everyone who uses them loves them and here are two videos from other Youtubers because I wouldn't touch such things".

Edited by Qualle

Posted

What a super great time to launch a HK-focused luxury lifestyle zine!

Posted

Why? I'm guessing that's sarcasm because of everything that's going on? She's quiet on social media too

Posted

@Nanji21 ah no that wasn't sarcasm; she dropped the promo material for her business on her Instagram a few days ago and it was being discussed in her social media thread so that's why I directed someone asking about it to go to that thread.

Posted

@Nanji21 ah no that wasn't sarcasm; she dropped the promo material for her business on her Instagram a few days ago and it was being discussed in her social media thread so that's why I directed someone asking about it to go to that thread.

oh sorry my mistake then. My comment was about why it's the perfect time for her to launch her business