• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you.

Sakimichan

3801 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Sinistea

Posted

From what I've seen she seems to have a basic grasp of anatomy but I think her heavy reliance on the liquify tool says a lot about where that knowledge stops. 

She does a lot of conventional/mainstream art as in the same face pinup anime style she has going on. I used to follow her before she had her patreon, she still makes decent art but at this point it's overly repetitive and predictable. But I mean sex sells and if she's happy doing what she does good for her. 

Posted

tbh i think she should become a figurine illustrator with oc figurs. all her work looks like ecchi figurines - impossible bodies, titties defying gravity, thunder thighs and stick calves with the same face on every single neck. 

it's sad really. i feel like if she didn't make did neckbeard shit, she would be able to grow and make something that could be really cool!

Posted

That's what I mean! She obviously has a diverse range of abilities and it shows in a lot of her older art and some of her newer things, but she resigns herself to just drawing the same bodies with the same faces and the same expressions to rake in that money. But it's working, so hey good for her. I believe she's completely capable of going above and beyond since she was hired by Bioware as a concept artist. I would love to see what she created while working on projects like Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

Posted (edited)

I used to be a pretty big fan of her work back before Patreon was the beast it is now.

I think her art reached its peak in 2014, and then her quality dipped when she started making a ton of Patreon bucks.

Why put in the effort of making fully rendered, polished work when you can release several smaller, incomplete pieces. She herself has said that because of Patreon she can be more "experimental" with her pieces, but I can't help but feel like it is a cop out. 

To this day I cannot get over how this:

44b9cf468ed6be01c3d019ffbbffa09e-db74qq4

Was something she drew in 2017 and released as a pinup on her Patreon; the quality is a nose dive from what she has released in the past.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that she was not working in the Bioware Edmonton studio, but the now defunct Bioware Montreal, which means she would have been working on Mass Effect: Andromeda or the previous trilogy's DLC's. The likelihood she contributed to the original trilogy or any of the Dragon Age games are slim. I have known a few people who have worked at Bioware and from the way they talk the Montreal studio did very little work with the main games.

Edited by Angelus

Posted

i still feel like she was a hypocrite during the whole kr0nprinz art theft/plagiarism thing a few years back. you really dont have much room to talk about "stealing people's ideas" when you're making big bucks off of people's original ideas (characters)... 

SJm0jG5.png

+ this tweet perfectly summarizes it:

pxcOZcb.png

Posted

i used to be a big fan of her art. she definitely has a lot of talent- she's great at what she does, and the shading is phenomenal. art is subjective, everyone will have different views on different arts and art styles. i would love to see her expand her works sometime.

i don't find her problematic, but it's a shame that a lot of her work is just for $ now. would love to see something that she really wants to draw, something with meaning. but like i said, art is subjective, and she can do what she wants. i'm just voicing my opinion.

Posted

I would like to see her art expand to different body types

Posted (edited)

I really like her style and her skills are awesome, but I'd like to see more than just nsfw art. She has a lot of potential and stick to drawing pin ups forever seems like a waste for me, it would be refreshing and she could improve a lot if she leaves her comfort zone and starts experimenting with diferent things imo

Edited by Horror

Posted

Oh I love Saki! her art is hot af :alpacacrush::alpacacrush: