• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sakimichan

1688 posts in this topic

Posted

I actually think that the layout is okay.  **speculative body lineart**

preview_layout.jpg

Unfortunately I have doubts that Sakimi’s is going to look like this.. it’s not blow up doll-y enough. I would be more than happy if it actually looked like that though lol

Posted

D_KZDNpXYAEQsfd.jpeg

Posted (edited)

D_KZDNpXYAEQsfd.jpeg

omg did she make the strap break from the boob stretching it please tell me she didn’t 

Everytime she draws Tifa the poor girl keeps wearing less and less clothing

Admittedly though, I am happy that the pose is much more dynamic than her usual pictures. Her face isn’t one of those stupid little pouts either. 

Edited by Aaeronias

Posted

D_KZDNpXYAEQsfd.jpeg

Why did the background change?? I mean, the teaser one had a much more fitting background for FFVII.

Well anyways it's nice to see a change, although the legs (esp the right leg) is still broken. The leg would snap as soon as she lands

Posted (edited)

Why did the background change?? I mean, the teaser one had a much more fitting background for FFVII.

Well anyways it's nice to see a change, although the legs (esp the right leg) is still broken. The leg would snap as soon as she lands

Most probably she made the bg image a bit bigger comparing the teaser bg and the finished piece, plus lots of shine/screen/overlay layers to put more contrast to it.

The pose is very dynamic and well done overall, but I'm still a bit eh about because it's done purposefully (duh) to have a good frontal NSFW, which isn't exactly an issue but feels awkward to see her reveal way too much skin despite her brand new clothing rework;; Her left shoe looks extremely weird because of the perspective. Can't complain about it, those are a mess to draw and overall the rendering is godlike.

Definetly looking forward to the other FF VII fanart she's doing.

Edited by justpassingby

Posted

D_Zno_GXoAAP0Kj.jpeg

Posted

D_Zno_GXoAAP0Kj.jpeg

Did she just scrap the wip ? Because the finished version looks like she went over the face one too many times with the airbrush compared to the wip she posted which felt like it had a lot more emotion and an actual expression on the face.

saki.thumb.jpg.049bd0b86c1aa06cba9214c75

And once again over inflated thighs, short calfs and i dont even know what's up with her left arm. I do like how this one actually sort of resembles the character she was drawing though. 

Posted

D_KZDNpXYAEQsfd.jpeg

I am not an art expert or anything. But even though the pose is dynamic, to my untrained eye is still looks very stiff. Kinda like if Tifa was a figurine rather than in the middle of movement, if that makes sense. 

Posted (edited)

Those straps look hella uncomfortable. They are so thin and cut so much into the skin. >□<

And I am really confused with the flow of Aerith's skirt? It looks off.

Edited by Maskenhaendlerin
Forgot to mention something

Posted (edited)

I did an lazy over-pain(t) of the Tifa drawing. I felt like the pose I gave her matched the ,,ready to fight'' atmosphere with the clenched fists and ruins in the background, and I kept some things to the imagination (Tifa has a pretty revealing design in the first place), I stayed true to her original appearance. Don't judge me for the Nike sneaker, I got tired. 

Also, I felt like giving her muscly Chun-Li like thighs. Whoops.

Sakimi come for me.

D_KZDNpXYAEQsfd.jpeg.3db064b08990bd12773020dda5dbc2c4.jpg

Edited by Art Deco

Posted

I am not an art expert or anything. But even though the pose is dynamic, to my untrained eye is still looks very stiff. Kinda like if Tifa was a figurine rather than in the middle of movement, if that makes sense. 

It does make a lot of sense and I sort of sense this from all of her current drawings, which makes them so unpleasant to look at for me. Sakimi knows how to draw poses and is so good at it and her sketches always look anatomically correct and the poses are interesting. But once she gets into the rendering she tries to oversexualise the butts and boobs so much that she liquifies them and shifts them around to make them bigger and more in the focus of the drawing (evidence for the statement: speeddrawings she uploaded on YT proove it). That's when the anatomy breaks and therefor the whole body breaks and the pose starts looking unpleasant and off, completly ruining the flow of action in the composition.

I think this is an issue because it feels off to me when i look at her pieces? but a lot of people excuse this as her 'style'. when really i feel like this isn't professional behaviour.

just look at her pic and try to imagine an imaginary flow/line going from top to bottom of the character. you will notice how this line breaks in the middle. the reason why art deco's edit looks much more pleasant is because there is one line of action that does not break or change direction randomly. that's why sakimi's tifa looks like she's about to fall over.

Posted

I like the pose for the Tifa drawing but it feels awkward that her clothes are so tiny to be fighting in. Also to me it’s kinda a weird pose to do a NSFW version of. Like she is going to look like she is about to throw down naked? I really like the Aerith one but she is my favorite character from FF7 but to me it looks like the left half of the artwork is unfinished. The hair and flowers look like a blur to me. No details in them at all and I don’t get what’s going on with the skirt. The other thing is it also looks like aerith got lip injections. They aren’t natural looking to me. Other then that, it’s some of the best work she has put out in a while. 

Posted

It's pretty obvious in her art where ALL of the subjects are shown facing the viewer stiff-like with no dynamic poses so that she can avoid foreshortening all together (which shouldn't be THAT hard if you have years and years of experience.) She went to art school and graduated, shouldn't she at least be practicing something like this instead of trying to eye-ball it? 

Tifa's arms are too short. Don't even get me started on Aerith.

Posted

"spicy" Today variant of Aerith. Why is the skirt part still there? I know it's just laziness and all but still

D_ecl2_WkAEfKai.jpeg