• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Taylor R General Discussion Thread

875 posts in this topic

Posted

@lisa  That's true, work should actually not keep her away from posting selfies! She did it before and why not now? Btw she also posted a picture on a train, showing that it is snowing outside, but deleted it. I think because it was not snowing in Tokyo at this time, she didnt want to reveal that she was traveling? Thats just my assumption ;) (or maybe it was just the photo quality)

xD I Like your tip for Taylor. Maybe she will use it for the next time ;)

Posted

I was gonna post in the social media thread, but maybe here will be better.

I wonder if Taylor buys subscribers/ likes? I think we brought it up before, when her YT hit 100k subs kinda fast.

YT: 171k subs
FB: 315k likes
Insta: 134k followers

I feel like her Twitter is the only one that doesn't seem suspicious; she has 8k followers (not even 10k). Maybe she doesn't think twitter matters as much as YT Insta & FB? Or it could just be that YT FB and Insta are her main channels that she's targetting, so she puts more effort into those, ergo she . :lamaheadshake: I also think there might be someone who manages her social media for her; maybe her manager.

Weibo she has 32k fans, but idk how good that is for Weibo (I can't use it b/c I don't have a mainland China number). :alpacadone:

Posted (edited)

@redbowkiki I thought that too! For example her IG. Although she has 135k follower, her pics get only around 5000 likes (Sharla for example also gets around 5000 likes for her pictures, and she has around 60k follower). Taylors account reminds me alot of Venus' IG account --> almost the same amount of follower and likes. And we know that Venus buys some of her follower. And some of Taylors pics on FB get mor than 10 000 likes while other pics get only between 3000-5000 likes (or less!). But I dont know. For example I follow Marzia on IG and she has 3.5m follower and gets "only" between 100 000 and 300 000 likes for her pictures. It's really weird isn't it?
But what we all know is that Taylor has many "Robot-Accounts" following her because she gets alot of japanese spam comments under her pictures. ;)

By the way somebody on facebook said (or guessed?) she is filming again (you can find the picture at the end of my post). That would explain why she was travelling with the train again (the picture she deleted). But on the other hand, why being so quite about it? (Still prefer the surgery theory because it makes the most sense ;) )

Sorry, Venus pic is haunting me xD

ve1.png

tay.png

Edited by *horizon*

Posted

I think maybe starring in a video with Sharla might have been one of the reasons for her increase in subscribers. That's how I found out about her at least.

Also I think with things like follower/like ratio it really depends, I don't think there's one standard that can measure for this, I just think some people get more likes per follower than others. For example I know someone with a 250k twitter followers that gets about 1,000 retweets/likes per tweet, and someone with 100k followers that gets about 8k retweets/likes. You never really know.

Posted

Maybe buying followers, but my guess is that she only paid advertisement. 100% she paid for something, but I think it was only ads. Ads on FB will also bring some amount of followers to other accounts.

FB advertisement brings A LOT of followers, much much more than you can think.

If you already have 10k followers (so your FB reach is bigger), just one boost for 5$ can bring you new few thousands of followers. Especially in this type of market, since it's even not buying a product.

If she spent only 100$, she could get 50k of followers, or more. Depents on the settings of her FB. For her, the main targets in settings would be: USA, Canada, JP (but I can see she was not using the last one wisely since she didn't get many followers from JP). Age range 15-25 female, 45-55 male. Interested in: beauty, makeup, fashion.

Tip for anybody who wants more fans like Marco: spend 5$ for this (has to be public FB page), and you'll get love for life

Posted

Article about Taylor :harharplz:

taz.png

Posted

I don't know if this was posted before  (as it's quite olds) but I just saw this on Nuehle's instagram.

Screenshot_2016-01-19-09-25-43-1.png

Posted

@milkyu I can't see your second screenshot (it's broken), so I'm not sure if I'm reposting what you did in my post. A lot of screen caps are broken lately on PULL. :alpacaworry2:

Z3GulEJ.png

If anyone can't see it: http://i.imgur.com/Z3GulEJ.png

Posted

@redbowkiki yes! That's exactly what I posted! 

((And sorry for the broken screenshot , was my first time posting images through mobile))

Posted

@redbowkiki yes! That's exactly what I posted! 

((And sorry for the broken screenshot , was my first time posting images through mobile))

ahaha I guessed correctly xD idk how anyone can think Taylor actually looks like her shopped self lol.

& I don't think it's you, because I've been seeing broken images/ images that won't load on PULL lately? :Alpacaconfused:

Posted

Holy Crap.

It is definitely not edited by her because she looks... I'll be nice, she doesn't look good.

Posted

I hope everybody can see the difference to her own videos (sorry for the bad comparison)

tay4.png

I thought she actually looks quite cute in some of those shots? And to be she doesn't look that different here. Her face doesn't look bloated or anything (could just be hair covering them though), she's actually quite good to me.

Posted

I thought she actually looks quite cute in some of those shots? And to be she doesn't look that different here. Her face doesn't look bloated or anything (could just be hair covering them though), she's actually quite good to me.

I think she calmed down the editing alot. But what I meant was more like that people wrote many times how perfect her hair was (in other videos too, not just my comaprison pic), and her make up etc etc. And in some videos (not in all I have to admit) she just made a perfect setting, and it looks like she puts on more make up etc. (I'm aware that other youtuber do that too ;) ) So people shouldnt think she looks like that 24 hours a day ;)

And (here comes here own phrase xD ) with normal dailylight, she looks like a girl next door. ;)

In her newest video she looks more comfy, but I realised she is still moving a little bit stiff and is wearing a hood in many scenes. So she is still covering something up maybe?

Posted

This is how I see the difference:

With editing she has as many followers as she has now.

awothout editing, people would say "ok, cute" but would not follow. Because she doesn't look anything like an angel or a real doll unedited. Ok, considering all makeup, hairstyle, poses, clothes, cute, but average face to be completely honest.

If I discovered her now and see the unedited face, she would not catch my attention.