• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Taylor R General Discussion Thread

875 posts in this topic

Posted

Can we really trust Vexxed tho?...

I heard he had drama with Venus but never really knew what happened...

Posted

1. I am skeptical of anything Vexxed produces

2. Forgive me if I'm reading the graphs incorrectly, but what I see is a highly varied income range, and the occasional 'big hit' video producing more money which is a very inconsistent way of making money.

3. In the course of about 4-5 months, he made $46k, but there was a peak in July when he 'exposed' Venus and the video has now got over 1.6m views:

Screen_Shot_2017-01-12_at_4.54.07_PM.thu

His statistics are not similar to Taylor's; Vexxed produces 1-2 videos a month that now hit above 1m views, Taylor generates ~25 videos a month, some of which break the 100k mark but many do not. Her videos also only break the 100k mark after a few days have passed, whereas Vexxed claims that he can break 1m+ views within 12 hours. How do we make assumptions for Taylor's statistics from Vexxed's statistics when they aren't inherently similar?

Summary: statistics are inconsistent, numbers are inconclusive, I don't really trust Vexxed, but I guess 400k subs generates more income than we initially thought?

Posted (edited)

1. I am skeptical of anything Vexxed produces

2. Forgive me if I'm reading the graphs incorrectly, but what I see is a highly varied income range, and the occasional 'big hit' video producing more money which is a very inconsistent way of making money.

3. In the course of about 4-5 months, he made $46k, but there was a peak in July when he 'exposed' Venus and the video has now got over 1.6m views:

Screen_Shot_2017-01-12_at_4.54.07_PM.thu

His statistics are not similar to Taylor's; Vexxed produces 1-2 videos a month that now hit above 1m views, Taylor generates ~25 videos a month, some of which break the 100k mark but many do not. Her videos also only break the 100k mark after a few days have passed, whereas Vexxed claims that he can break 1m+ views within 12 hours. How do we make assumptions for Taylor's statistics from Vexxed's statistics when they aren't inherently similar?

Summary: statistics are inconsistent, numbers are inconclusive, I don't really trust Vexxed, but I guess 400k subs generates more income than we initially thought?

Yep! I agree. They dont have comparable views/methodology BUT with the amount of videos Taylor pushes out + 400K subscribers+ taking into account the compounding of views her videos receive by just existing over time = we can surmise that she gets decent revenue from YouTube (at least more than we initially thought).

Even if she gets $100 a day thats $3K a month which is more than enough to cover any shopping she does (since elbow-san pays for rent and other things).  A base number I've seen floating around is that YouTube pays you $2-$3 per 1,000 views on average.

At least it provides a bit of a clearer picture than social blade (where the max/min are ridiculous). 

Edited by dirty_bento_boxxy

Posted (edited)

Yep! I agree. They dont have comparable views/methodology BUT with the amount of videos Taylor pushes out + 400K subscribers+ taking into account the compounding of views her videos receive by just existing over time = we can surmise that she gets decent revenue from YouTube (at least more than we initially thought).

Even if she gets $100 a day thats $3K a month which is more than enough to cover any shopping she does (since elbow-san pays for rent and other things).  A base number I've seen floating around is that YouTube pays you $2-$3 per 1,000 views on average.

At least it provides a bit of a clearer picture than social blade (where the max/min are ridiculous). 

well on social blade isn't minimum like 10,000? That's really enough for her shopping. (Oh god I misread that! I thought you said yearly! I meant 10k yearly not monthly) 

Edited by Cherrypopper
Misunderstanding

Posted

well on social blade isn't minimum like 10,000? That's really enough for her shopping 

its 840.

Posted (edited)

its 840.

yearly? Dang there is a wide gap! (By the way, why  the downvotes, I'm not saying she could buy her house and plane tickets with that.) 

EDIT:  I looked back at our posts and lol when you said 3k you meant monthly but I read it as yearly and I thought the yearly was like 10k so that's why I said 10k lol!!

Edited by Cherrypopper
i made a mistake lol!

Posted

Been a long time since I posted something here..

I knew that Taylor isn't the smartes girl(can't blame here with that family) But the 1488 video really made me angry. Gurl trying to make money so bad I'm shocked that nobody realized that she already responded via Twitter about the Nazi background of those numbers..(or maybe just deleting those haturr comments)

And saw her brother doing the Nazi salute that was fucking disgusting he can be the hottest dude on the planet but doing stuff like that makes you go from 10 to -10000 real fast. 

Just wondering what the job of her 'youtube manager' is..I hope he's not the one coming up with those exciting video ideas.

I've recently noticed that her downvotes quite increased in the past few months or am I making up stuff?

(Can't even enjoy her videos anymore to imagine myself living like a rich spoiled brat in Tokyo. I don't need to watch somebody change their bedsheets. No, thanks. //finished with the salt) 

Posted

yearly? Dang there is a wide gap! (By the way, why  the downvotes, I'm not saying she could buy her house and plane tickets with that.) 

EDIT:  I looked back at our posts and lol when you said 3k you meant monthly but I read it as yearly and I thought the yearly was like 10k so that's why I said 10k lol!!

840 (monthly) x 12 is $10,080 (yearly) so technically you are both right ^^ 

Posted (edited)

guys, I wish that taylor could tell about her plastic surgerys, because I want do this too, and like her ( like her more slim face and soft cheek). I guess a lot of people want this too, and this would absolutely help us. :alpacaworry::alpacaworry: *PS just a thought :'(

Edited by rosemaria

Posted

guys, I wish that taylor could tell about her plastic surgerys, because I want do this too, and like her ( like her more slim face and soft cheek). I guess a lot of people want this too, and this would absolutely help us. :alpacaworry::alpacaworry: *PS just a thought :'(

if you're serious about doing it you can always go to the surgeon and show them her photo

they can tell you what she has done from experience

and what she's done will not necessarily be what you need (eg she may have cheek fillers in certain areas and in order for you to achieve something similar you will need less or more fillers or fat grafting in different areas depending on your own facial structure)

Posted

Has Taylor ever taken any public transport in Japan? She is in a taxi wherever she goes, sometimes even just to the supermarket. I know that she has enough money...I think Japan's trains are sort of famous world wide and many tourists would be excited and wanna try out (especially Shin Kan sen), but it seems for all those time she's stayed in Japan, I never see Taylor taking a train in any of the videos??? 

Posted

Has Taylor ever taken any public transport in Japan? She is in a taxi wherever she goes, sometimes even just to the supermarket. I know that she has enough money...I think Japan's trains are sort of famous world wide and many tourists would be excited and wanna try out (especially Shin Kan sen), but it seems for all those time she's stayed in Japan, I never see Taylor taking a train in any of the videos??? 

i remember she took the shinkansen when shooting a drama a while back, but that's the only time i've seen evidence besides those pics of her on a train recently. 

i absolutely love the subway system in tokyo (except at rush hour), so relaxing.

Posted (edited)

i think i'm not the only one think like that; Taylor should keep make more recipe,nutrition,exercise videos
better than her empty vlogs at least it has meaningful contents

Edited by Dooom
bad english lol

Posted

I agree she should go live in a western country. She lives the expat life in Japan, meaning even though she is there, she still lives in her small western bubble. 

Where did her brother do a Hitler salute? Can anyone show me?

Posted (edited)

I agree she should go live in a western country. She lives the expat life in Japan, meaning even though she is there, she still lives in her small western bubble. 

Where did her brother do a Hitler salute? Can anyone show me?

I believe he was imitating a scene from the film Eurotrip... regardless, Taylor should have edited it out.

http://i.imgur.com/uUg0s7A.gifv

Edited by Phantom