• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2258 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Honestly I'm just glad he's not one of those people who demand to be called "it" because normal human pronouns just aren't special good enough. 

No offense but some of y'all have been online way too long, you have zero social skills. Read the fucking room! 

It's not about whether or not he "deserves" your respect (he doesn't) or his pronouns, it's about the fact that he can point at y'alls stubborn asses whenever he's faced with any criticism, and completely deflect. 

You are directly contributing to his ability to victimize himself by misgendering him. They're fucking words. Cis drag queens and butch lesbians play with pronouns and titles all the time. You're just refusing to use them because you don't believe he's trans. 

It Does Not Fucking Matter. You want to stop speculating for a minute and focus on what we know he is? An abuser? His fans need to understand that he's an abuser. That's not going to happen when they see him as a victim.

Rin's fans are the ones this information needs to appeal to if he's going to face any repercussions for his actions, and for that to happen you're just going to have to suck it up. In this social climate, if you don't use someones chosen pronouns it just makes you look like a bigot. Your reasons don't matter. If you want to tackle that issue separately, be my guest. But for the sake of Rin's victims, stop throwing tantrums about his pronouns. 

tldr; If you want him "canceled " then shut up and use the goddamn pronouns. 

Seconded.

Whether or not you believe Rin in genuine in his identity, not using his pronouns because of his behaviour or because you don't like/believe him is low key transphobic. (Not that I'm saying y'all are transphobes but you are engaging in tranphobic behaviour in this case)

Edited by pixyteriisgod

Posted (edited)

Rin's fans are the ones this information needs to appeal to if he's going to face any repercussions for his actions, and for that to happen you're just going to have to suck it up. In this social climate, if you don't use someones chosen pronouns it just makes you look like a bigot. Your reasons don't matter. If you want to tackle that issue separately, be my guest. But for the sake of Rin's victims, stop throwing tantrums about his pronouns.

Rins pronouns are he/they so most people here aren’t misgendering them, and definitely no one should be calling Rin ‘she’, even the victim said she doesn’t care for that kind of support. That being said Rin has back tracked about their queerness a lot so of course people are going to have their doubts or questions. People are entitled to their opinions and speculations, which even self righteous Rin can’t grasp. If they want to call me a bigot they can go right on ahead because I can properly defend myself unlike they can.

I agree it seems a bit inappropriate that people are talking more trivial things when Rin’s largest controversy has been brought to the surface recently and is trying to be swept under the rug... but when it comes down to it, this forum is about them as a person. Most people are likely searching for answers on twitter. If you want to speak out about it then go to gothfruits platforms, where most of their fans are.  

None of us here have forgotten about how terrible of a person Rin really is and we all are keeping up with the story and survivors, along with raising awareness and commenting on it whenever we can.  

Edited by angelito

Posted

Rins pronouns are he/they so most people here aren’t misgendering them, and definitely no one should be calling Rin ‘she’, even the victim said she doesn’t care for that kind of support. That being said Rin has back tracked about their queerness a lot so of course people are going to have their doubts or questions. People are entitled to their opinions and speculations, which even self righteous Rin can’t grasp. If they want to call me a bigot they can go right on ahead because I can properly defend myself unlike they can.

I agree it seems a bit inappropriate that people are talking more trivial things when Rin’s largest controversy has been brought to the surface recently and is trying to be swept under the rug... but when it comes down to it, this forum is about them as a person. Most people are likely searching for answers on twitter. If you want to speak out about it then go to gothfruits platforms, where most of their fans are.  

None of us here have forgotten about how terrible of a person Rin really is and we all are keeping up with the story and survivors, along with raising awareness and commenting on it whenever we can.  

-There are a fair amount of people just straight up misgendering them and using she pronouns. 

-I know he also he uses they/them, I used he pronouns in my post to make a point. 🙄 

-You can maybe argue that it's not your responsibility, or that callouts aren't what the site is for, but I promise you people come here for info. I said what I said because it's necessary etiquette if we want him to see repercussions. Hell, the only reason this blew up as big as it did is bc Kalvin linked PULL. 

Posted

So did anyone snag the posts that were deleted? :alpacaconfused: I'm curious what the flops were (let me guess, something about their apartment or a halfassed lewk).

Posted

So did anyone snag the posts that were deleted? :alpacaconfused: I'm curious what the flops were (let me guess, something about their apartment or a halfassed lewk).

one of them is back on insta. The other was of them posing in some clothes 

Posted

I hope Rin crashes and burns to the point where they have no choice but to grow up+change and try to be a better person.
They show no signs of self reflection though, so the outlook is grim. 

(By crashing and burning, I don't mean physical harm or anything. Just need a fkn wake up call)

Posted

Honestly I'm just glad he's not one of those people who demand to be called "it" because normal human pronouns just aren't special good enough. 

Seconded.

Whether or not you believe Rin in genuine in his identity, not using his pronouns because of his behaviour or because you don't like/believe him is low key transphobic. (Not that I'm saying y'all are transphobes but you are engaging in tranphobic behaviour in this case)

Third! I was also uncomfortable to see that people were using she/her to refer to Rin. In my opinion, it should not be important if Ron is "transtrender" or not. I agree that he does many questionable thing and I am not sure what is going on in his head either. But, it is not our right to decide who is or is not worthy to be called by their pronouns. This kind of mindsetting leads to misgendering others that truly are transgender. Pronouns are not a right that can be taken away by others for any reason. I hope I do not sound so harsh but, the misgendering of Rin and speculations of his "true" gender is something I think my transgender friends would not appreciate if they were put in his positions.

Posted

20190314_105658.thumb.jpg.25f82f1675983b

since the discussion of Rin's pronouns has come up, I just want to remind people this is how Rin stans feel about misgendering their "king."

Sticking to he/they is best, as much as I dislike Rin he deserves basic respect. 

Posted

I have a feeling Rin actually dipped or is going to dip from social media because he’s not deleting negative comments anymore. It’s going to suck if he gets away with this

but it’s only speculation after all, it’s only been a day. I just think it’s unusual since he has a tendency to update everyday.

Posted

20190314_105658.thumb.jpg.25f82f1675983b

since the discussion of Rin's pronouns has come up, I just want to remind people this is how Rin stans feel about misgendering their "king."

Sticking to he/they is best, as much as I dislike Rin he deserves basic respect. 

i always use they for Rin as they said he/they. I do think it’s weid they want to be called a binary pronoun when they said their non binary? It’s just contradicting and confusing. So if people are upset about using he, just use they. It’s not hard. 

Posted

Dip, Rin, diiiiiiippppp

Posted

Does anyone know what brands have unfollowed Rin thus far? 

Posted

OP but, I haven't misgendered Rin, they have their pronouns in their profile 'He/They' so i use they. They are nb so nb do use they. And I wouldn't dare to go out of my way and learn their deadname. That is messed up. I don't care for that. I have said I am like Rin as in we identify the same and am chill if someone uses only he or strictly they. And this whole gender thing is important especially if you're in the community.

But I agree the focus should be on their lack of a sincere apology, trying to hide things under the rug, etc. 

Posted

This silence leads me to believe that Rin has started to realize how badly they screwed up, but how can I know for sure. I think this is the second day without ANY stories or updates, which is hugely peculiar because if the wave of #rinfluence they spam everyday. I'll be waiting to see what they'll pull next.

I also believe it's irrelevant about Rin's pronouns, bare minimum respect is required and discussing it is overshadowing the fact that Rin is a real, actual abuser and manipulator who harassed rape victims. This issue is bigger and atrocious and people deserve to know it. 

Posted (edited)

Apparently Rin ignored the situation out of respect for the victims.  Whew, for a second there everyone thought he was being self centered and trying to avoid taking responsibility! 

IMG_20190314_233745.jpg

IMG_20190314_233747.jpg

Edited by dog.png