• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R General Discussion Thread

1230 posts in this topic

Posted

So Safiya released her other Hong Kong video and towards the end she mentions that she has been talking to Natalie for months about arranging the McDonald's party. Okay wow, so Taylor doesn't even plan anything herself?

I mean she is her assistant so.. She was hired to be the camerawoman, but quite often Taylor is filming by herself and just uses her as “assistant friend”, plus Taylor still edits videos by herself as far as we know, so Natalie needs something to do (?) . 

Posted

So Safiya released her other Hong Kong video and towards the end she mentions that she has been talking to Natalie for months about arranging the McDonald's party. Okay wow, so Taylor doesn't even plan anything herself?

That's fair imo, she doesn't speak the language and Nathalie gets paid to be an assistent. When she did FX make-up and dyed her hair, she had Nathalie fetch those supplies for her too. I'd rather have Natalie do her assistent-duties she was hired for and stay behind the camera.

Of course it's ridiculous she doesn't speak the language and thinks she needs an assistant, but that's beside the point.

Posted

I haven't been keeping up with Tay lately, has she revealed her bussiness yet? She said she was going to reveal it september/early octoberish iirc. :alpacaconfused:

Posted

I haven't been keeping up with Tay lately, has she revealed her bussiness yet? She said she was going to reveal it september/early octoberish iirc. :alpacaconfused:

Check over on the social media updates thread, she dropped some (presumably) promo material for her business on her instagram. :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Check over on the social media updates thread, she dropped some (presumably) promo material for her business on her instagram. :alpacaheadshake:

She posted like an hour after I asked this, great timing haha

thanks!

She posted like an hour after I asked this, great timing haha

thanks!

Posted

Has she ever followed up on her Canadian apartment that they bought? Because last year she said they "moved to Canada" and clearly, they are settling in HK. Did their apartment become one of the many that have been bought by foreign investors and left empty? 

Posted (edited)

Has she ever followed up on her Canadian apartment that they bought? Because last year she said they "moved to Canada" and clearly, they are settling in HK. Did their apartment become one of the many that have been bought by foreign investors and left empty? 

Yup. It's only their home when they're visiting Canada and they only stayed so long last winter because their current HK apartment wasn't done and they were renting the other space. I'm pretty sure they also struggled to properly secure a mortgage without the additional foreign buyer tax because at the time they weren't married and all that money is probably invested in Tom rather than Taylor.

That condo in Toronto is worth MILLIONS and it sits empty for most of the year.  

Edited by girlblunder

Posted

Yup. It's only their home when they're visiting Canada and they only stayed so long last winter because their current HK apartment wasn't done and they were renting the other space. I'm pretty sure they also struggled to properly secure a mortgage without the additional foreign buyer tax because at the time they weren't married and all that money is probably invested in Tom rather than Taylor.

That condo in Toronto is worth MILLIONS and it sits empty for most of the year.  

idk why they even bought it. if they're only in Canada for 1 month max out of the entire year, they can afford to rent a super upscale air BnB or even go to a 5 star hotel. surely having a property there is just a money sink at this point? or maybe it has a tax benefit for Tom or something, who knows.

Posted

idk why they even bought it. if they're only in Canada for 1 month max out of the entire year, they can afford to rent a super upscale air BnB or even go to a 5 star hotel. surely having a property there is just a money sink at this point? or maybe it has a tax benefit for Tom or something, who knows.

seriously i dont understand either! plus didnt they stay longer than usual in Canada due to Taylor grandpa passing? that's not a very long time to warrant living there considering the high property taxes. Canada has hiked up the property taxes for foreign persons but their new place could be under Taylor's name or even someone else in her family maybe? if the construction/renovation is done then the smart thing to do would be to rent it out during most of the year when they're not in Canada

Posted

🤔 I am not 100% sure but I remember that Taylor said in one of her videos that the main intention of buying this home was when taylor becomes pregnant (it was during her "i want to become pregnant now" phase) she wants to live in canada (near her family) and raise their child there. Since this did not happen yet and won't in the near future this home is just another "look! We have money" thing of them.

Posted

Best cafes? What type of cafes? She's been on social for so long you'd think she'd be able to articulate her wording a bit more if she's learned a bit about SEO. I think it would be best to hire a social expert to help her out. Her ideas were never the best.

Posted

Best cafes? What type of cafes? She's been on social for so long you'd think she'd be able to articulate her wording a bit more if she's learned a bit about SEO. I think it would be best to hire a social expert to help her out. Her ideas were never the best.

What's wrong with "best cafés"? I'm not a native English speaker so maybe that's why I'm not getting it, but I don't really see anything wrong with it? It reads like a generic blogpost/article title to me.

Posted

What's wrong with "best cafés"? I'm not a native English speaker so maybe that's why I'm not getting it, but I don't really see anything wrong with it? It reads like a generic blogpost/article title to me.

I think what they mean is that it's too generic. There are endless posts that describe something as "best", so choosing more specific words will attract a bigger audience. Like "the coziest cafés", "best cafés in this quarter of HK" or "my favourite cafés to work at in peace". There's just no way Taylor tried every single café in the whole city, so simply calling them "the best ones" is a bit meh. Making it more personal would embrace her audience and make her fans feel closer to her.