• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

rin / gothfruits

2102 posts in this topic

Posted

rin's looks used to be so pretty and unique...i miss their old work. i really used to love their makeup but now it just is so messy and unrefined. i believe you can express yourself however you want with makeup, but if they're really trying to make it in LA as an influencer, i seriously think they should go back to their old style of looks. they were a lot more well recieved and it is afterall what made them gain enough traction to be where they are

now. rin is honestly so beautiful but they hide that nowadays with the big chunky eyeliner and lack of eyebrows, not to mention the messy eyeshadow. come back old rin!!

DB12CC72-695B-47E8-9289-7CE6B6C24852.jpeg

8D313167-2AFF-48CD-B683-E852FD21F54E.jpeg

AA70BA8F-BBDD-4674-A848-7967809A2B31.jpeg

Posted

I honestly found them through gass.y and didn't think that much of them at first other than they had an interesting look and liked anime. I was always skeptical of them being a "nb boy" but I think most of us respected their labels and continue to do so even if we don't entirely agree with how they present themselves. Rin has an obnoxious way of talking and I think that's what started a lot of the irritation (atleast for me). The more fame they got, the worse it became. I'd like to believe that they're apologetic for their actions but it just unfolded so badly. The video they made without permission was half assed. They weren't transparent about their mistakes and it made them hard to trust lol. Did Rin really think people wouldn't play internet detective and dig up everything? I just hope Rin is genuinely sorry for the pain he's caused the victims and the disgusting comments they made towards petitevanilla's marriage. He has to be held accountable for his actions and sadly it's surfaced during his overzealous move to LA. Hopefully they have enough savings because I doubt many brands or people will want to support them rn. I'm curious who's dropped him 

Posted

This is such a bad apology holy shit. It really stinks of "Please get off my back already" and after looking at Rin's Instagram, I can absolutely see why they probably felt eager to "end this chapter", but boy was it pulled off poorly. 

All the comments on Insta are laying into Rin, it's hard to find any positive comments that aren't from the manager's husband or people who just don't know what happened.

Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-39-35.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-39-52.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-40-06.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-40-26.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-40-49.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-41-18.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-42-21.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-43-03.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-44-45.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_05-45-15.thumb.png.

Reactions to the Twitter apology:

Screenshot_at_Mar_15_17-13-51.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_17-14-03.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_17-14-17.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_17-14-58.thumb.png.Screenshot_at_Mar_15_17-15-20.thumb.png.

(Reposted because the ghosts of Felice Fawn screenshots haunted the comment post-edit - the bug is deeply engrained into the forum)

Posted

The manager’s husband is talking shit to everyone on Instagram now too on rin’s latest post.

Posted

Thanks for the screens Rea. My theory was correct. Most people who don't follow Ron too closely thought she was born as male. 

3RbV9kL.png

Posted

Does anyone know if the manager's husband has bullied anyone else on insta? If we have proof we can all start reporting him so he can't continue to bully people who are assault survivors or just straight up disagreeing with Rin's actions 

Posted

Thanks for the screens Rea. My theory was correct. Most people who don't follow Ron too closely thought she was born as male. 

3RbV9kL.png

(watch the pronouns, I don't think Fruitbasket is one bit trans either, but it makes everyone look bad if we don't comply with this one detail)

I dunno if "most" people who doesn't follow Ron thinks they're born male, but some probably do... I've actually seen this on a few other "femme soft boi" accounts as well, people see a completely female passing person and some trans related words and automatically think they're dealing with a really well passing trans-woman, heh. 

Does anyone know if the manager's husband has bullied anyone else on insta? If we have proof we can all start reporting him so he can't continue to bully people who are assault survivors or just straight up disagreeing with Rin's actions 

I can't see any comments where he's directly harassing someone, but he's being a cringy dumbass as usual, making everything worse. Frigging beyond me how he just can't seem to understand that, he really is a special kind of stupid! 

Posted

What I don't get is why is the *husband* of rin's manager harrassing others. Why is he so invested??? Is the manager one to promote this behavior because they might lose rin as a client?

Posted

There are twitter screen shots on this thread I’m not sure about insta 

What I don't get is why is the *husband* of rin's manager harrassing others. Why is he so invested??? Is the manager one to promote this behavior because they might lose rin as a client?

simple answer of why he’s defending Rin is money.  He financially benefits when Rin is making money. 

Posted (edited)

Wow I thought Rin was inactive on twitter because of when they said “I don’t need this, I’m deleting twitter”, to make people pity them!! Rin has zero self awareness, they say whatever they want and expect people to not see the intent behind it.

That statement is better only because it’s not just them talking shit about the actual victim and then trying to convince everyone they’re such a great person who was also a victim. Other than that, it’s literally what they’ve said in the past. Essentially saying “I made a mistake....” fucking obviously, Rin, you don’t deserve a pat on the back for saying that. Admitting your wrong-doings is important, don’t get me wrong, but they’ve barely done that and even if they did it’s only the first step. Owning up isn’t solely what shows growth or genuine remorse.

The way Rin mentions their mistakes as if they’re disputable: “it was not my intention to cause distress....” “sorry for lingering feelings I may have caused....” Not only downplaying the situation but they can’t even be straight forward. 

Also they basically said “I guess my last apology wasn’t good enough so I’m very sorry”... apologisizing without fully acknowledging the shit they’ve caused. Oh and how about let people decide for themselves if you’ve grown, Rin? Because the ones who have actually taken the time to look at everything laid out and think about it, don’t see any reason to believe you’ve grown. So stop saying you have. 

Maybe im being too critical, but this isn’t what I was expecting AT ALL. 

Edited by angelito

Posted

There are twitter screen shots on this thread I’m not sure about insta 

simple answer of why he’s defending Rin is money.  He financially benefits when Rin is making money.

Yeah I know there are twitter ones but it looks like he has since remade and privatized it but those unfortunately do much when it comes to handling him on ig. I'm mostly just worried of seeing a repeat of his actions get out of hand and actually hurt someone since Rin has a way bigger audience on that platform than he ever had on Twitter .

Posted (edited)

whew so I'm kinda late for the party but this apology is on the same level of shittines as kennas "apology through poetry"

right now Ron is going on a break from social media because it would simply look bad if he started posting like nothing happened and he would get even more backlash lmao, there's literally no other reason to do this, if he wasn't concerned about this earlier he surely isn't concerned now and as you guys said it's pure damage control

all I can say is good luck surviving in LA with no job and "influencer career" growing thinner and thinner as we speak

Edited by rubatosis
typo