• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sakimichan

1677 posts in this topic

Posted

god the head is so damn small and doesnt even look like its meant to be on that body. its like she drew tifa first and then swapped the heads for aeriths. lets not get started on the arms/legs/hips...its the usual errors.

Posted (edited)

welcome to my compilation of that's not how skirts work by sakimichan~ honestly, my biggest gripe outside of the obvious anatomy flaws is this weird fabric thing she does where the front of the skirt will be removed or pulled off to one side just so she can do a panty thigh gap shot. So many people praise sakimi for her ability to render clothing but this was taken from a quick scroll through 2019/2018 art without me putting much time or effort I already found 6 examples of it...if the broken spine and lifeless eyes weren't enough to break immersion her way of drawing skirts where the front is missing but the (sometimes) back and sides are attached definitely is ¬¬

sakimi.png

Edited by Heretosiptea

Posted

Is it me or the arm look weird?

Screenshot_20190716-100409.png

Posted

Is it me or the arm look weird?

Screenshot_20190716-100409.png

It's not just you. The arm in the water (?) looks definitely broken just like her spine

Posted

I mean, a friend of mine has got arms that bend this way in real life (which creeps me tf out), but I doubt that this was the look Sakimi was going for. What irks me more about the arm is that it suddenly gets so tiny? Like? Really? But I'm going to admit, I can't really give her shit for this one, it's not overly ridiculous and she really didn't go big on the badonkas this time.

Posted

Is that an older work?

Posted

"spicy" Today variant of Aerith. Why is the skirt part still there? I know it's just laziness and all but still

D_ecl2_WkAEfKai.jpeg

"Spicy look" 

She just stole Tifa's clothes really. 

Posted

D_o2rvFWwAMbmbx.jpeg

Posted

D_o2rvFWwAMbmbx.jpeg

Is it just me or are both arms really short?

Posted

It's not just you, they are super short … It actually baffles me how she thought this piece was okay/polished enough to post; his arm length looks about the same as his one thigh alone

Posted

Honestly, she needs to step back, take a break and stop breaking the arms and bodies of characters. Feels like she totally needs a break...

Posted

I agree with everyone criticisms first off of Sakimi's general issues.

I noticed something in which I may be reaching, but I feel like the reason when she paints these characters with short arms or legs is that she is trying to fit them within whatever file size shes working in to sell them at her go-to print sizes. I'm specifically looking at Cloud's arm holding the hilt of the sword, she is trying to make a pose with ALL of his arm in the camera shot, which is obviously too short and wouldn't even reach his hips relaxed. She really would benefit from just extending the canvas size and not trying to cram limbs to fit in the frame just for sake of showing everything or keeping the same print size that fights against the pose or extending his arm off the frame.

Posted

It's weird seeing someone with so much skill, yet so little skill. Like what-

what's up with those tiny arms and hands??? what's up with those weird nonsensical fabrics floating around??? what's up with all the obese thighs??? what's up with the crisp looking bodies yet blurry out of focus faces???

Posted

"spicy" Today variant of Aerith. Why is the skirt part still there? I know it's just laziness and all but still

D_ecl2_WkAEfKai.jpeg

Why is her skirt thing still there????

Yeah and the whole drawing just look off, tifa drawing and aerith drawings looked better