• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

sacheu/Sarah Cheung

389 posts in this topic

Posted

I think she wouldn't last very long because she's not creative or skilled in anything beauty. She doesn't seem consistent either, doesn't have the work ethic and passion for it. Unless her life becames eventful and she has something to talk about or maybe become more a lifestyle channel.

She kinda has a bland personality. She doesn't need and shouldn't try to be funny or quirky because that's not her, it wouldnt work but she was more interesting in the beginning w/ the topics she choose to talk about, but because now she seems solely focused on being a beauty youtuber, she became bland and mostly relied on sex appeal.

And something about her aesthetics seem dreary? I like minimalism and i know that's part of her aesthetic too but why does it seem dull? Is it the lighting?

Her looks are just all looking like the same girl next door, natural, barely there makeup. Yeah that's the trend right now, but that's not fun to watch??

She has a very minimalistic aesthetic but she uses a lot of more higher end products to do a barely there look. A lot of Asian beauty YouTubers are doing that as if its a creative counter to bright glamor makeup

Posted (edited)

This reminds me of when she publicly shames people who have "wronged" her by posting their picture on her ig story 

20190818_234534_610.thumb.jpg.5dc7646a66

Sarah, you're not a "bad bitch"- you're just petty and immature. Being hot-headed is not a good look.

She's so thin-skinned, projecting insecurities onto other people. bragging about her looks and calling out haters probably make her feel powerful, but to the rest of us she just seems petty. I honestly don't think she'll last long as an influencer if she keeps up this unprofessional image 

^LOL this reminds me of Trihn's tweet that I saw the other day.

a8c70a75444511bebb620e74923e1d50.png

Edited by hirai

Posted

bet nobody was taking any goddamn pictures of her lmao

Posted (edited)

i just dont know what could possibly make anyone try and take sneaky pictures of her lol. i really doubt she had some crazy makeup or wig going on so??

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

Have you guys seen her in the Here For Every Beauty series? I saw a promo scrolling through insta and she looks a lot different than in her photos. It could be due to angles and lighting but I almost didn’t recognize her

Posted

She just dropped a wig video, people already calling out her hypocrisy. She tries to defend it saying that the only wigs she buys/wears are more expensive so that must = ethical. There is literally no way to make sure if mass produced human hair wigs are ethical.

68709199_858034644568530_648492232940191

Posted

Glad people are calling her out. the hypocrisy in maintaining a socially conscious persona while buying cheap human hair wigs... the shallowness jumped out

And the nails clicking in her intro is so annoying.

Posted

Glad people are calling her out. the hypocrisy in maintaining a socially conscious persona while buying cheap human hair wigs... the shallowness jumped out

And the nails clicking in her intro is so annoying.

Shes literally trying to be like every other ABG insta thot like the cognitive dissonance she has preaching abt being socially aware and yet not even researching where to buy ethically sourced hair

Posted

Shes literally trying to be like every other ABG insta thot like the cognitive dissonance she has preaching abt being socially aware and yet not even researching where to buy ethically sourced hair

She probably sees herself as some sort of "get you a girl who can do both" type of person, since she's "woke" and looks like an ABG. Well, she sorta used to be back when she discussed interesting topics other than beauty related ones. These days the only vibe I'm getting from her posts or videos is that she's so self-absorbed...?

Posted

I watched the video and the wigs turned out to by synthetic which...yeah for 20$. I do think the criticism is fair since she bought them with the intent for having human hair wigs and she still wants to buy human hair wigs. 

Tinfoil hat on: At the beginning of the video she shows pictures of wigs she's been wearing. They're eerily similar to the ones she bought on this website. I also went to see the pictures on her insta and she bought them all from amazon but won't link them because a lot of people are asking her because they look nice. She also says in the video that she spent the money knowing she would be scammed. 

wigs.thumb.JPG.9ac1159e033f808f018e3b35d

wigs_2.thumb.JPG.926a3f6c4f728bca1bbed22

Maybe she wanted another one? This is completely a tinfoil hat theory but I think the wigs she gets from Amazon are actual human hair wigs but she didn't want to tell anybody for this reason exactly, it's seen as unethical and bad for her "woke" image.  

She never links the wigs, she always buys from amazon, she said she was 99% sure that is was a scam but said she would use them if they were real human hair, she talks about how she still wants to get human hair wigs.  She knew that there was a high chance at these being fake because of the price but still was hoping (even if it was one percent) that these wigs would be human hair. 

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. I could be totally wrong but the criticism is still fair for her. 

Posted

Literally the only thing this girl knows how to relate to is sex... 

I’m not bashing her for being in touch with her sexuality but I’m 99% sure she talks about sex  much JUST for attention. It’s interesting to see her transformation from a seemingly well rounded individual to someone who only creates vapid, been-done-before content. She’s just another hypersexual clout chaser now.

but I guess sex sells, so 🤷🏽‍♀️

8B1CD3E8-13CA-477E-B29C-E86263AEB1C8.png

Posted

Literally the only thing this girl knows how to relate to is sex... 

I’m not bashing her for being in touch with her sexuality but I’m 99% sure she talks about sex  much JUST for attention. It’s interesting to see her transformation from a seemingly well rounded individual to someone who only creates vapid, been-done-before content. She’s just another hypersexual clout chaser now.

but I guess sex sells, so 🤷🏽‍♀️

8B1CD3E8-13CA-477E-B29C-E86263AEB1C8.png

i feel like she’s been talking about sex way more due to having a cis boyfriend. when she was dating trinh, her videos were good, normal AND different from the shitty influencer-copycat stuff she produces now.

i also feel like the pink wig reminds me of her doing the makeup look/photo of natalie portman due to the wig being around the same height/color scheme so another repetitive look with a wig she could’ve styled into something different/unique.

she’s becoming so cookie cutter and boring now that the influencer fame is getting to her head imo

Posted

i feel like she’s been talking about sex way more due to having a cis boyfriend. when she was dating trinh, her videos were good, normal AND different from the shitty influencer-copycat stuff she produces now.

i also feel like the pink wig reminds me of her doing the makeup look/photo of natalie portman due to the wig being around the same height/color scheme so another repetitive look with a wig she could’ve styled into something different/unique.

she’s becoming so cookie cutter and boring now that the influencer fame is getting to her head imo

Maybe she used to be nicer and socially aware since she was with Trinh, by doing stuff like being careful with the content she posted or whatever. Would it be also possible that maybe Trinh didn't like Sara being too open about sexual stuff and/or "vulgar"? Then now that she has a new bf, she's more free in her current relationship? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

Maybe she used to be nicer and socially aware since she was with Trinh, by doing stuff like being careful with the content she posted or whatever. Would it be also possible that maybe Trinh didn't like Sara being too open about sexual stuff and/or "vulgar"? Then now that she has a new bf, she's more free in her current relationship? :alpacaconfused:

We can only ever speculate but who she's with def influences what she does. W/ Trihn she was more well rounded, not very sexual (nothing wrong w/ that) and socially aware. This is my own experience obv, but Asian American boys dont tend to be the most socially aware so maybe that was something she couldnt talk abt or bond w/ her bf. Maybe that's why she's going the more IG thot route thats appealing to cishet guys but again its just speculation.

Posted (edited)

isnt the guy she's currently dating asian as well? unless she's moved onto someone else already

Edited by moonlight42