• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Sakimichan

1317 posts in this topic

Posted

It's interesting to see a thread of Sakimichan on here

I used to think highly of her art and everyone evolves and changes their styles, but reading through some of this it's kind of just, disturbing? Seeing a lot of younger characters and just "aging" them rubs me in so many wrong ways and is really uncomfortable. And I totally understand nsfw sells more but it seems to be almost all of her work now and it just :alpacamad:

Welcome to the thread. And yeah I wouldn't care about her stuff that much if she wasn't going for young characters so often. Sexualizing kids is just creepy. 

73641892_p0_master1200.thumb.jpg.6141007

73641892_p1_master1200.thumb.jpg.079021a

*erases one piece of clothes* New variant. 

Posted

I like how Ciri has her hand on the other girl's waist but they're not even that close. Like, there's no sign of interaction.

I love how her arm literally snakes around Riven's body because there is no indication of an elbow or wrist.

Posted

Lol I thought the hand on Riven's hips was Ciri at first and thought no way her arm extends that far! Turns out it's Riven hand and Ciri's is wrapped on her chest.

Posted

Someone: The CG Alita Battle Angel movie made Alita look creepy, there's no way she could look any worse than she does now.

Sakimichan: Hold my beer

portrait_painting_voice_over__alita_rewo

Posted (edited)

Someone: The CG Alita Battle Angel movie made Alita look creepy, there's no way she could look any worse than she does now.

All of the definition in the face has just gone... New one looks so muddy (although the rest of the rendering is alright).

Edited by IcySnow
typo

Posted

That feel when the older piece is better. 

Also this really shows just how terrible her art has gotten. 

Same face she gives every female,boobs and body shown off even when they shouldn't, and all emotion is just replaced by dull surprise.

Give me 2012 Sakimichan skills any day 

Posted (edited)

I will be honest, I think the newer one would be actually nice if it didn't focus so much on her boobs (Alita doesn't have such a big chest wth), if her mouth was bigger and if she didn't add the wings for the 'elegant soft lady UwU' aesthetic she always pulls off with female characters (i mean she's called an angel but that's not literal?). I didn't read the manga but I watched the movie and Alita went through having to prove that she isn't a soft little girl but a fighter. And there also was this scene where her body adjusted to how she perceived herself and heck I don't remember her identifying with having big melon boobs. Idk either I am awfully wrong here but I can't help but feel like sakimi watches NONE of the things she draws.

alita.thumb.jpg.ebca47a269b21bf152ddb93c

Tried making a decent edit of the direction in which I find it would be much better.

EDIT:
Also I wish that sakimi would stop making her cute female characters always look so braindead. I know she tries to appeal to the perverts who want their female characters to be stupid and easily fuckable but I feel like sakimi always either puts a confused look on the girls' faces to make them look extra stupid or puts their mouths into a weird o-shape so she can make it into an ahegao face in the nsfw edit - which is just as equally bad to me. i know she won't move away from this bc it gives her so much money but I really dislike it.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

The old one is so much better, how is this even an improvement

Alita's face actually has character and expression

Posted

All of the definition in the face has just gone... New one looks so muddy (although the rest of the rendering is alright).

Dear god, the face is so dull and creepy in the newer version it doesn't look any different to her other drawings, so lackluster.:( 

Same small mouth, same eyes, same weird tiny nose. 2012 >>>>>>> 2019 over anyday. This is the biggest downgrade I've ever seen.

Posted

this shit is just like instagram, everybody nowadays look the same even art 

wtf is this world

Posted (edited)

this shit is just like instagram, everybody nowadays look the same even art 

wtf is this world

Strangly enough instagram is actually one of sakimi's active platforms. i feel like it's about archiving some sort of ideal instagram beauty, just as it is with posting selfies and editing them in a way to be the most beautiful and get the most attention. could be the same with some artists like sakimi who will notice which kind of faces get them the most like and then they'll make all their drawings like that just like some people edit their faces in selfies to look all the same. I feel like it also happened to Ilya Kushinov. Really used to love that artist but his newest art all looks like same face syndrome to me, as if the way he draws girls has peaked and will be the same all over and over. It's the same with sakimi. She only draws the same faces and bodies, also similiar poses, mixtures of old drawings,... it's like her art stopped evolving and it's just drawing the same stuff but with slight adjustments. it became so boring to me.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted (edited)

D1vo33uX4AAEFcV.jpeg

Something about the way his torso is positioned bothers me. Like it's too outward for that position? but maybe I am seeing things

Edited by VioletRhapsody

Posted

D1vo33uX4AAEFcV.jpeg

Screenshot_20190316-044418_Google.thumb.

Posted

D1vo33uX4AAEFcV.jpegSomethinf about the way his torso is positioned bothers me. Like it's too outward for that position? but maybe I am seeing things

his torso def looks weird, which i think is because his upper arm is so short? 

your elbow should typically be around your hip...

Image result for anatomy artists

Posted

D1vo33uX4AAEFcV.jpegSomethinf about the way his torso is positioned bothers me. Like it's too outward for that position? but maybe I am seeing things

His head is so small its the size of his shoulder and his face looks like it was squished down to the bottom of his head...