• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

sacheu/Sarah Cheung

91 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I agree that it's unfair to chalk up the body dismorphia because of Sarah. I only mentioned it because she promotes so much 'self-love' online, but then goes to do procedures lol 

Posted

i think it’s acceptable if she at first spread body positivity and suddenly did plastic surgery but stopped saying to “love your bodies”

But it’s unacceptable if she continues to spread body positivity of her own body after she did plastic surgeries and augmentations. That’s super hypocritical and that sends the younger audiences the wrong image and message after what she did 

Posted

i think it’s acceptable if she at first spread body positivity and suddenly did plastic surgery but stopped saying to “love your bodies”

But it’s unacceptable if she continues to spread body positivity of her own body after she did plastic surgeries and augmentations. That’s super hypocritical and that sends the younger audiences the wrong image and message after what she did 

How sway?

How is that unacceptable?

Hypocritical or not, now you're policing how someone can feel about their bodies because they did any cosmetic changes. If she's ENCOURAGING cosmetic changes, that's one thing - but to do them to herself on her body because she wanted to doesn't mean she needs to stop spreading body positive opinions.

Sksksks, what even -

Posted

I've watched some her videos and I liked her soft looks for makeup that don't take much effort sometimes. But I unsubscribed because I saw a vid she made about dieting with "intermittent" fasting. It kind of made me distraught because I had an eating disorder I recently kicked (I started skipping a lot of meals or reducing my food even though I was starving) so I kinda have mixed feelings for her content. (I also kinda dislike it when a skinny girl complains about being "fat")  I don't think you should be telling people that starving yourself is a good way to get the body you want; instead you should just be talking about moderation, healthy food choices, and exercise.

Posted

I've watched some her videos and I liked her soft looks for makeup that don't take much effort sometimes. But I unsubscribed because I saw a vid she made about dieting with "intermittent" fasting. It kind of made me distraught because I had an eating disorder I recently kicked (I started skipping a lot of meals or reducing my food even though I was starving) so I kinda have mixed feelings for her content. (I also kinda dislike it when a skinny girl complains about being "fat")  I don't think you should be telling people that starving yourself is a good way to get the body you want; instead you should just be talking about moderation, healthy food choices, and exercise.

I agree that if you have an eating disorder, the word "intermittent fasting" can be scary and triggering, and definitely should not be done by people who have an ED. So I understand if you didn't want to watch, but it's not promoting an ED at all, (the "fasting" is just a short period where you don't eat, and most of that time is spent sleeping anyways) if that was what you were worried about, and she does talk about moderation, healthy foods, and exercise in the video. I provided a quick summary below in the spoiler, but obviously don't look if you are triggered by talk about weight loss/gain and restricting diets in general. 

She basically mentions that she puts on weight pretty easily, and mentions intermittent fasting, which comes in different versions. The one that she's currently doing is called the 16-8 method, which means she eats for 8 hours, and then "fasts" for 16 hours. The word fast is pretty scary, but if you think about it, if you eat from 11AM-7PM, that's 8 hours of "eating", and then the rest of the time is "fasting", which is pretty in line with how normal humans eat anyways. She also mentions that she doesn't really meal prep or weigh her foods, and she just uses common sense as to what is healthy and what is a healthy portion, since obsessing over calories is not sustainable. She then goes into a little more detail about the nutritional balance of her meals, and says that she eats less sugars because it's unhealthy. In general it's just a modification of how people eat already and I think targeted more at people who have problems with eating at bad times of the day, such as super late at night. 

Posted

did she break up with her bf?

Screen_Shot_2019-02-23_at_11.27.59_AM.th

Posted

??? if thats true that's so sad.. 

Posted

??? if thats true that's so sad.. 

damn that's sad that looked like love to me, she must be going through it rn

Posted

did she break up with her bf?

Screen_Shot_2019-02-23_at_11.27.59_AM.th

I couldn't find the tweet on her twitter (maybe she deleted it?) but it's def still on her story. But her videos with her bf are still up on her channel, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Posted

the tweet is still up u just have to scroll down a bit

photos of trinh have been deleted from her ig though... she still follows him and he has pics of her up still last time i checked

she might keep up the videos for a while because they took more effort to edit and its a waste to delete them

i respect their decision but this is super sad. i hope they're both doing okay 

sarahchaeu.JPG

Posted

photos of them are still up on trinh's ig

Posted

How sway?

How is that unacceptable?

Hypocritical or not, now you're policing how someone can feel about their bodies because they did any cosmetic changes. If she's ENCOURAGING cosmetic changes, that's one thing - but to do them to herself on her body because she wanted to doesn't mean she needs to stop spreading body positive opinions.

Sksksks, what even -

i do not want to argue about this but lmaoooo i snorted. this is gonna be long so i’m spoilering 

since you’re asking me HOW i’m gonna slowly explain hehe. if you don’t get what i’m saying, let’s imagine this. if she deletes all her evidence of her before her ps and then posts her current pictures and shares about body positivity, her new followers are gonna be tricked into thinking that her ps body is real and that creates a false image. 

secondly, before her ps, she shares body positivity and proves that she loves her body the way it is but suddenly she does ps during that phase. to me that totally makes me feel that what she speaks does not match her own actions. 

i also didn’t say a single thing or teach someone how they should be feeling when they did ps

she doesn’t encourage cosmetic procedures, she’s encouraging self love or body positivity. if you change a lil of your body or features, that means you do not like how it looks on your body. so to me cosmetic procedures is the exact opposite of self love. and that’s hypocritical of her

besides i think it’s unacceptable which means it’s unethical but i didn’t think she needs to stop sharing about body positivity  

thanks for coming to my ted talk jsjdjsjjsjd

i hope u understand and i do not want to make this long, if you want to reply this post let’s get this done in the dms

Posted

photos of them are still up on trinh's ig

he unfollowed her and deleted all their pics together. they broke up once before and Sarah’s posting a lot of tweets about cutting out toxic people in her life. really wonder what happened.

Posted

I was under the impression that they had moved in together back in the states... just based off of her vlogs. Also, today she posted a pic of her kissing someone on her insta story? 

Posted

he unfollowed her and deleted all their pics together. they broke up once before and Sarah’s posting a lot of tweets about cutting out toxic people in her life. really wonder what happened.

they broke up once before? when?