• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Pretty Pastel Please

444 posts in this topic

Posted

I just watched her recent dollshill haul and all I've taken away from that video is sis really spent like, $80 on clothes to use as pyjamas because she wouldn't wear it in public like...that's a whole day's wages. Imagaine spending a day's wages on pyjamas omfg. I mean she can do whatever she wants but i legit kinda hate the "i wont wear it but itll be a cute photo op" mentality towards clothes

Posted

I just watched her recent dollshill haul and all I've taken away from that video is sis really spent like, $80 on clothes to use as pyjamas because she wouldn't wear it in public like...that's a whole day's wages. Imagaine spending a day's wages on pyjamas omfg. I mean she can do whatever she wants but i legit kinda hate the "i wont wear it but itll be a cute photo op" mentality towards clothes

I can't even tell which video you're referring to because they're almost all like that. The Valentine's Day one? She legit thought she could dress up a nightie with heels and a purse lmao.

At any rate, I wish that she would buy her proper size already and wear something more practical. Everything is too short, too tight, and see-through. It reminds me of Eugenia's baby prostitute aesthetic.

I wish she could find a way to take the pastel aesthetic and make it her own, but she doesn't have any fashion sense or a unique perspective.

Posted

I really don't think the pastel kawaii aesthetic even suits her. I think I've said in the past it ages her terribly, despite her being 24.  It ends up looking like someone trying to wear much younger clothing for them and making them look older than they actually are. Again it just seems to showcase her immaturity.

She also wears her skirts way too high and short. It's like she's going to flash her undies at any minute, I can only imagine it's worse when she sits down, too. Not good.

I thought the longer flowing dress in that holiday-bitching video suited her far better than a lot of things I've seen her in. She could probably rock a pastel rockabilly vibe a lot better without it aging her, and she would look a lot more put together and refined.

OMG I just checked her instagram outta interest... that weird bell-bottom suit thing literally gives her camel toe and looks see-through!!! WTF is she thinking? or more to the point what is her legion of fans thinking by saying she looks stunning??? They are taking the piss, right? LMAO!!!  Also I feel like the stores themselves must hate her, because she seems to showcase the shittiest products with the worst aesthetic.

Posted (edited)

i used to like her when i first found out about her because her hauls were nice, until i started to notice how frequently she made them. as someone who has been getting into sustainable fashion for the past few months, her videos really rub me the wrong way. now i'm not someone who pushes their ideals and beliefs onto others and i'm aware that not everyone has the privilege to switch to more sustainable options when it comes to clothing (i mean she definitely does but that's another story). but this girl is taking it too far. it's sad because she (and many other influencers really) have the opportunity to change something with all the views that she has. but instead she's just normalizing the fact that it's ok to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on clothing produced in sweatshops (which really isn't normal) and then has the nerve to say that she won't even be wearing the majority of the items and just bought them because they are 'cute' and aesthetic. girl really needs to do some research on how badly her clothes are affecting the environment and the people who make them.

Edited by chuuberry

Posted (edited)

I like her videos because it gives me ideas about what to buy (on aliexpress of course...) but there's one question I ask myself since the very first time I watched her videos: where does she get all of that money??? Okay she has a job + youtube but does she earn that much money that she can spend more than 1000 dollars each month??? she's not a student anymore, she has bills to pay and things like that.

Also, I wish she would give away the clothes she doesn't wear or won't wear. I'm not into sustainable fashion or anything but the amount of clothes she has is ridiculous especially since she doesn't wear them all. It's better to give clothes to people who will wear them rather than letting them take dust in your closet

Edited by kami
added something

Posted

I never subscribed to PPP but I watched a lot of her videos, She really needs to learn editing them better or get an editor, between the awkward pauses she takes because her parrot is doing something "funny" and her going on and on about an outfit that could have probably be summed up a lot quicker her videos are just way to long, I often found myself skipping through them to get to the meat.
I dont hate her style, I think she looks nice, her aesthetic is just my cup but there is just something about her that always kept me from subscribing aside from the rambling.

Posted

I like her videos because it gives me ideas about what to buy (on aliexpress of course...) but there's one question I ask myself since the very first time I watched her videos: where does she get all of that money??? Okay she has a job + youtube but does she earn that much money that she can spend more than 1000 dollars each month??? she's not a student anymore, she has bills to pay and things like that.

Also, I wish she would give away the clothes she doesn't wear or won't wear. I'm not into sustainable fashion or anything but the amount of clothes she has is ridiculous especially since she doesn't wear them all. It's better to give clothes to people who will wear them rather than letting them take dust in your closet

She’s mentioned that she gets sponsored, a lot! If I remember correctly she even did a video recently stating something like she wishes she had waited so she could have gotten $500 worth for free instead of buying!

Watch me eye-roll away. I can’t imagine spending $1,000 on a clothes haul just because I “can return what I don’t want”.

Posted

I hope Alex spends her money on skincare products rather than makeup. In her most recent video there are several close up shots where you can definitely see some deep forehead wrinkles. 

Posted

I hope Alex spends her money on skincare products rather than makeup. In her most recent video there are several close up shots where you can definitely see some deep forehead wrinkles. 

Skincare can't really do anything once wrinkles have set in (and they will. For some people, genes just dictate deep and early wrinkles. Don't believe all the ads -- anti-aging is a huge market of bullshit with a few products that work very slightly.) All she can do to combat that is botox. 

I think doing a giveaway would be good for follower gains for her, too. She's built her brand off fast fashion, and I don't think she can go back from that now unless she wants to rebrand as "sustainably pastel" lmao.

Posted (edited)

Skincare can't really do anything once wrinkles have set in (and they will. For some people, genes just dictate deep and early wrinkles. Don't believe all the ads -- anti-aging is a huge market of bullshit with a few products that work very slightly.) All she can do to combat that is botox. 

I think doing a giveaway would be good for follower gains for her, too. She's built her brand off fast fashion, and I don't think she can go back from that now unless she wants to rebrand as "sustainably pastel" lmao.

If she gained a bit of weight back then her face wouldn't look so wrinkly. Maybe take some of her sponsorship cash and use it on a Hot Pocket instead of spending it on sweatshop clothes?

Edited by soygirl

Posted

If you have the dedication to do a lot of research on ingredients with confusing names and finding products available to you and within your budget and first reading tons of reviews on said products, go through trial and error to finding your perfect routine then yeah, you can achieve aaaalot of things with your skin. Of course that depends on how complicated your skin is and Alex's skin doesn't look that bad to me just dehydrated sometimes I guess. Basics is cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. 

Also getting wrinkles from being skinny? Well that's just some dumb shit

Posted

FI Skincare can't really do anything once wrinkles have set in (and they will. For some people, genes just dictate deep and early wrinkles. Don't believe all the ads -- anti-aging is a huge market of bullshit with a few products that work very slightly.) All she can do to combat that is botox. 

you’re most likely right, but there is a lot of controversy. On the topic of a giveaway, she currently has one for jefree Star x morphe brushes. 

I didnt want to suggest that Alex take skincare vitamins because I don’t want her promoting them on her channel nor her Instagram. I believe most of her followers are teenagers. 

Also getting wrinkles from being skinny? Well that's just some dumb shit

perhaps they meant nutrient deprived? 

I think people who lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time typically ages them.

I’m not sure about Alex though, but she does seem to have a bit of loose skin around her thighs (could also be due to not exercising). I don’t want to be rude but her legs remind me of chicken drumsticks.

I wouldn’t consider her wrinkles fixed by increasing weight, but perhaps a more healthier lifestyle would prevent them in the future. I am unsure about what she does do for herself so this is all speculation.

added a couple photos for last post (sorry noob here)

0CBC7BB5-83C2-4BB3-8C6B-14EFBA3C9812.png

2E30897C-656F-4277-AFCD-72A8B7308A82.png

0BF15261-A47E-417C-A4D5-C32A8CF0F729.jpeg

Posted

I've just watched her Jeffree Star brush review and the comments about her channel being 'cancelled' and all that got REAL annoying REAL quickly...

Like, we get it sis, he's a massive brand and you're scared of the influence he has but if you need to say your piece, then say it. I thought she was a Youtuber who wants to really put the truth out there, but after watching that video I just feel like Alex is starting to suck up to big brands more and more. :alpacadone: 

Posted

I've just watched her Jeffree Star brush review and the comments about her channel being 'cancelled' and all that got REAL annoying REAL quickly...

Like, we get it sis, he's a massive brand and you're scared of the influence he has but if you need to say your piece, then say it. I thought she was a Youtuber who wants to really put the truth out there, but after watching that video I just feel like Alex is starting to suck up to big brands more and more. :alpacadone: 

I think her trying to get chummy with bigger channels is pretty obvious, she was also tweeting earlier during her call out videos on paid reviews that she only wanted to talk to shane instead of "all these news outlets" that where trying to reach her

Posted

the fact that she has gone on the record to saying that she only started doing makeup so she could be a youtube beauty guru automatically cancels out any clout she's been trying to cultivate for herself. it just seems so desperate.