• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sakimichan

2226 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been lurking at sakimi's thread here and now I think I notice a very glaring trait to all of her illustration: I think she's trying to capture/depict/emphasize/make subject and compress of all human assets together as much as possible on one canvas -- even to the point of (unrealistic) body distortion. See, her last work - the Riven (I don't follow the series/game and I'm not sure how the character should really look like) - all assets are focused on: thicc thighs (check), butt view (check), voluptuous breasts (check check) and the signature face.

I think the artist aims to squeeze in ALL of these and disregards how unrealistic it would be to "twist your torso" and "show off two globes of the breasts" at the same time. 

I admit the same-face tendency is repetitive... but am I the only one who would still look at her work, skim past the human subject, and admire the other effects she's trying to make? Like her last 2B in wedding dress illustration - the lace shadows on the skin was crazy detailed. Or how about that Riven character and how realistically rendered her bunny suit is?

I am not white-knighting Sakimi -- in fact I was one of her fans even before all these sexualized pin-ups. But I do try look at her current work and still go oooooh over the rendering she pulls off.

(I miss all that interesting subjects/themes she did before. After all her Zodiac series and genderbend series were the ones that introduce me to her style.)

Posted

I've been lurking at sakimi's thread here and now I think I notice a very glaring trait to all of her illustration: I think she's trying to capture/depict/emphasize/make subject and compress of all human assets together as much as possible on one canvas -- even to the point of (unrealistic) body distortion. See, her last work - the Riven (I don't follow the series/game and I'm not sure how the character should really look like) - all assets are focused on: thicc thighs (check), butt view (check), voluptuous breasts (check check) and the signature face.

I think the artist aims to squeeze in ALL of these and disregards how unrealistic it would be to "twist your torso" and "show off two globes of the breasts" at the same time. 

I admit the same-face tendency is repetitive... but am I the only one who would still look at her work, skim past the human subject, and admire the other effects she's trying to make? Like her last 2B in wedding dress illustration - the lace shadows on the skin was crazy detailed. Or how about that Riven character and how realistically rendered her bunny suit is?

I am not white-knighting Sakimi -- in fact I was one of her fans even before all these sexualized pin-ups. But I do try look at her current work and still go oooooh over the rendering she pulls off.

(I miss all that interesting subjects/themes she did before. After all her Zodiac series and genderbend series were the ones that introduce me to her style.)

I agree, her rendering skills are phenominal, but that doesn't make up for the poor quality in other areas imo. Her fans are literally paying her thousands of dollars to create content! I know that she's said before that she does this distorted, "sexy" stuff because it's what her fans want but if you read the comments on her posts, a lot of her fans are complaining! So she's either ignoring the feedback or not even reading it which shows me that she doesn't really care about her fans. I think she knows that people will pay her no matter what she puts out so she half asses everything.

Edit: Wanted to add that I'm not trying to attack you or anything. It seems a bit harsh now that I'm reading it over, but I'm upset with Sakimichan, not you. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

Posted

Not at all, she's super talented. She's just lazy or rushed, imo. You're gonna put all that work into that beautiful lace and the shadows it casts on the skin and then have that wonky-ass face and broken proportions? And I don't mean unrealistically big boobs and chicken leg thighs, I mean the tiny hands and forearms and the glazed over eyes. As an artist, that wouldn't fly with me. Not even with personal projects I do for fun and don't sell or anything.

Posted

She drew something that kind of looked like a line for the spine, then realized it stopped right under her breast and left it there half way her ribcage. Sakimi wh?

All I can say is: OOF

sakumu.thumb.jpg.ab7fc4f5867698f19e73cc6sakumu2.thumb.jpg.21d64498e6e7b456a6b1ad

Posted

Nah, I do like her effects and coloring, she's amazing at color theory. 
But like, now her bodies be looking super weird and it's hard to ignore it. 

Posted

Her art is so... boring. The beauty of the skin painting and the detailed fabrics aren't enough to make you ignore the same face and the broken anatomy. She wants to attract weebs by drawing sexy stuff, but she doesn't have the guts to turn her lifeless dolls into what people really look like when making out.

Posted

I agree, her rendering skills are phenominal, but that doesn't make up for the poor quality in other areas imo. Her fans are literally paying her thousands of dollars to create content! I know that she's said before that she does this distorted, "sexy" stuff because it's what her fans want but if you read the comments on her posts, a lot of her fans are complaining! So she's either ignoring the feedback or not even reading it which shows me that she doesn't really care about her fans. I think she knows that people will pay her no matter what she puts out so she half asses everything.

Edit: Wanted to add that I'm not trying to attack you or anything. It seems a bit harsh now that I'm reading it over, but I'm upset with Sakimichan, not you. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

Do not worry, I don't feel attacked at all. But thank you for clearing it out.

In terms of feedback and not seemingly caring about her fans, I theorize that the artist is already "known for her exaggerated and idealized anatomy" hence continues to do what she is doing. I mean, sure, there are complains from her fans... but equally there are fans who are still paying for her work and content. Half-assed or not. So consciously Sakimi is still and will be pursuing the sexualized route since it sells. A lot.

Not at all, she's super talented. She's just lazy or rushed, imo. You're gonna put all that work into that beautiful lace and the shadows it casts on the skin and then have that wonky-ass face and broken proportions? And I don't mean unrealistically big boobs and chicken leg thighs, I mean the tiny hands and forearms and the glazed over eyes. As an artist, that wouldn't fly with me. Not even with personal projects I do for fun and don't sell or anything.

I cannot help but comment her drafts are of right proportions. LIKE REALLY CORRECT BODY PROPORTIONS. But the final output is the repetitive glazed eyes, small puckered lips (sometimes ahegao), small nose... 

It's a deliberate stylizing. One thing she knows that sells.

Posted

dd42ec8-afc3319a-2ff1-4bc1-a085-19d5c46d

Ah yes, the classic Tits & Ass pose.

Posted

Ah yes, the classic Tits & Ass pose.

Her IG had a ton of people defending it saying it's possible for thin girls to do this and I was like... Contortionists maybe but like? Normal everyday girls no matter how thin???? MMmmm I don't know about that one sis. 

Posted

Here's Samus

74133545_p0_master1200.thumb.jpg.0098a6e

74133545_p1_master1200.thumb.jpg.aa3dafa

Posted

Here's Samus

74133545_p0_master1200.thumb.jpg.0098a6e

74133545_p1_master1200.thumb.jpg.aa3dafa

o.thumb.JPG.8b8fee8a64491cce4e39bc499952

That leg doesn't even look like its attached...

Posted

What did Samus do to deserve this? 

Posted

dang why can't my lower body do that :'(

why.PNG

Posted

The legs she draws are so absurdly long.

I tried to see how would the character look with the legs stretched out and well...

nvo1ata.png

nvo1aqta.png

Posted

I do miss when she'd draw something for everyone, even those who pledged to her Patreon  :/ i used to be one but the quality just went down and I'm lowkey upset because I loved her tutorials and they helped me a lot. But it wasn't worth it anymore and it's truly upsetting:anime: