Taylor R General Discussion Thread

1052 posts in this topic

Posted

Was looking at a fashion magazine and found Taylors LV sneakers xD

20180407_174812.jpg

Posted

Was looking at a fashion magazine and found Taylors LV sneakers xD

20180407_174812.jpg

I hope Taylor doesn't see this picture... delete it before she gets any ideas lol

Posted

Taylor sent flowers for sharla for her birthday.

I'm not an english native speaker, but I don't think I have ever misunderstood "you're" and "your". Taylor is not a brilliant person indeed.

3AE40CF2-E97A-4110-8D55-5B9386FF9E7E.png

Posted

I'm not an english native speaker, but I don't think I have ever misunderstood "you're" and "your". Taylor is not a brilliant person indeed.

Could it be that the flower people wrote it wrong? Althou it's not the first time Taylor has made a mistake with your and you're...

Posted (edited)

This was super sweet of Taylor, just more evidence of how she's a way better friend to Sharla. TBH, this is a super common grammar mistake. Typically I write your/you're correctly but I'll catch an error every so often. I don't think it's that bad on Taylor's part as I'm sure she knows the difference. 

Edited by aureliaaurita
Adding note

Posted (edited)

Idk if this is a reach but this reminds me of Tay-Tay's thumbnail art style too...

20180427_132452.thumb.png.1c39b1e88baa3b

20180427_132553.thumb.png.95a309f0267e78

20180427_132618.thumb.png.65405ed7a8b992

Even her name is the same (im not trying to start discourse about her pls dont). Looks like Tay created her own asthetic lol. Thats just amusimg to me considering her own style is a mash up of other pop youtubers

Edited by East_of_Eden

Posted (edited)

Idk if this is a reach but this reminds me of Tay-Tay's thumbnail art style too...

20180427_132452.thumb.png.1c39b1e88baa3b

20180427_132553.thumb.png.95a309f0267e78

20180427_132618.thumb.png.65405ed7a8b992

Even her name is the same (im not trying to start discourse about her pls dont). Looks like Tay created her own asthetic lol. Thats just amusimg to me considering her own style is a mash up of other pop youtubers

I'm confused... why bring up Taylor B? Sure, they share the same name, but... Taylor B has consistent (or at least tries to have it) quality in her videos and is actually able to film decent vlogs about her every day life in Japan. She is far from being a snowflake.

Also she goes for pretty thumbnails or cute ones or those that actually show what the video is about, while Taylor R recently goes for the cringiest thumbnails ever. Or quirky ones. Or Tumblr ones. Just for the comparison:

taylor.thumb.png.aecd1abb62b7c6bb4f643d3

she seems to like Taylor R, so I don't know if she tried to take inspiration from her (although TayTay's content changes every 2nd week in quality and content-wise and image...) but I mean...  I'm going to be honest, I don't even know why we are discussing this.

Edited by Risa

Posted (edited)

confused... why bring up Taylor B? Sure, they share the same name, but... Taylor B has consistent (or at least tries to have it) quality in her videos and is actually able to film decent vlogs about her every day life in Japan. She is far from being a snowflake.

Also she goes for pretty thumbnails or cute ones or those that actually show what the video is about, while Taylor R recently goes for the cringiest thumbnails ever. Or quirky ones. Or Tumblr ones. Just for the comparison:

taylor.thumb.png.aecd1abb62b7c6bb4f643d3

she seems to like Taylor R, so I don't know if she tried to take inspiration from her (although TayTay's content changes every 2nd week in quality and content-wise and image...) but I mean...  I'm going to be honest, I don't even know why we are discussing this.

my intent was not to start talking about Taylor B as a person or creator. In fact, i didnt even click on her videos so i have no opinion on the quality of her content. The comment i made was strickly about the thumbnail art and how it reminded me of how taylor used to make her thumbnails.

i dont know if Taylor B is a snowflake (ill take your word for it that she isnt). I wasnt accusing her of anything. I just stumbled across her channel and it amused/surprised me to see evidence of Tay R's influence on the interwebs

Edited by East_of_Eden

Posted

my intent was not to start talking about Taylor B as a person or creator. In fact, i didnt even click on her videos so i have no opinion on the quality of her content. The comment i made was strickly about the thumbnail art and how it reminded me of how taylor used to make her thumbnails.

i dont know if Taylor B is a snowflake (ill take your word for it that she isnt). I wasnt accusing her of anything. I just stumbled across her channel and it amused/surprised me to see evidence of Tay R's influence on the interwebs

I think I checked that Taylor B has been on youtube longer than Taylor R (9 years) and other than her name there's nothing similar.

Posted

So it seems Taylor isn't listed as a model anymore? She used to have a profile (like a couple of months ago) for StarzPeople but doesn't anymore. I think it's fair to say she is not going to model anymore.

Posted

So it seems Taylor isn't listed as a model anymore? She used to have a profile (like a couple of months ago) for StarzPeople but doesn't anymore. I think it's fair to say she is not going to model anymore.

Mmm, in one of her recent vlogs she called herself a "semi-retired" model, but she hasn't really done modelling work for awhile. I think it's safe to say that her career in HK is never going to be as successful as it was the first time around. 

Posted

Man >.< I used to lovelovelove watching Taylor's content, but anymore I am so dreadfully bored by the stuff she has been putting out. She's trying too hard and feels like she is in it just for the money. She got an assistant but like, for what???? I think she is/was just lonely in HK. But I hate the new "series" she is doing on Friday's. Foodie something? It feels like a bad 90's sitcom that is poorly done. Maybe that's the vibe she is going for??

Hate to say it, but I miss old "Tay Tay". Like, two years ago Taylor.

Posted

Man >.< I used to lovelovelove watching Taylor's content, but anymore I am so dreadfully bored by the stuff she has been putting out. She's trying too hard and feels like she is in it just for the money. She got an assistant but like, for what???? I think she is/was just lonely in HK. But I hate the new "series" she is doing on Friday's. Foodie something? It feels like a bad 90's sitcom that is poorly done. Maybe that's the vibe she is going for??

Hate to say it, but I miss old "Tay Tay". Like, two years ago Taylor.

I feel you boo :( It's ridiculous to miss someone who even wasn't real (the old-Taylor) but I miss watching her vlogs when she just scrolled around Tokyo doing her own thing, styling her hair nicely, wearing something cute but tomboyish, looking like a model and just being comfortable and close with her viewers. Now she's taken such a huge leap away from that, she's not personal anymore, it's all about making weird things, weird faces, acting "cringy" and weird... Just being super weird! And not in a good way.

The foodie thing is a mix for me. Her intro is really monotoned and it doesn't spark my interest but I've been watching them. I do appreciate she has guests with her but still somethings off. Don't know what but just something.

I have loved a couple of her videos this year but in 2015-2016 I really enjoyed watching her most of the time. Then there were other things that bothered me about her (lying about who she is mostly) but her content was good.

Posted

I feel you boo :( It's ridiculous to miss someone who even wasn't real (the old-Taylor) but I miss watching her vlogs when she just scrolled around Tokyo doing her own thing, styling her hair nicely, wearing something cute but tomboyish, looking like a model and just being comfortable and close with her viewers. Now she's taken such a huge leap away from that, she's not personal anymore, it's all about making weird things, weird faces, acting "cringy" and weird... Just being super weird! And not in a good way.

The foodie thing is a mix for me. Her intro is really monotoned and it doesn't spark my interest but I've been watching them. I do appreciate she has guests with her but still somethings off. Don't know what but just something.

I have loved a couple of her videos this year but in 2015-2016 I really enjoyed watching her most of the time. Then there were other things that bothered me about her (lying about who she is mostly) but her content was good.

Right? I still watch all of her vids as well, but I miss her roaming Tokyo just doing life even if she wasn't doing anything super outrageous. I wish things didn't feel so forced. I still think she's a good human, but maybe is feeling a little lost with her channel or herself and is trying to find her place again while being in HK. Maybe she felt moving back to HK her life would be as it was the first time she was there and since it's not she is scrambling to find a comfort in what she is doing? Ah, idk if I'm making sense haha I hope she goes back to her old style of vlogging!

Posted

Right? I still watch all of her vids as well, but I miss her roaming Tokyo just doing life even if she wasn't doing anything super outrageous. I wish things didn't feel so forced. I still think she's a good human, but maybe is feeling a little lost with her channel or herself and is trying to find her place again while being in HK. Maybe she felt moving back to HK her life would be as it was the first time she was there and since it's not she is scrambling to find a comfort in what she is doing? Ah, idk if I'm making sense haha I hope she goes back to her old style of vlogging!

I know what you mean and others have speculated this also. It really seems as if she's searching for something that can't be found it can only be made. She wants fame and money and fans but when she gets that she's not satisfied and wants more. She's tried to change who she is, where she lives, what she does and in the end she falls back to being a nobody and doing nothing. This is going to sound bad but I kinda wish she would leave E-san. Something tells me he's the one making her uncomfortable in her own skin and making all these life decisions for her that she doesn't want. Sure, she gets to live a comfortable life with him but she doesn't seem happy. She's lonely.

I'm not going to write an essay here but I do wish she would go back to Japan and vlog there again. She could get an entertainment visa from Youtube and even do some modeling still. Maybe not a lot but maybe just a little.