• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

sacheu/Sarah Cheung

371 posts in this topic

Posted

• Sarah is bad because she’s becoming like any other IG girl and well, She Wasn’t Like Other Girls before

• flaunting about your sexuality is shallow therefore bad 

• sex in private = cool but talking about it you’re a HOE, having more than one partner and moving on makes you a hoe too 

• if you consider yourself body positive but get procedures done you’re basically a hypocrite. It is impossible to be body positive and try to improve yourself, it automatically means you hate yourself. 

• Fuck Sarah’s dumb ass for giving in to beauty standards (no it’s not society’s fault for always pressuring women, it’s personally hers) 

•love yourself 💓💓💓 but don’t love yourself to the point you’re vain

•Being open and positive about your sexuality is lame, everyone’s doing it these days. Where are the girls that are cool and original for practicing abstinence?!

Im not sure why I find myself doing this? I don’t like her like that and I have always said something’s wrong with the girl but someone even said it would be ok for her to be abused??? This post is not targeted at all but think about how these points sound like... 

I somewhat agree with a few things you mentioned but I think you went too far. I just personally think focusing on shallow things like your appearance/sex life will lead to unhappiness long-term, but I don’t think women need to practice abstinence/refuse to get procedures done/never talk about sexuality. 

Posted (edited)

1. The whole "not like the other girls" narrative is internalized misogyny. Sarah can be "like the other girls" if she wants to be, the slight problem is how she's turned into another typical ig baddie. Not only in looks or aesthetic, but also in attitude.

2. Anyone is free to flaunt their sexuality, the issue is that she drops subtle information about her private life, but gets defensive when ppl ask her. She can't seem to differentiate private from public?

3. CHEATING on your partner is bad, but how is moving onto a new partner bad? We aren't even sure what really happened between her and her ex. Chill.

4. I agree it's quite ironic how she calls herself a "body positive" person, yet she does procedures. There's nothing wrong with doing cosmetic surgeries, but as far as I know, "body positive" means learning to love and accept your physical appearance the way it is.

5. Trying to go against society's beauty standard is freaking tough. If Sarah is a dumb ass for giving in, then we all damn are in our own little ways.

6. Seriously? Abstinence? Girls can choose whether they want or not to be sexually active. EITHER IS COMPLETELY NORMAL. Stop shaming sexually open/active girls. If you prefer not doing it, good for you. But that doesn't mean other girls should do. What's wrong is when girls hypersexualize themselves. 

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to write that down and I agree with most of then stuff you said. Maybe my post came off the wrong way because I was being sarcastic but I just want to know why its wrong!!! Yes I exaggerated but I don’t get it, like you said girls can choose whether they want or not to be sexually active so what if she wants to hyper sexualize herself? I get she’s a public personality but even if she has a young audience I don’t think she should be a role model. I said multiple times before nobody knows what happened between her and her ex. Why is it a slight problem that she’s acting like a basic ig model? Why did someone say it’s bad that she’s giving in to society’s standards??? I’m just so confused because some comments make it seem like they just want to say anything bad about her!!! Sarah has a lot to improve on like the oversharing, getting defensive and being immature but honestly... it’s not that bad imo 

the points I made in my last post are not my opinions, it’s honestly how some of y’all do sound like and it’s WORRYSOME

Edited by babybunny

Posted

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to write that down and I agree with most of then stuff you said. Maybe my post came off the wrong way because I was being sarcastic but I just want to know why its wrong!!! Yes I exaggerated but I don’t get it, like you said girls can choose whether they want or not to be sexually active so what if she wants to hyper sexualize herself? I get she’s a public personality but even if she has a young audience I don’t think she should be a role model. I said multiple times before nobody knows what happened between her and her ex. Why is it a slight problem that she’s acting like a basic ig model? Why did someone say it’s bad that she’s giving in to society’s standards??? I’m just so confused because some comments make it seem like they just want to say anything bad about her!!! Sarah has a lot to improve on like the oversharing, getting defensive and being immature but honestly... it’s not that bad imo 

the points I made in my last post are not my opinions, it’s honestly how some of y’all do sound like and it’s WORRYSOME

Worrysome? This is PULL. Some comments sound that way because they're valid points and this is a forum dedicated to discussing internet personalities. I took the time to look over the most recent replies on this thread and she's not even getting dragged that hard. We get it, you 100% disagree with slut shaming but a lot of us aren't here to kiss her ass and always agree with the things she does or says. You've made some good points and reminders but chill a bit with the moral superiority 

Posted

next time make it more clear you’re trying to be sarcastic. I got a slight inkling you were sarcastic but the post was just confusing and misleading. 

Posted

Worrysome? This is PULL. Some comments sound that way because they're valid points and this is a forum dedicated to discussing internet personalities. I took the time to look over the most recent replies on this thread and she's not even getting dragged that hard. We get it, you 100% disagree with slut shaming but a lot of us aren't here to kiss her ass and always agree with the things she does or says. You've made some good points and reminders but chill a bit with the moral superiority 

yes it’s worrisome to me and I know it’s PULL let me disagree it’s not moral superiority it’s just my opinion so perhaps let’s all chill myself included 

Posted

I made an account just to post this because I casually follow sarah on tumblr, but she sometimes posts some odd/questionable things? I don't want to judge her too much, since her blog is pretty much the average aesthetic pics, but this just doesn't seem to fit with her image somehow (slightly nsfw) was a little surprised to see this on my dash  

screenshot1.thumb.jpg.10535234679306a2c1screenshot2.thumb.jpg.762e567a164c67d2ae

Posted

I made an account just to post this because I casually follow sarah on tumblr, but she sometimes posts some odd/questionable things? I don't want to judge her too much, since her blog is pretty much the average aesthetic pics, but this just doesn't seem to fit with her image somehow (slightly nsfw) was a little surprised to see this on my dash  

Hidden Content

That pic of Danny and Sam will forever fucking haunt me. Lmfaooo.

Posted

Hidden Content

I don't exactly get what's questionable about that second one tbh

Posted (edited)

I don't exactly get what's questionable about that second one tbh

It's not bad or really questionable, it's just something that makes me think she's not as original as I thought she was. The idea that 'butterfly specimens = humans destroy beautiful things' is really common. But I'm sure she has other personal reasons for why this tattoo idea resonated with her, so it's all fine if she's happy. 

Her video on simulation theory also contains interesting but elementary points, and i noticed that her 'philosophical hot take' connecting it to cultural anxiety and epistemological skepticism is a very basic concept in philosophy, not original ideas. sarah: "yes, I actually took notes" (look at me I'm so smart!!!) but also "I didn't do much research because I just wanted to fuck around with the idea" okay...

Not that she needs to be original all the time,  she's clearly intelligent and educated and can do whatever she wants, but I'm just personally losing interest because I feel like the makeup, lifestyle, and even philosophy videos are starting to get uninspired and boring. I finally unfollowed her on tumblr because I'm just not into the dull monotony of beige aesthetic pics and sassy love quotes. 

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky, sorry. I still like sarah, but I hope she feels fulfilled with her life- I get the feeling that she cares about other people's opinions more than she'd like to admit. 

Edited by cabbagecore

Posted

It's not bad or really questionable, it's just something that makes me think she's not as original as I thought she was. The idea that 'butterfly specimens = humans destroy beautiful things' is really common. But I'm sure she has other personal reasons for why this tattoo idea resonated with her, so it's all fine if she's happy. 

Her video on simulation theory also contains interesting but elementary points, and i noticed that her 'philosophical hot take' connecting it to cultural anxiety and epistemological skepticism is a very basic concept in philosophy, not original ideas. sarah: "yes, I actually took notes" (look at me I'm so smart!!!) but also "I didn't do much research because I just wanted to fuck around with the idea" okay...

Not that she needs to be original all the time,  she's clearly intelligent and educated and can do whatever she wants, but I'm just personally losing interest because I feel like the makeup, lifestyle, and even philosophy videos are starting to get uninspired and boring. I finally unfollowed her on tumblr because I'm just not into the dull monotony of beige aesthetic pics and sassy love quotes. 

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky, sorry. I still like sarah, but I hope she feels fulfilled with her life- I get the feeling that she cares about other people's opinions more than she'd like to admit. 

Thanks for explaining. I get your point. I just thought wha what's wrong with saying that? Lol but I get it now. I feel the same.

Posted

man i used to love her. she was friendly, pretty, smart, well spoken, positive yet a little sassy. but now it feels so bad to go on any of her social media, knowing she preaches body positivity and loving yourself when she has so many procedures done. personally its so weird how someone who claims to be so comfortable with their body will get lip injections, liposuction, fat grafting, boob job, intermittent fasting for the look/experience rather than the health benefits (if there were any). i thought she was so real, like a human. but she rarely ever present flaws to show that even influencers can have imperfections. even when she does, she gets something done to it. 

Posted

Hmmmm

Screenshot_20190425-223638_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Hmmmm

Translation: I’m gonna go on a borderline ED-tier diet, document every minute of it and show my weight loss in detail with 0 regard to how it could trigger my young viewers, and brag about how good it feels...but please don’t try this at home gaiizzz it’s super unhealthy :( 

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm

I hope she's gonna focus on cutting out junk and unhealthy food... Not the whole damn food pyramid. Lmao.

Edited by Ube