• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Spechie

669 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(I'm genuinely surprised she doesn't have a thread yet)
Spechie

spechie-2.jpg

YouTube I Instagram I Twitter I Shop  I Patreon

Spechie is an American 'animation' YouTuber, born in 1999. Recently she has been under fire by a lot of other channels, criticizing her for a wide variety of things, mainly her attitude.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issues:

Art-wise:

• Does not accept critique on her drawings, besides them being mediocre at best.
    • When someone points out the flaws in her work, she often just assumes these people must know no shit about art, which includes one of her art teachers, who has been too bloody art college and has a degree in art. 
  • Profiles her channel as an animation channel, despite barely animating anything in her video's. 90% of the video's are the same talking sprite of hers that barely changes expression. And when she makes a drawing specific for a video, they're often bad and blatantly lazy (watch this at the time stamp).
    • Or the art is bad AND heavily referenced.
    • Or in the worst case, straight-up traced.
  • Has a screwed up anatomy.
  • Her characters either suffer terribly from same face syndrome or she traces her own images (you can literally overlap her drawings).
  • Despite being such an amazing and successful artist she rarely uploads anything other than headshots in the same angle with no or a sloppy BG.
  • Is extremely narcissistic about her drawings, despite them being flawed. Don't get me wrong, I still like her artstyle, especially the sketchy style she uses for her video's. But her finished paintings are... meh.
  • Has referenced or traced some of her drawings. I guess I'll just drop this here if you want an example.
  • Blocks people if they prove she traces her stuff
  • Also has the lamest comebacks when ppl call her out. Like. girl. What.
  • I mean honestly just the sole fact she traces on a regular base should be enough to cancel this kid in 2019.
  • Seems to think drawing is superior to other forms of art.
  • Her art is pretty inconsistent. This is especially noticable in her sprites. Heck, even her eyebrows change shape and thickness.

Note: I still don't think Spechie is a bad artist. But her attitude doesn't suit her level. AT ALL.

Bullying:

• Admits bullying one of her classmates when she was a kid, in 'I was a weird kid', but plays it off as funny and quirky.
    • She just really hard tries to appeal to weebs with tsundere tropes here, to be fair.
  • Used to have a video dedicated to two 'cringy' people at her school.
    • Despite not calling any names, she was that specific with the details about them that the girl 'Mandy' got bullied for it.
    • This 'Mandy' also told she did not even know who Spechie was (assuming the all great Spechie was a big nobody at school) and that a big part about her was exaggerated and/or untrue.
    • Spechie refused to take the video down, as she did not give out personal information of the people in their video, despite their parents threatening to sue her, because their kids got bullied over it.
    • Instead, she made a video about how her school tried to sue her xP, which only shows she has no idea of how bitchy she can be
  • Made a vid about how being overweight affected her self-image, yet continues to body and fatshame other people in video's and apparently on her discord server.
    • She also doesn't seem overweight
    • And has never stated her weight
    • I still think it's terrible she got fatshamed as a kid, tho
  • Was very likely a victim of bullying herself, as a lot of things point out to her being the friendless loner at school, that ended up getting an edgy phase online because they were a ball of frustration.

Overall Attitude:

• She's not like the other girls.
  • Will really often diss other women for the sake of looking good. Remember guys, she's the cool girl.
  • Did I already mention she is NOT like the other girls. She's special and better than those snakes.
  • Tries really hard to be edgy.
  • This extremely terrible, off-key and badly autotuned cover shows how little she can self-reflect.
  • Has been reported to be extremely socially awkward IRL tho.
  • Despite being self-diagnosed depressed, she writes depression off as some teenage thing that's often not depression and where you need to get over.
  • Can't take a joke.
  • Will block you for anything that'd imply your against her.
  • Generally she's just a kid with no friends, that tries to act like she don't care, but she's just very lonely.
  • Whines a lot.
    • For example, howls over getting STEM-orientated subjects at a... wait for it... STEM school. Like, jee, who would've expect that.
    • People who went to her school also mentioned she's exaggerating everything.
  • Dates a guy that has a reaction channel where he bitched on people Spechie included in her 'friend' list such as Wolfychu.
  • This... Just this
  • Is really transparent about some things, such as desperately wanting a boyfriend, by constantly bringing up how she doesn't need one.

Income:

• Will constantly mention how successful she is, compared to other, stupid peasants.
    • Not with those words ofc, lmao
  • Example of her entitled attitude (yes I'm using a repost because I don't want her to get extra views lol)
  • Has a merch shop with overprised clothing with terrible designs
    • Asks like 40 bucks for something you could 'design' yourself in 8 seconds.
  • Has very little patreons compared to followers.
    • Which is probably because the tiers are shit
  • Monetizes video's that are so-called genuine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Baby Pink

Posted (edited)

Didn't she also make a video about how kids who want to avoid being bullied should just become boring? 

Like yeah. Totally solid advice coming from the admitted bully whose refusing to get rid of a video that talks shit about people and gives enough info about them that one of the kids is getting bullied over it. 

Edited by CareyAisha
I meant avoid bullying not getting over bullying

Posted

Didn't she also make a video about how kids who want to avoid being bullied should just become boring? 

Like yeah. Totally solid advice coming from the admitted bully whose refusing to get rid of a video that talks shit about people and gives enough info about them that one of the kids is getting bullied over it. 

Holy sh- I totally missed that? Ngl the more I dig into this girl, the more crap I find about her? 

Posted

Holy sh- I totally missed that? Ngl the more I dig into this girl, the more crap I find about her? 

Yeah. 

Also in the video repost you linked,which was more of a commentary and really it's under free speech so if she takes his video down she can go into the trash with the furfun guy and Digital Homicide, He actually pointed something out. She totally did put a picture of the girl. Cause she put in their icon,which turned out to be literally a picture of the girl. 

Like doesn't she know you want things perfect privacy you hid icons too. 

Posted

If you want to link her videos but not give her the views or ad revenue, use hooktube instead by replacing 'youtube' with 'hooktube' in the url. Since she's taking down reuploads and some of the videos you linked might disappear. :alpacaheadshake:

I've heard about her through Simply Dad's rant. She IS a bully, whether she was once bullied or not it doesn't justify her actions against others who can't fight back. She's so unrelatable and unlikable, and she obviously doesn't feel sorry for any of her actions against the people she's harassed.

Posted

If you want to link her videos but not give her the views or ad revenue, use hooktube instead by replacing 'youtube' with 'hooktube' in the url. Since she's taking down reuploads and some of the videos you linked might disappear. :alpacaheadshake:

I've heard about her through Simply Dad's rant. She IS a bully, whether she was once bullied or not it doesn't justify her actions against others who can't fight back. She's so unrelatable and unlikable, and she obviously doesn't feel sorry for any of her actions against the people she's harassed.

Thanks for the advice! <3 I'll look into it!

Yeah, I initially found out about her through rants. I'm surprised I never heard about her, considering I subbed a ton of her friends apparently. 

Posted

I’ve never heard of this person, but they sound like a mean bully who doesn’t deserve their instafame. Definitely snowflake material. 

Posted

Honestly one of the most annoying things about this person is how just,hypocritical she is. 
One moment shes making fun of a guy in gym whose got 'moobs' and complaining everyone in her school is fat in one video while she tweets out how fatshaming is bad and making fun of people's weight makes you scum.  Specially when you claim to be overweight while drawing ur self all pretty and skinny 

Her hate for her (2nd non forced to teach art) art teacher too is just. Sad.   OH boo hoo you had to do non 2d art. That's literally like,most of art classes that aren't for a speific type of art?? You failed cause you didn't do the assignments. Don't blame the art teacher for you being a bitch who couldn't get her head out her ass. I bet the art teacher didn't even say drawing sucked. I bet she just pointed out they'd be doing more than just drawings cause it's all art. From all the art classes I've taken and will take we had to sketch things out first anyway. Was that not enough drawing? Hell art classes usually has you do daily sketches anyway for a grade. 

I'd fucking pay for the chance to get all the art criticism she has got.  Shes got people showing up with redraws and redlines and tips out the wazoo and she just complains about it? 
Giiiiirl just try things! 

Shes one of those people who abuses tags to get views. 

The part i'm talking about is 2:21 
Nothing like trying to ride on someone else's fame huh Spechie baby? 

Posted

Spechie is super cringy, and I think it's hilarious that she supposedly blocks people.

Posted

Her hate for her (2nd non forced to teach art) art teacher too is just. Sad.   OH boo hoo you had to do non 2d art. That's literally like,most of art classes that aren't for a speific type of art?? You failed cause you didn't do the assignments. Don't blame the art teacher for you being a bitch who couldn't get her head out her ass. I bet the art teacher didn't even say drawing sucked. I bet she just pointed out they'd be doing more than just drawings cause it's all art. From all the art classes I've taken and will take we had to sketch things out first anyway. Was that not enough drawing? Hell art classes usually has you do daily sketches anyway for a grade. 

Slightly OT but this is the most common issue I see among other YT artists who say that their art teachers hate them because they draw in 2D or anime only, and in very rare cases are there personal vendettas involved. She chose to let her grade tank because her pride wouldn't let her do what what was expected of her over what SHE wanted. Of course her art teacher is going to get frustrated with her because she's non-compliant! [INCOMING ART STUDENT RANT]

She doesn't have a say in whether she wants to do non 2D art in an art class because the other 90% of the people in that class have probably never seen the color wheel in their life and they're barely learning basic anatomy and shading. Oh you taught yourself to draw? Good for you do you want a fucking cookie? You don't get special treatment over the other students. The drawings and specific 3D art style are a GUIDELINE for other students to follow, her included even if she doesn't like it. We all had to do the fruit bowl drawing and we all had to make color charts because it was an assignment and it was going to be graded. She could have used all that drawing experience to her advantage and complete what her art teacher expected, but instead she sat and pouted like a child. If she wanted free reign, she could have stayed and taken more advanced courses where you're allowed to draw what you want for a higher grade, but she whined when she didn't get what she wanted and she left. She could have benefited from the classes because her art and anatomy are fucking atrocious. She isn't Michelangelo. She isn't Van Gogh. She can't even be compared to any respectable artist because she's spiteful and full of shit and lies about others to make herself look like a victim. She's already been exposed by other people who went to the same school as she did, they called her out for her lying about the art teachers there and ruining their reputations. I hope she doesn't plan on applying to any art schools because once they see her portfolio and videos she will become a laughingstock.

Posted (edited)

Oh boy a Spechie thread!  wonder if she'll come across this thread and grace us with her presence:harharplz:

This is a great video I watched awhile ago as to why her and her boyfriend's content is so bad if y'all wanna see it:

Personally, I just can't stand the two of them. They both come off as unlikable, hypocritical, edgy generic wannabes who everyone in the commentary/animation community can't stand. 

Edited by StrawberryMilk
someone help this girl she can't embed for shit D:

Posted

I didn't even know about her until these rant videos about her showed up. She does seem rude judging from what I heard about her but I'm also really not interested in her now that I checked out her channel and her video topics seem to be just like any other youtube artist channel. I like youtube artists when they bring up some topics that are interesting or relatable, but she seems to be talking about her personal life a lot and it would just be me listening to someone venting out their personal problems etc... idk, she just doesn't feel original or interesting to me?

Posted

FE24AED1-6CCF-4FC7-8485-CF1BF68AB023.jpeg

Posted

Oh boy a Spechie thread!  wonder if she'll come across this thread and grace us with her presence:harharplz:

Poor girl can't block an entire forum, what will she do with all this unjustified 'hate'

Posted (edited)

FE24AED1-6CCF-4FC7-8485-CF1BF68AB023.jpeg

by the way she rants about fat shaming and body positivity stuff i thought she's morbidly obese but tbh she's not even fat. she's definitely on the chubbier side, but i wouldn't call her fat.

Edited by serotonin deficiency
i cant english