• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2258 posts in this topic

Posted

I need someone to summarise this cause I cba to listen to ron make excuses for 25 minutes

• He does admit he should be held accountable for his actions, says he doesn't want to "prove himself" to be the victim because he is not.
  • The players: Rin, Boy A, Girl A, Girl B
  • Rin got into relationship with boy A very quickly after he and Girl A broke up. He asked girl A if it was okay to date boy A, get's what is basically the OK but after Rin and Boy A start getting together girl A tells her about her assault. Rin assumed this was jelousy. 
  • Rin confronted Boy A, he of course claimed that Girl A is a manipulative liar. Girl A then is out of the picture. 
  • Boy A admits to cheating on Rin with Girl B. Rin says he doesn't think Girl B would do that to him so assumes Boy A innitiated. Girl B confirms the actions but doesn't say it was assault, does say Boy A approched her. Rin and Boy A break up.
  • Rin says they did get back together with Boy A but eventually Boy A dumps him and Girl B opens up about the assault. Rin now belives Girl A.
  • Rin admits he reached out Girl B to talk after this whole situation blew up on social media. They talked but afterwards Rin admitted he shouldn't have reached out to her and apologises. 
  • Admits he missed all the red flags, bad case of rose-colored glasses.
  • He also explains the "I ain't denying that" text was meant to go with his first message, "It was awful what I did." Says he's just a slow typer and texts in increments. 
  • Reiderates that he is not excusing his actions.
  • Ends the video saying his followers can vent to him in his DMS

My guess is Girl A is the one who he gaslit. He doesn't adress the claims that Girl A attempted suicide in part because of Rin and Guy A's relationship.

I do like that he actually takes accountability in this video and stresses that his actions were harmful. Not sure how I feel about the vent in my DM things considering Rin has his own issues he needs to work through. 

Posted

"my truth regarding my past" is such a clickbait title though lmao. Also, why "my" truth? Why not "the" truth?

Posted

I also forgot to mention that he looks at his notes A LOT during the video. I watched it at 1.25 speed and even then the pauses were pretty noticable. Maybe it's just bc it is a difficult topic (which I'm sure it is) but putting on my tin foil hat, Rin is staying with his manager who probably helped him with the video. Maybe he gave him notes?

Posted (edited)

My guess is Girl A is the one who he gaslit. He doesn't adress the claims that Girl A attempted suicide in part because of Rin and Guy A's relationship.

I do like that he actually takes accountability in this video and stresses that his actions were harmful. Not sure how I feel about the vent in my DM things considering Rin has his own issues he needs to work through. 

Just to be more specific, in the DMs Ron claims to text “in increments” which you can tell in Kalvin Garrahs video showing their dm  conversation. When he said “I ain’t denying that” it wasn’t directed towards the other person saying “your apology was for your followers”.

It felt a bit like he still feels contempt towards girl A, because although he did apologize to both victims, he seemed way more remorseful towards Girl B... but at least he didn’t go on and on about how horrible of a person she was, like in his first twitter apology.

Like Cat.Nat said I was hoping Ron would go more into the details of what he did, like how do you gaslight someone, how do you defend those kind of actions? But he managed to leave those out, only saying he believed the rapist and his friends more than his own... until the rapist broke up Rin that is, and he realized there was a pattern of assault.

He did explain how manipulative his ex was, and even someone in the comments knew who knew the guy was able to vouche. I wound up finding his ex’s Instagram page and it’s pretty chilling, he actually does seem like a really attractive, charming, and outgoing person. He is odd, obviously someone trying really hard to express themselves by being an artsy, adventurous hipster but it feels like a facade. Everyone knows he’s a piece of shit, I just thought that was interesting to mention.

Edited by angelito

Posted

It’s good that he holds himself accountable, but I feel like Rin minimized the situation. I guess it bothered me that Rin skimmed what he did to the survivors and focused on the red flags of the relationship with the guy, and how he should have saw it. Girl A was definitely the one being gaslit. Just agreeing with what everyone else said in this thread.

Posted

SmartSelect_20190223-212227_Twitter.thum

Posted

LOL Rins Managers Husband is hard at work ugh even tagging James Charles 

F03998A5-3CDA-40FE-B3EA-17A09D964C3F.png

C6FEF75F-A475-4FE2-8271-4C56B407B943.png

Posted

LOL Rins Managers Husband is hard at work ugh even tagging James Charles 

F03998A5-3CDA-40FE-B3EA-17A09D964C3F.png

C6FEF75F-A475-4FE2-8271-4C56B407B943.png

how do you have that many spelling mistakes??

also Kalvin isn’t hateful. He just has a different opinion and the snowflakes just go “skxjdudx hateful “

Posted

how do you have that many spelling mistakes??

also Kalvin isn’t hateful. He just has a different opinion and the snowflakes just go “skxjdudx hateful “

No idea but this guy has made a few tweets about him also I don’t think English is his first language but I have no idea 

Posted

Adding onto this... I think it’s insensitive to say that both survivors have recovered in the description when he called them and opened up their wounds.

Also, according to another tweet, he lied about   not contacting girl A. 

B66B4237-7050-4E9D-851D-01829CF940A1.jpeg

971257D2-91BA-465E-8999-EC95647BA514.jpeg

Posted

God all of this is so awful, i hope this blows up even bigger because even if it is something that happened in the past, he still keeps on lying just to make himself look better....... thats just pathetic honestly, its obviously the worst for the girls and he shouldve just been straight-up about this from the beginning tbh

Posted (edited)

that apology is so bullshit. "hey guys this thing was brought up guess i have to apologize for it now dont unfollow me lol i've learned from my mistakes go find the victims (and harass them) actually nvm dont anyways im sorry BUT THAT GUY WAS WRONG TO CALL ME BY MY BIRTH NAME!!!!! and yes it's totally equivalent to bullying two rape victims. ok, i'm off to post a pic of literal self harm on my instagram story so all of my followers can see it and think to themselves "wow ppl r bullying rin for no reason poor thing" even though what i'm going through isn't even half as bad as the suffering i've placed onto those two girls. cya!"

omg also they blocked me on twitter? i've never interacted w them or kalvin so idk how they found me kfjgdgk

also not to mention in the video they were like “I’m gonna bleep his name out” meanwhile on Twitter “Michael Chavez is a rapist” like bro.......you think people can’t find that information.... I would just would hate for the girls to get harassed over someone knowing who this guy is and making them relive things. Also the fact that rin called girl a when the drama was brought back up again and she didn’t want to speak to rin at all (rin said) and openly talked about their trauma without consent on youtube IRKS me. 

Edited by whatstheteasis
Not clear

Posted (edited)

I just finished watching the apology video and as much as I want to see it as any semblance of an apology it still doesn’t feel right. There’s no way they didn’t get help/prep from their manager, etc. If they weren’t given any advice whatsoever they probably would have cut some of it and it would’ve looked less composed. I work in PR and for crisis cases regarding social media apologies it’s always best not to edit, to pause, collect your thoughts and keep your emotions and body language consistent with what you want to convey in your apology. Which is some of what they did and I give them props for looking somewhat sincere with what they were saying but it still doesn’t change the fact that they didn’t address what people are upset about which is the gaslighting, almost driving one of the girls to suicide and just overall being shitty to these girls who didn’t deserve any of this. Of course what they were saying seemed sincere because they were focusing more on what happened to them rather than what they did to the girls. They keep saying “my actions” this “my actions” that. Own up to exactly what you did. Stop trying to sugar coat it. It took people bringing this back up for you to take it as a “learning experience.” That’s textbook for any apology. They’re not going to change. They’re still going to be a narcissist, they still only care about themself and furthering their career, they’re still the same person they’ve been these past few weeks which has been unbearable, immature and undeserving. 

That doesn’t just all go away after making an apology video. They were driven to the point of making an apology video and it was just like any other YouTube beauty guru apology video. You look a little sad and worn out (bc people are attacking you, you’re not really sad about what you did), say you’ve changed, you’re a different person and are going to improve, make it seem like you did your research on the subject and show people you’re “learning”, the next day your followers are over it and the next week you’re back on your bullshit. Which is why people are deceived so easily by these social media influencers and their apologies. It’s so fake especially coming from people with gothfruits’ personality.

Once they shut off the camera they probably went right back to playing Pokémon on the switch and living it up with Thomas and friends in LA like they have been. They really just want all of this to blow over. They’re apologizing bc ultimately they HAVE to, so their fans can brush it off for good and go back to praising their king. 

And people have the nerve to be like, “Oh no poor Rin this cancel culture is way out of hand I can’t believe our baby has to go through all of this right now. This was private he already said sorry to them it should be over! I can’t believe he’s being pushed to talk about something that’s so hARD for him!! 😢😭🤧”

You know what’s way out of hand? Gaslighting someone, making them think they weren’t raped and pushing them to the point of suicide all because their rapist loving you was more important to you than their suffering. Which is what everyone seems to be forgetting here?? Like it’s true none of this should’ve been brought up for the victims’ sake but gothfruits literally deserves no sympathy at all for any of this??? Like yeah feel sorry that they were also fucked over by the rapist, but for this situation and what they did to these girls not even a few years ago? This mess? Nah. As for the personal sorries it’s very hard to believe that they were completely genuine when they were literally forced to apologize to the girls to diffuse the drama. Especially if you take into account that there was no “proof” for the apologies and them texting Girl A and asking to “chat” just to get a statement to use. Also don’t forget that gothfruits is still a manipulative person to this day and that they had manipulated those girls to the point of more trauma. The girls are also probably intimidated now that gothfruits has a bigger following than before along with the batshit insane fans ready to defend their kINg to hell and back, which is gothfruits indirectly silencing the girls even more. 

Also, again, to touch on the age excuse that people love to keep using, as well as they brought up in their video that they were 17 and they’re 20 now, like that’s such a huge difference. That’s only 3 years. YES people can definitely change in 3 years but time and again they’ve proven otherwise. We see that, their ex friends see that, but their supporters don’t. They say they were young and wore rose tinted glasses when they were dating the rapist and being blinded by love was what was causing them to be messy. They’re wearing those same glasses right now with Ish and putting him above everyone else. Yes it’s a different guy and this one is much better but the point is they haven’t changed in that aspect if they’re still being dependent on their s/o and revolving their life around them. They haven’t changed in many aspects and there’s holes in a lot of what they’re saying.

Edited by honeymode

Posted

God all of this is so awful, i hope this blows up even bigger because even if it is something that happened in the past, he still keeps on lying just to make himself look better....... thats just pathetic honestly, its obviously the worst for the girls and he shouldve just been straight-up about this from the beginning tbh

same here honestly, I’ve noticed a lot of my friends and mutuals have stopped following Rin since all this has been brought up, but the thing is, it’s not really in the past and it’s still quite recent, also like I know for a fact, cause with how crazy Rin’s fucking fans are, they’re probably like oh the victims have had enough time to recover from their trauma, when trauma takes however long the victim needs. And I don’t really think it’s fair for Rin to use the whole it was/in the past if it clearly still bothers them to this day and they’re still trying to bury something from barely 2 years ago!

Posted

same here honestly, I’ve noticed a lot of my friends and mutuals have stopped following Rin since all this has been brought up, but the thing is, it’s not really in the past and it’s still quite recent, also like I know for a fact, cause with how crazy Rin’s fucking fans are, they’re probably like oh the victims have had enough time to recover from their trauma, when trauma takes however long the victim needs. And I don’t really think it’s fair for Rin to use the whole it was/in the past if it clearly still bothers them to this day and they’re still trying to bury something from barely 2 years ago!

and they keep changing things?

they first said they were 18 and in the video they said they were 17? 

So it’s like, stop changing the story. 

Also, this is what I don’t understand. How can you be a boy and want to wear lingerie??? It makes no sense.  Wouldn’t that make you uncomfortable? (Sorry it just makes no sense to me ) 

95CFB330-E89D-4992-983F-CC25566DE0C1.png