• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jasmine Sean

589 posts in this topic

Posted

isn't screen time for babies something that's not recommended? 

that's what I'm thinking too. Especially at such a young age. I heard it can cause seizures for babies. 

Posted

that's what I'm thinking too. Especially at such a young age. I heard it can cause seizures for babies. 

No, that’s not true. Television exposure before 18 months can cause language development problems and sleep problems but not seizures. 

That’s like saying vaccines cause Autism. 

Posted

No, that’s not true. Television exposure before 18 months can cause language development problems and sleep problems but not seizures. 

As my old biology teacher once said "It's the dose that makes the poison". We don't know how long the screentime is so it's harhard to say if it's damaging or not. Plus, I think the fetishization of her daufhter's race is the bigger problem here. If she ends up raising her daughter to believe that she is only the sum of her ethnicities and lying to her daughter just like she lies to everyone else, that will create more lasting damage. Can you imagine her at parent teacher conferences lying to the teachers? And then people might have doubts about her daughter's identity because her mom can't tell the truth.

Posted

okay. That's just what I heard. Either way I still think her daughter is too young to be watching YouTube videos. 

Posted (edited)

I think nowadays, so many children/babies are put in front of the television or Computer. Not that it can be detrimental, but I think a little bit of screen time is alright. Maybe Jasmine needed to get something important done (job applications should be top on her list) and it would be difficult to get done with a baby.

Personally, I think if she got her child into language classes (obviously not at her young age now, but when she's older) it would be beneficial. A little random to want her child to learn Korean, but ok, I still am pro-language learning regardless of the langauge since it's not only awesome to be able to converse with people of different cultures, but it's also very stimulating for the brain. But to teach her child at home in a language she herself is not fluent in (or even able to hold a basic conversation in) is ridiculous. Like, what does she think she's even helping with showing her daughter cartoons in Korean?? If she had subtitles on and was watching some sort of film or series in Korean to help herself (Jasmine) learn the language and her baby wanted to watch too, that's fine, but by putting on cartoons in Korean, specifically for the child, I mean really...just stop

Bonus side story: I am a native English speaker, but live in a non-English speaking country. I was in a café when I overheard a mother talking to her child in English. It attracted my attention because her grammar and pronounciation was just so bad. She was with a friend who was vErY iMpReSsEd that she's teaching her own child two langauges...and I just sat there like "are you fucking kidding me." 

Edited by rootbranch
spelling and grammar lolol

Posted

Wow I just stumbled upon this thread and all of it is just so sad.

I mean, the little girl IS half Korean at the end of the day so she has every right to be in touch with her heritage and know about her culture BUT do I think her mother should be the one teaching her these things? No I don’t. Regardless if this Jasmine girl is half Korean or not (which I don’t think she is because there’s enough evidence to prove she isn’t) she didn’t grow up in Korea and she barely speaks any Korean so it’s not her place to teach her child because her knowledge is basically at ground 0. That responsibility falls to the father and his family and if he doesn’t want to be involved then Jasmine should just teach her child about being Canadian. Plus what child would want to learn about a culture etc that comes from their fathers side, when their father abandoned them? That’s just painful and unnecessary imo.

It’s clear this Jasmine girl has an extreme fetish for Korea and everything related to it and I don’t understand why she has to refer to her child as HALF KOREAN all the damn time. It’s like that’s the only value she sees in her daughter. She’s setting her daughter up for a life of thinking being fetishised is a good thing and honestly she isn’t ready to be a mother if that’s how she’s going to parent.

The girl really needs to wake up and show her daughter that her race doesn’t define her... and that she is so much more than the “kOrEaN” blood that runs through her veins. Periodt. 

Posted

some kids actually can learn a language by watching tv , I know a boy who learned German that way .

But there's a problem, even if Luna does learn Korean, who is she even going to interact with in Korean? She's too young and I doubt she's gonna meet Korean friends soon .

I'm also all for learning languages , but mother teaching her daughter Korean (when she doesn't know it herself) just because she has a fetish is disgusting tbh

Posted

some kids actually can learn a language by watching tv , I know a boy who learned German that way .

But there's a problem, even if Luna does learn Korean, who is she even going to interact with in Korean? She's too young and I doubt she's gonna meet Korean friends soon .

I'm also all for learning languages , but mother teaching her daughter Korean (when she doesn't know it herself) just because she has a fetish is disgusting tbh

Watching tv alone won't be enough for meaningful input. Luna would need to interact with fluent/native speakers to actually acquire korean properly! If Jasmine is serious about teaching Luna Korean, she should take some lessons herself, and enroll Luna in some baby Korean classes later on.  But that takes actual effort and money so knowing Jasmine, it's not going to happen.

Posted

Feels like Mazelee's husband who has a tenuous grasp of Korean but still wanna teach it to his kids...? You should understand when you're out of your depth and let someone else take the wheel.

I'd never teach Spanish to my kid if I was a single Mom just because I like the language and can understand like 3 basic sentences.

Hope Jazz will quickly get a grip and do better for Luna.

Posted (edited)

Duplicate. 

Edited by AbbyWanKenobi
Duplicate

Posted (edited)

So did Jasmine drop Luna on her head? She can't walk yet so it's unlikely she did this to herself. Not even sure if she can crawl. Either way, poor baby

Screenshot_20190702-214802_Instagram.jpg

Edited by AbbyWanKenobi

Posted

So did Jasmine drop Luna on her head? 

Yup.

I know accidents happen, but I've never heard of something like that. I personally know people whose babies fell from beds, sofas, etc, but never heard of anyone dropping their kid

20190703_121738.jpg

Posted

So did Jasmine drop Luna on her head? 

Yup.

I know accidents happen, but I've never heard of something like that. I personally know people whose babies fell from beds, sofas, etc, but never heard of anyone dropping their kid

20190703_121738.jpg